993 Forum 1995-1998

selling advice for my 993

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 04:30 PM
certz
Three Wheelin'

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
yeah, trouble is the OP's car isn't yours and making asinine statements like you wouldn't ride in a car with 20% brake pad life remaining is, in fact, ridiculous.

The only thing correct around your post was the research, so terrific, we agree.

Original thoughts on a pricing thread? What world do you live in?

And, the dig at not being a member, like that makes any difference.

wow, douche bag? very clever. Listen child, wipe that sand out of your hooha and get over your fear of mildly worn brake pads.
I have seen your posts before, you hide behind your keyboard and trash people at will. The difference is I would not hesitate to call you a douche bag and more to your face. Your are what is wrong with this site - trash others and never give good recommendations. I do not get to NJ but I will be at the Watkins Glen club race with the car in my avatar. Come over and say hi.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:09 PM
David993S
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by certz
I have seen your posts before, you hide behind your keyboard and trash people at will. The difference is I would not hesitate to call you a douche bag and more to your face. Your are what is wrong with this site - trash others and never give good recommendations. I do not get to NJ but I will be at the Watkins Glen club race with the car in my avatar. Come over and say hi.
Certz - regarding trashing others, don't forget the "glass house/throwing stones" saying. Let me remind you that you called me (as I pointed out the OP was posting a thinly veiled For Sale ad) a Yahoo. If a Yahoo is someone who simply expects members to follow the rules of the Board, then OK, I'm a Yahoo. (I'm not offended.....I've been called worse.)

No hard feeling, I hope.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:54 PM
stace
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by x50type
Welcome back to Rennlist. We have become a codgy cynical sort. and mean with it.

No question.

^^ this!!! +1 to the OP welcome to back to Rennlist and good luck with the sale. as hot as pricing is on 993s and as often as someone mentions how hard it is to find a nice example - I would think we would all like to know earlier rather than later when one is about to come on the market!!! Given what dealers are asking you should be able to command a strong price! but I agree - best advice is don't sell!!!!
Old 04-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,375 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by certz
I'm terrified.

Let me know when you are at watkins. I'll come up and we can fight.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:24 PM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 364 Likes on 239 Posts

<face-palm> I'm embarrassed for this group....

OP, where is the car?
Old 04-03-2015, 06:30 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jscott82
<face-palm> I'm embarrassed for this group....

OP, where is the car?
The more important question is whether a potential buyer should test drive the car with only 20% of the brake pads remaining.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Todynot
Burning Brakes

Received 156 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
I'm terrified. Let me know when you are at watkins. I'll come up and we can fight.
Thanks you two for the entertainment. Let's plan a 993 group meet at WG and we can take bets on the winner. Funny sh*t.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:58 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by RodKnock
The more important question is whether a potential buyer should test drive the car with only 20% of the brake pads remaining.
Really, the question is why anyone would buy a car with more than 30k miles on it.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:15 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr. No
Really, the question is why anyone would buy a car with more than 30k miles on it.
Phew. Then I'm safe.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:19 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Todynot
Thanks you two for the entertainment. Let's plan a 993 group meet at WG and we can take bets on the winner. Funny sh*t.
Bets? How about Pay-Per-View? The Mayweather-Pacquiao fight is charging $100. We should be able to get at least half that amount for a Certz-Quadcammer fight.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:21 PM
Sybco
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha! And I had no idea what the 1st poster meant with the little popcorn emoitcon... thanks to most of you that posted constructive comments and to those who defended and believed in my nievety. Ive owned Porshe's for 20 years and have followed this site at times religiously. I will say rarely do I post, out of fear or intinidation of being jumped like I did early on here. Seems extremely childish and certainly turns off any new comers. I would hate to respond any further to the constructive questions out of concern I might be taking advantage of the $18 savings of my non member status.
I promise though, when and if the time comes, I will list it on RL first,,,after my membership fees are paid,,,if I can afford them,,, after doing the brakes that is
Old 04-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 72 Posts

No way am I taking sides here but will throw this out for what it is worth.

Last March when I bought my black car the PPI said it needed brakes. When we got it up on the lift, my mechanic said there was about 15k miles left on the pads and the rotors were fine.

Well, I had it stuck in my mind that it needed brakes and wanted him to do them. He said "Why? You put about 2,000 miles on a year, at that rate you really won't need new pads for a few years". "Also, the pads are mated to the rotors and any small grooves actually provide more braking surface than if they were smooth as glass"

I'm going to miss him when he retires.....

But, I would add that if I was tracking my cars, I would most likely do them now.

Regards,

Old 04-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Ish993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeeeze........ I'm really surprised the OP isn't a member !

I mean, we RL guys are so f - ing friendly and all, why wouldn't someone want to be an official member of this ****show

My advice - tidy up the cheap easy fixes, post for sale with lots of pics, including pics of any body damage, dates and details of mods/work done.

GLWS

Oh and if you do join RL......... Good Luck Mother F :-)
Old 04-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by RodKnock
Phew. Then I'm safe.
Look, if you ever need to unload that anchor I'll do you a favor and give you KBB "average retail."
Old 04-03-2015, 08:36 PM
Sybco
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dr No, since you are clearly one of the experts here, you are surely making me a fair or even great offer. unfortunately , I don't yet have my membership dues paid so i couldnt possibly face the outrage of fellow RL'ers of such an unethical sale

Quick Reply: selling advice for my 993