Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hit and Run

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:58 PM
4X4SCHE
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Showcase in Totem Lake did good work on my Mercedes (pulled it out and almost no filler) when the same thing happened to me on the 520 bridge. Damage was almost identical. Car was 1 month old.
In fact it may be better that he didn't stop because a claim of this kind doesn't affect your premium rating. It is under the pooled "Uninsured/Underinsured motorist" part of your policy. There is no adjudication of fault, providing that you report the hit and run to the police. I didn't get the number either and there were three of us in the car. I pulled over once we were off the bridge and the other driver kept going.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:19 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, sorry Travis

Good luck with the repairs
Hang in there!

(I fear body shops too)
Old 04-24-2012, 12:24 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 63 Likes on 25 Posts

Sorry to see this Travis, all the best for the repair...
Old 04-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Travis, you just can't win!!

Luckly, the damage looks cosmetic, & not very bad. I also had a hit & run happen in the C4, so I feel your pain! Mine was while I was in a gun store looking at a new pistol.

Is the one on the rear fender through the paint? If so I'll come over & buff it out of you. Is the front fender seam bent in the front? You might be able to save the fender.

Sadly, this is why we carry insurance. But still sucks A$$!!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 12:47 AM
windydog
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is a positive way to look at the situation. Maybe you weren't supposed to be somewhere at a certain time, and this prevented you from getting there...

My wife got a ticket, but the way I look at it, maybe the ticket saved her life.. You never know. But I am happy that you are OK.

Karma has a funny way of getting back at people. This neighbor of mine though he would be funny and steal my tire during the night. Even though the tire was rolled to his garage, and the grass even had the imprint of my tire he still denied it to the Police and me. In the end, he lost his job, his house and his wife divorced him.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:50 AM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Travis...I have had great luck with Mark, he specializes in Porsche's. Great work!!!

EUROTECH BODYWERKES
www.eurotechbodywerkes.com

13209 NE 126th Place #A140
Kirkland , WA 98034
Attn: Mark Israel
425-823-4282
Old 04-24-2012, 01:54 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh no,,,, so sorry to hear this, Travis. I think rage-guy sums up my sentiment on that bastard.

Again, sorry! Sending you an email re: body shops.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:12 AM
TravisB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CalvinC4S
Dang, to think I chased someone down the other night for flipping me off. Wish I had your cool, I would have been in a cold cell.

Well, I'm not always that cool. Once I had a guy tailgating me for 2+ blocks..like, couldn't see his hood tailgating. We were in a conga line of traffic so I wasn't sure what his problem was. So I did what any other reasonable young fella would do; I stopped in the street and got out and calmly asked if there was a problem. I have never seen anyone so scared in my life! He didn't say anything or even look at me, just pulled an epic-frantic 15 point turnabout. I guess he just wanted to turn around!

Originally Posted by _boman
Crap man, that really sucks!! Agreed with the other guys; it's a great opportunity to
iron out any additional body "issues" that a 15+ year old car may have! Maybe it's
time to go bumperette-less while you're at it??

Good luck Travis!

We'll see. I'm guessing the bumpers are going to be at least blended in, so perhaps a bumperettectomy could be in order for a reasonable price.

Originally Posted by Kmassed002
Rough, so many deadbeats out there!

+993!

Originally Posted by 993Brendan
Sorry to see, but at least its relatively fixable. Glad you and your 993 weren't banged up more. Some people are just ********...

Yes, tis but a flesh wound! Unfortunately my dread is from what is going to happen at the body shop. The last time I had a small fender crunch, I wound up having to have it fixed five times by two different shops, and the repairs were still detectable. That was also a hit and run..

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Travis, you just can't win!!

Luckly, the damage looks cosmetic, & not very bad. I also had a hit & run happen in the C4, so I feel your pain! Mine was while I was in a gun store looking at a new pistol.

Is the one on the rear fender through the paint? If so I'll come over & buff it out of you. Is the front fender seam bent in the front? You might be able to save the fender.

Sadly, this is why we carry insurance. But still sucks A$$!!!!

It's been said I have my own special breed of luck. I've generally got it when it really counts, but sometimes the little things in life sure put up a fight.

But yeah I was quite relieved to see it was cosmetic only. There are tire marks on the wheels but they probably just grazed it, we'll see what shows up on the alignment rack. Unfortunately there's some metal deformation on the rear quarter, it doesn't show well in that picture. It shouldn't be too hard to massage it back to where it needs to be though. The front fender however, I am not sure about..it's caved in fairly well, but my unprofessional opinion is that it too is probably savable. Anyway thanks for the offer to buff it out but I am going to try to get it in to a shop ASAP..guess maybe it's a good thing I put off that detail job!

Originally Posted by 4X4SCHE
Showcase in Totem Lake did good work on my Mercedes (pulled it out and almost no filler) when the same thing happened to me on the 520 bridge. Damage was almost identical. Car was 1 month old.
In fact it may be better that he didn't stop because a claim of this kind doesn't affect your premium rating. It is under the pooled "Uninsured/Underinsured motorist" part of your policy. There is no adjudication of fault, providing that you report the hit and run to the police. I didn't get the number either and there were three of us in the car. I pulled over once we were off the bridge and the other driver kept going.

I think since I had a prior hit and run experience, I was less inclined to go after the individual(s) for that reason..I will be out my deductible, but other than that the outcome is basically the same on my end. Anyway thanks for the tip on Showcase, I'll add them to my list of shops to check out!

Originally Posted by windydog
Here is a positive way to look at the situation. Maybe you weren't supposed to be somewhere at a certain time, and this prevented you from getting there...

My wife got a ticket, but the way I look at it, maybe the ticket saved her life.. You never know. But I am happy that you are OK.

Karma has a funny way of getting back at people. This neighbor of mine though he would be funny and steal my tire during the night. Even though the tire was rolled to his garage, and the grass even had the imprint of my tire he still denied it to the Police and me. In the end, he lost his job, his house and his wife divorced him.

Truth be told? I was on my way to get drinks with one of the secretaries from work...heh.

But yeah, I am a believer in Karma. Everyone gets theirs, eventually, in some shape or form. I'd like to think the universe has a way of balancing itself out.

Originally Posted by rcwelch
Travis...I have had great luck with Mark, he specializes in Porsche's. Great work!!!

Yep, as luck would have it I am working nights this week so I'll be touring body shops tomorrow morning. Eurotech is on my list along with Queen City and Showcase.

Originally Posted by MarkD
Wow, sorry Travis

Good luck with the repairs
Hang in there!

(I fear body shops too)
Originally Posted by DJF1
Sorry to see this Travis, all the best for the repair...

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen! We can rebuild it...
Old 04-24-2012, 02:16 AM
TravisB
Pro

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
Oh no,,,, so sorry to hear this, Travis. I think rage-guy sums up my sentiment on that bastard.

Yeah I pretty much looked like rage guy after I collected myself and figured out what happened, lol! Now you know the REAL reason why I stayed behind you on 405 this evening..
Old 04-24-2012, 02:16 AM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Queen City is great and I have had excellent results from RnR in Bellevue.

Befriend the guys in the shop doing the work and you will benefit mightily!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:49 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TravisB
Yeah I pretty much looked like rage guy after I collected myself and figured out what happened, lol! Now you know the REAL reason why I stayed behind you on 405 this evening..
Ah!

Still can't believe it though,,,, who the f'ck leaves the scene of an accident like that? Hoping for a good solid round of karma, and right soon.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:54 AM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This sucks. V sorry to hear...

Trophy from Saturday night. Started to change lanes, and next thing I know I'm being bumped back in to the middle lane.
I catch myself occasionally being lazy about good driving, but this is a good reminder to be constantly double-checking the mirrors and "head on a swivel", scanning for idiots. I'm amazed at the people who think racing on a track is dangerous, when the real danger is out on the freeway.

Truth be told? I was on my way to get drinks with one of the secretaries from work...heh.
^^^^^^^
This thread is now officially useless without pictures!
Old 04-24-2012, 03:39 AM
berni29
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi

I will be getting one of those in car camera systems for sure. And loosing the SD card when I do something stupid. Having said that I would never do a runner! The guy must have had something to hide and was probably not worth approaching.

Sometimes when you meet someone like that the concequences can be serious. I guess you were lucky.

Berni
Old 04-24-2012, 05:54 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by berni29
....I will be getting one of those in car camera systems for sure....
OK, anyone have recommendations? I've been thinking of gettin one, at least for the other car. At a minimum need (i) night vision, (ii) auto on/off, (iii) front and rear facing, (iv) motion activated. Not sure if I want noise/voice recording...not sure I would want what I say in the car to be recorded
Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Kmassed002
Rough, so many deadbeats out there!
+1

Quick Reply: Hit and Run