TurboLaal
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THREAD
Old 12-01-2012, 01:43 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 77 Posts

Dont have posession yet however here are a few of the sellers pics....

Tint will be promptly removed when I get it home!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:51 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert993TT
Both the RS2 and RS4 (B5) are highly tunable so that has been popular car´s to buy for younger peoples when the prices came down so that they could afford to buy them. Thats not the same thing as can afford to own one. It´s not easy to find an original car these days. The same thing can be said about BMW M3 of similar vintage.

Here is a picture of my RS2. It´s volcano black. A true sleeper as most people think its just an Audi 80 Avant. The RS2 is very fast even by todays standards. Make no mistake about that. It´s primitive in a good way. When the turbo kicks in it feels like a brutal takeoff on an airliner. The 993 turbo which I also own feels more sophisticated the way the turbo kicks in and in the way the power is delivered, but also more agriculture to drive in some ways. The 993 was probably "old" school even when sold new. But that should not came as a surprise for any 993 owner on this forum or any other. The mechanical and analogue feeling is one of the reason why we own one. The 993 is of course much nicer to look at than the RS2.

https://rennlist.com/forums/8203693-post139.html
That is AWESOME. You're right, the RS2 has always been kinda quirky in cosmetics, but I think that is part of the appeal.

I would have figured since the RS2 and B5 RS4 are so rare they would be fairly expensive, keeping them away from young hipsters. But maybe they're not rare, could be an assumption based on never seeing either!

Unfortunately in the states neither the B5 RS4 nor RS2 (nor even the S2) came in. A few have been imported though. I think there is one guy who has three RS2's or something, one really beat up. GMG has one as there more-or-less promo car, out in CA I think?

Along with the inline-5, I think the 2.7TT is one of Audi's best engines.

Originally Posted by ginch

Lookin good! The B7 RS4 is definitely a mean looking sedan.

Take care!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:56 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Well I pulled the trigger on a 2008 Phantom black, premium package, carbon trim car. Its an original canadian car with full service history and 62,000 km's (less than 40,000 miles). I called our local tuning shop and they do carbon cleans for between $4-700epending on how bad the build up is. Really not an issue as I might have to do that every 2-3 years! Really wanted sprint blue but RS4's are pretty scarce in Canada and this one ticks every box other than color! Oh well, the C4S is black so I will have 2 black, big assed toys in the garage!!!!!
nothing wrong with two phat assed cars in the garage.

if it were up to me i would have an orange rs4 and an orange gt3 rs,

but instead i have the 08 DG RS4 and a 91 MB 964...and soon to be added 97 C2 993 which should be shipped to my house next week.

i have e-code headlights, ttrs steering wheel and mtm catback exhaust on my RS4. it is a great car. but still prefer orange
Old 12-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

I have a buddy who has one of these; he is a die-hard car guy and loves it. I've ridden in it a few times and it's terrific.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:48 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Definitely looking forward to picking it up!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Robert993TT
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenchToast
That is AWESOME. You're right, the RS2 has always been kinda quirky in cosmetics, but I think that is part of the appeal.

I would have figured since the RS2 and B5 RS4 are so rare they would be fairly expensive, keeping them away from young hipsters. But maybe they're not rare, could be an assumption based on never seeing either!

Unfortunately in the states neither the B5 RS4 nor RS2 (nor even the S2) came in. A few have been imported though. I think there is one guy who has three RS2's or something, one really beat up. GMG has one as there more-or-less promo car, out in CA I think?

Along with the inline-5, I think the 2.7TT is one of Audi's best engines.
Well, the RS2 where produced in 2891 examples. Many have been molested over the years by their owners. That has brought the prices down. A good one is still good fairly expensive for a car produced between 1994- 1996. I think that one day many of the molested cars will disappear from the market. Probably sold in parts as it will command more money than selling the car as it stands. That would be a good thing for owners like myself. You don´t se many RS2 on the road anymore. In fact you almost never saw one even when they where fairly new.

I use mine as a semi daily driver. The fact that it´s a quattro makes useful in even the worst winter conditions. Just put on the snow tires. The winter rims are D90 that are often seen on Porsche 944.

The RS4 (B5) where produced in 6030 examples. The RS4 (B7) where produced in about 10 000 examples. In comparison the RS2 where produced in low volumes. What makes the RS2 a bit special is that it was put together in Rossle-Bau plant in Zuffenhausen. The same plant as the 959 and Mercedes E500 where produced. Also it was the first RS model.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

That's a sweet car, one of my favs for sure. Congrats!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:25 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

THanks Fellas! Should be fun!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Robert993TT
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THanks Fellas! Should be fun!
Sorry for hijacking your thread. I´m sure you will be very happy with your new RS4.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:53 PM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn...with the silver mirrors, that is handsome. Congrats!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:25 AM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats! Great car and I picked up my RS4 about a year ago and it's my daily driver. I love getting in that car at the end of the day and driving home. The next time you are due for a carbon clean go ahead and get your shop to install the intake spacers.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:16 AM
pkrasusky
Racer

Congrats on the score, you're gonna dig it!!! That interior is simply one of the best ever.

Originally Posted by Robert993TT
Well, the RS2 where produced in 2891 examples. Many have been molested over the years by their owners. That has brought the prices down. A good one is still good fairly expensive for a car produced between 1994- 1996. I think that one day many of the molested cars will disappear from the market. Probably sold in parts as it will command more money than selling the car as it stands. That would be a good thing for owners like myself. You don´t se many RS2 on the road anymore. In fact you almost never saw one even when they where fairly new.

I use mine as a semi daily driver. The fact that it´s a quattro makes useful in even the worst winter conditions. Just put on the snow tires. The winter rims are D90 that are often seen on Porsche 944.

The RS4 (B5) where produced in 6030 examples. The RS4 (B7) where produced in about 10 000 examples. In comparison the RS2 where produced in low volumes. What makes the RS2 a bit special is that it was put together in Rossle-Bau plant in Zuffenhausen. The same plant as the 959 and Mercedes E500 where produced. Also it was the first RS model.
I always thought the RS2's front bumper fog / indicator treatment was very familial to the 993 motif. And the 993 mirrors, Cup wheels, and big reds are sweet touches.

I finally pop'd my RS2 cherry with some WOT time this summer, my bud in Montreal bought one and came down with it. Neat car.

Say Robert, you on the S2 forum at all? If so, you've probably read about the RS2 America build here in the States (Georgia)? That's my good friend Tommyboy... that car / project is incredulous!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 134 Posts

I was out for a run the other day and heard one rumble by on the highway. The sound is incredible.

Quick Reply: OT: RS4