993 Forum 1995-1998

This is inspiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Vorsicht
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PecosBill
Some people luck into finding something they are passionate about, and then somehow being able to pursue it while still making a living. Others spend their lives occupied with something that we are not passionate about, but it is where life lead us. Many in the second camp despise those in the first camp because they live the life they wish they could.

Though I am in the second camp, I can admire those in the first one, because I can see the exact forks in the road were I made conscious decisions that lead me away from my dreams, and took me down the road to where I'm at. It is inspiring to see someone living their dream, whatever it is.
Interesting and refreshingly honest post. It made me think of a book I read.

It is a book which in part is all about these two camps. An oldie but a goodie. Dense at first but rewarding in the end. It explains what's really going on psychologically with these two groups. You might like it.

Escape From Freedom Escape From Freedom
by Erich Fromme
Old 10-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JB 911
I enjoy the movies. Old 911's running Coyotes off the road? Where else can you get this?
+1 on this...I like pretty much any videos of old 911s. I don't know anything about this guy...other than what I see on this video. Seems like a nice enough guy to me...I could give a rip about how he makes his money or what "motives" he may have by doing the videos. However, I do appreciate him sharing his sweet green 911with the world....he just seems like a hippie dude with good taste in cars....I think the haters on here just need to relax a bit.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PecosBill
Some people luck into finding something they are passionate about, and then somehow being able to pursue it while still making a living. Others spend their lives occupied with something that we are not passionate about, but it is where life lead us. Many in the second camp despise those in the first camp because they live the life they wish they could.

Though I am in the second camp, I can admire those in the first one, because I can see the exact forks in the road were I made conscious decisions that lead me away from my dreams, and took me down the road to where I'm at. It is inspiring to see someone living their dream, whatever it is.
+1 on this too....
Old 10-08-2013, 10:29 PM
wolfturbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MW is laying the ground work on the '65 for when its auctioned off at Monterey 2014...will we see $500K???

See it on the cover of a car magazine soon!.....see it on the Jay show.....see it on the Crayola show....it's a circus!!

Quick Reply: This is inspiring