Sponsored by: DashLynx

Another DDM Tuning HID install

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:48 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ilko
I've had the DDM 3000K fog light HIDs for 2 years now in my aftermarket Turbo S projector scoops. I even set them as DRL and no issues, love them! Also have the DDM high beam HIDs in 3000K. They make a huge difference compared to the stock high beams.
Where did you place/mount the ballasts? This is on my "to do" project list but I didn't know how/where to waterproof the ballasts.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:05 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by 95carrera
First night drive tonight. Frankly, I'm not digging them that much. The 4500's have too much blue to them...
4500K is white. OEM is 4300K and the difference is negligible. The next lower temp would be 3000K (what I have for fogs and hi beams) but that's yellow. I prefer it for driving in increment weather but for the main beams I'd stick with 4300K.

Originally Posted by David in LA
Where did you place/mount the ballasts? This is on my "to do" project list but I didn't know how/where to waterproof the ballasts.
They are definitely waterproof. I zip tied the fog light ballasts inside the bumper on top of the scoops so that they don't interrupt air flow to the oil cooler, etc. For the high beams I just put them inside the fender.

And BTW, mine are not the slim ballasts either. I don't know if they even offered the slim ones back when I bought them 2+ years ago. I still remember how cheap they were - $35/set. So I figured for that little money I'd give 'em a shot. And they've held up fine.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:16 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
I don't know if they even offered the slim ones back when I bought them 2+ years ago.
Bought my DDM slim kit two years ago, and haven't been as lucky. They crapped out several months ago. Since I hardly ever drive at night, I went back to stock halogen.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

I'd have gone with the Carnewal kit to start with. Sure, a few bucks more, but at least you can contact the guy you're buying from, and he does know Porsches. I have no complaint on the brightness, hue or installation of the kit I bought from Gert about two years ago.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:09 AM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

2 years on my set and no issues so far. I have the 35W 5K's and don't think they look too blue. Best mod to date.

I would suggest getting LED running lights to match the color of the mains.

Quick Reply: Another DDM Tuning HID install