993 back seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 01:36 AM
PorkerNW
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy 993 back seats

Hi there

I am a newbie to this forum and am looking to buy a 993 in Hong Kong....I am about to check out a couple of C2s and would like to know what do u guys think of the back seats - is it certain that they can't hold adults?

Currently driving a Mk5 Golf GTi and have been taking parents/gf from time to time. Guess if I do switch to a 993 they either need to take a cab or squeeze themselves into the back seats. Rather inhumane?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:41 AM
element
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

they can hold adults, but not happy ones. a GTi has A LOT MORE ROOM than a 993.. main issue is the slope of the rear glass and the leg room is very limited - I usually get people to put there legs across to the other sides foot area. The material around the seats are also very hard, so not that comfortable to press your body onto.

for kids - great!! I think kids turn out better when raised on a proper 993 (or porsche) diet

phil.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:43 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nwong01
Hi there

I am a newbie to this forum and am looking to buy a 993 in Hong Kong....I am about to check out a couple of C2s and would like to know what do u guys think of the back seats - is it certain that they can't hold adults?

Currently driving a Mk5 Golf GTi and have been taking parents/gf from time to time. Guess if I do switch to a 993 they either need to take a cab or squeeze themselves into the back seats. Rather inhumane?
Hi...there are a few of us here in HK with families/small children

Are you looking at a coupe or cab? I had a cab for over 10+ years and depending on how large the driver is, you can fit medium size adults in the rear - unless it's for over an hour trip. It's manageable but will be less comfortable than your current car. I now have a coupe and fitting adults in the rear is much more challenging as the headroom is more limited....since the rear wasn't being used anyways the car now has fixed back front seats and a child's car seat

Last edited by David in LA; 04-17-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:56 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

am looking to buy a 993 in Hong Kong....
If the adults are from Hong Kong.....should be no problem...

wait a sec......that wasn't too wrong was it......??
Old 04-17-2012, 02:03 AM
PorkerNW
Instructor

Well that's sth I am considering too. A cabrio is ideal for summer breeze but if let's say I am only able to keep one car then prolly a coupe is a more sensible model to go for. I heard that its pretty expensive to get a new roof for a cab (which is necessary in every few years time, depending on usage). Now struggling between a 96 midnight blue c2 and a 94 red c2 cab.

It's really bugging me a lot as to whether I should go for it and sell the gti....

Btw David - u used to own a white 993 cab in HK right?

Last edited by PorkerNW; 04-17-2012 at 03:21 AM. Reason: want to expand my post more to raise more questions
Old 04-17-2012, 10:50 AM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome and good luck on your search. make sure you have a PPI at a garage familar with Porsche.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Ocean Blue C2S
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For short distances, and for a mere 10 miles or so, you can fit two short women in the back seat of a Porsche 993, especially easy coming back from dinner and plenty of wine...visiting a winery in British Columbia, BC. My wife of 5 ft, 2" and her equally petite (always use that word!) ladyfriend ahd a lot of laughs and showed a lot of leg manipulating getting in and out of the 993...

Enjoy the photo!

Bert
Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2012, 11:12 PM
PorkerNW
Instructor

Cool

thanks guys, very useful info from you all (and thanks for the photo, ocean blue c2s!). i think i have a better idea now.

got some other questions in mind lemme start a new post if i may. thank you all again :
Old 04-17-2012, 11:52 PM
bugs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bert, that's a lovely photo. I guess the 993 grin is contagious : )

Nwong01, welcome and good luck with your search. I have 2 kids, a 3 yrs old and a 1 yr old, one of the reasons I am keeping my targa as a weekend car is that the air condition is not as sufficient as my wife wish it to be : (
For me, is non issue, I don't switch on anything when I drive it and lov'in it.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:02 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

....Btw David - u used to own a white 993 cab in HK right?
Yes, it was a MY94 white with blue top. It was a tip but was a good car and ran strong. Too bad you weren't in the market last year as I sold it on the low side and it had all the records for the past 10-11 years, which is almost impossible to get if you are buying from a second hand dealer.

Have you seen the car? I see it from time to time...current owner lives in Happy Valley, and I saw it last time being serviced at Road&Track.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:52 AM
PorkerNW
Instructor

Originally Posted by David in LA
Yes, it was a MY94 white with blue top. It was a tip but was a good car and ran strong. Too bad you weren't in the market last year as I sold it on the low side and it had all the records for the past 10-11 years, which is almost impossible to get if you are buying from a second hand dealer.

Have you seen the car? I see it from time to time...current owner lives in Happy Valley, and I saw it last time being serviced at Road&Track.
Thanks David. Sorry I didn't realize that you have sold it already, I even sent messages to your inbox at adpost.com when I saw your ad with the white cab. Gorgeous I have to say, and I can still feel the pain for missing it out :S Guess you must have your reason to sell it. Are you driving any 993 at the moment?

Yes agreed, in a way the price of the 993s nowadays have gone up a bit, in particular those put up on sale by the dealers.

I haven't seen the car before. Do you still keep in touch with the buyer? In case you do and he's decided to sell it for whatever reason, surely I am interested to go check it out!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:32 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Thanks David. Sorry I didn't realize that you have sold it already, I even sent messages to your inbox at adpost.com when I saw your ad with the white cab. Gorgeous I have to say, and I can still feel the pain for missing it out :S Guess you must have your reason to sell it. Are you driving any 993 at the moment?

Yes agreed, in a way the price of the 993s nowadays have gone up a bit, in particular those put up on sale by the dealers.

I haven't seen the car before. Do you still keep in touch with the buyer? In case you do and he's decided to sell it for whatever reason, surely I am interested to go check it out!
I sold the car because it just wasn't being driven and deserved a better home. I have two young kids and also a 993 turbo, so any free time I had I found my self driving the turbo instead. I really do miss the car though...esp last weekend which was perfect cab weather. Sorry I missed your messages at adpost...i didn't see them

PM me or email me if you want to chat. I have a friend who may be selling his cab as it does not get driven much.

Quick Reply: 993 back seats