Price check: 95 coupe / 54k miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 10:02 AM
mondogarage
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric in SD
Mondo,

There are lots of opinions out there. Try searching with google, a rennlist search won't yield much. Here is a sample:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-c2-vs-c4.html

I was looking for the best 993 in my budget and happened upon a C4. I discovered there are actually a few nice extras that are standard with the C4 option including hydraulically boosted brakes, Bosch 5 4-channel abs, limited slip diff, M030 front drop links, beefier motor mounts, and a cool weighted silver top shift lever. In dry conditions 95% of the power is directed to the rear wheels and most drivers would be hard pressed to tell the difference. The difference in weight is less than a tank of gas. Plus you can readily convert to 2wd if you must (this is reversible too).

But good luck finding a C4 narrow body. Only 951 NB C4 coupes were imported to the US. That's about 4% of the total 993's imported.

Buy the best 993 you can find. Chances are slim that you will find a C4, but don't rule them out. And consider yourself fortunate with what ever you get.
Thanks for explaining some of the differences. I'm sort of on the same page...buy the best 993 I can find/afford. And, I'm in Colorado and liked the idea of a C4 to begin with (though a friend disabused me of the 964 C4 notion a while back...). And I don't really intend to track, just the odd autocross and lots of PCA tours, so I don't need to focus on things that make track focus a plus. I thought there were actually a couple thousand C4's, but I guess those were production numbers, not U.S. import numbers.

As for the car in the instant thread, I've given it a bit of thought, but I not generally a fan of the grey interior, except in a limited range of exterior colors. Haven't completely ruled it out, though...
Old 01-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Eric in SD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mondogarage
but I not generally a fan of the grey interior, except in a limited range of exterior colors....
Me neither, therein lies the problem.

Originally Posted by saneproductions
Is this really true?

Not sure how accurate Wikipedia is but-
Looks like they made 4x as many NB C2 Coupes as they did C4 Coupes

Seems like C4 NB should be at a premium
Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2014, 12:33 PM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Multiple kids fit just fine in a 993

As the father of four daughters, I'll point out that I can get three of them into the 993 just fine. Age 11 in the front seat (driving carefully here), 8 and 5 in the rears, with booster for the five ear old. Linda age 11 has to put her front seat forward a bit for Laura age 8 behind her. Lisa sits behind me.

They insist to be driven in the 993 during summer, instead of the GMC Acadia, whenever feasible. I don't take them long distances or at high speeds with Linda in the front seat.

I don't think you have proven your need to sell the car ;-)

Mike
Old 01-15-2014, 02:29 PM
mikestash
Racer

Hey guys - OP here.

Thanks for the replies. To answer a few questions:
1) No basket handle. This is a late model build
2) I was a huge poster on rennlist 7 years ago and let my subscription lapse. When I list, I will pay my subscription. I was able to shake the addiction once I bought my car!
3) C4 vs. C2 is subjective. The 95 c4 understeers a bit more but the awd system is incredibly better than the 964. Also the c4 has a silver brake calipers (vs black on c2) and silver insert on shifter.
4) Pics will be posted soon.
5) I will have 3 kids under 2 years old. No way will the 993 work!

Mike
Old 01-15-2014, 03:46 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by mikestash

5) I will have 3 kids under 2 years old. No way will the 993 work!

Mike
To quote what a flight attendant recently said when making the safety announcements; "If there are any problems and you have too many children to handle, pick the one(s) with most potential"

Lower mile cars are increasingly hard to find. If the car is up to date on maintenance and presents well, I'd ask $42K and see what happens. If you're in a hurry, $39.5K. Either way got to leave some wiggle room.

I sincerely hope you post a proper ad with pics and a price. Unfortunately, this place feels a little ebayish lately. GLWS!
Old 01-15-2014, 06:43 PM
saneproductions
Racer

Originally Posted by Eric in SD
Me neither, therein lies the problem.
Thanks!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:43 PM
mikestash
Racer

Membership paid. My rennlist number is almost as old as yours ;-)....
Old 01-15-2014, 08:55 PM
mikestash
Racer

Here are 3 pictures of the car from the parking lot at work with option codes via iphone. Ultra rare heated seats ;-)...

Better photos to follow if I put in classifieds.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:32 PM
mondogarage
Instructor

PM sent, after all.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:37 AM
mikestash
Racer

Car is officially for sale:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...55k-miles.html

Quick Reply: Price check: 95 coupe / 54k miles