Interesting Riviera Blue Coupe? o.O

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Halcyon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Interesting Riviera Blue Coupe? o.O

No affiliation!!

But this sure caught my attention (again). I've seen this one gone up for sale once in a while. No doubt that it is a relatively uncommon color. I can't tell if it is riviera or turquoise but either way it is very eye catching. I thought this color would demand an even higher price, but i suppose there could be a story behind it as it does say it is repainted. hmm, interesting S badge on a non S car? haha

anyway, just thought i'd share this in case someone is looking for a riviera blue

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/2811924372.html
Old 01-22-2012, 06:30 AM
Washabi
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

not a bad price either, but I would definitely look into why they had the car repainted two years ago. If anyone is inquiring about the car, I still have 4 carfax reports left since I purchased 5 and used one on the current 993 I purchased recently, unless the dealership already has an available copy
Old 01-22-2012, 08:30 AM
deadhead1960
Banned

My guess is that the car did not start out as Riviera Blue; easy enough to check the paint codes. Car looks rough in many ways.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:03 AM
V
Drifting

Looks like the car was silver to begin with, check the engine compartment...
Old 01-22-2012, 11:02 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Viggo
Looks like the car was silver to begin with, check the engine compartment...
Yep ... Polar Silver, I'd venture. Good eye, Viggo
Old 01-22-2012, 01:21 PM
smyers528
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Ive been thinking about checking this car out, love the color, worried about the history. I contacted the seller with some questions, below are his responses. It s a nice price and great color, this would be my DD and first 993 so I do have some concerns.

-has it had a PPI? We do a complete inspection on the car before we put in our dealer inventory. You are also welcome to bring the car in for an independent third party inspection at your cost.
-when was the last service, and where was that performed? I thad a new clutch 14K miles ago. we only have limited records for this car which we have on consignment
-how many owners? I believe two or three.
-has it had any work done recently, new clutch, top end rebuild?
-has it had a compression test? No we have not performed a check nor deem it necessary though you may do so.
-has it been wrecked or tracked ever? I am not sure of this
-what was the reason for the respray, and was it frame off, who completed the work? Not sure who did the work though owner wanted this unique color for himself. Not frame off. Very nice but not concourse paint job.
-how much life is left on the tires? Good tires though rears are worn on the inside
-are there any visual imperfections with the bodywork/paint? small imperfections only.
-do you have the original wheels? no we do not

Id love to hear any thoughts or concerns, also why only tint the side windows.....
Old 01-22-2012, 03:52 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Low price, but that car looks like it has more issues than National Geographic.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:56 AM
MDamen
Pro

Front bumper has the splitters molded in. Probably one piece fiberglass.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:25 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

Hmmm,

some good gear on this - Techart Front Bumper (if its real) a few carbon bits - but.....
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2012, 10:51 AM
inkatouring
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Can't really add much about the car, but I can about the consignment shop. Evan used to be in the vintage BMW world (may still be, don't know) at an outfit called Bimmer Brothers. He had a reputation then. And not one I'd like to have. Not dishonest, per se. Simply untrustworthy. Approach with extreme caution is my advice. Ronald Reagan said of the USSR "trust but verify." With Evan, I wouldn't do the former and definitely would do the latter. Put another way, be very ready to walk away if you're like me and you the buy the seller, not the car. The only way I'd deal with him is if, like this car, he had something unique at a good price. But I'd sure find out why it was at a good price. I can guarantee you that there is a reason....
Old 01-23-2012, 04:34 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Well, typical dealer answers. Skirting teh truth just enough to not be deemed liable in court if it comes to that.

Inka's description above is exactly what I'd think of this dealer based on his description and answers. And the conclusion is - simply stay away. A 127K car with unknown history for $25K simply doesn't arouse any interest in my book. No matter which crayons were used to repaint it.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:54 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
Well, typical dealer answers. Skirting teh truth just enough to not be deemed liable in court if it comes to that.
Exactly my thoughts when I read the responses. Informative yet not.

Quick Reply: Interesting Riviera Blue Coupe? o.O