Sponsored by: DashLynx

993 Rennfax wanted - San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Powder
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 Rennfax wanted - San Diego

Hi - i'm fairly new to this forum (but hope to be a thoughtful contributor soon) so thought i'd give a little intro. My name is Alex and I live in Santa Monica CA. I have been a Porsche fan for years and currently work in the automotive industry.

Over the last few months I've been looking for a 96-97' Porsche 993 (like everyone else it seems). I think I have found the one that fits my price range and specs and am looking to see if anyone here would be open to do a quick look over on the car.

The car is a 96' 993 C2 black with black interior and has 65k miles. It is going to be at Black Forest in San Diego this weekend and have an appointment for a PPI on Monday. While SD is not far from LA my schedule doesn't allow me to get down there before next weekend which is when i'd likely purchase pending any issues. If anyone would be willing to make a quick stop and look it over and report back it would be much appreciated.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Detoxx
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I work about 10min from there. I'll see if I can take a quick jaunt down there depending how crazy my schedule is monday.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Detoxx
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stopped by this afternoon and the car was up on the lift. Only looked at it for a min as they were in the middle of the PPI and didn't want to get in the way. Looked pretty good on the outside and underneath. Nothing glaringly stood out with a quick glance. Wasn't able to see the interior or the top of the car however. There's a leak you'll hear about in the PPI which will cost a bit to repair. Overall it looked pretty good to me, just depends on what that PPI turns up.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:54 AM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know you didn't mention this as a concern but Black Forrest is a top notch shop. I've serviced p-cars there for 15+yrs and trust them whole heartedly. Your PPI is in good hands. Trust their recommendations
Old 06-09-2015, 02:57 AM
Powder
6th Gear

Thanks Detoxx for stopping by - anxious to get the report tomorrow. I anticipate a couple things could use some fixing but hoping most mechanics are in good shape.
Originally Posted by Detoxx
Stopped by this afternoon and the car was up on the lift. Only looked at it for a min as they were in the middle of the PPI and didn't want to get in the way. Looked pretty good on the outside and underneath. Nothing glaringly stood out with a quick glance. Wasn't able to see the interior or the top of the car however. There's a leak you'll hear about in the PPI which will cost a bit to repair. Overall it looked pretty good to me, just depends on what that PPI turns up.
Sweet! I've been very pleased with how the process has gone by so far. Great to hear there are quality eyes on the car. A friend and fellow Rennlister recommended them - i'm going to keep taking his advice.
Originally Posted by mac993
I know you didn't mention this as a concern but Black Forrest is a top notch shop. I've serviced p-cars there for 15+yrs and trust them whole heartedly. Your PPI is in good hands. Trust their recommendations
Old 06-10-2015, 01:02 AM
Powder
6th Gear

Hey thanks for everyone's help. I got the PPI results back and a number of items came up. If anyone is buying a black 993 C2 from a seller in SD i'm glad to provide my PPI. Not buying the car
Old 06-10-2015, 10:23 AM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Powder,
You want a 993? Here is the car to purchase...Painstakingly maintained, and as beautiful as they get!

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-for-sale.html
Old 06-10-2015, 10:44 AM
Powder
6th Gear

Originally Posted by nine9six
Powder,
You want a 993? Here is the car to purchase...Painstakingly maintained, and as beautiful as they get!

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-for-sale.html
That is one beautiful car but a bit beyond my budget!

I'm looking for a 96-97 993 C2 with under 80k miles and as close to stock as possible. Not hung up on one color vs. another although do prefer an all black interior

Quick Reply: 993 Rennfax wanted - San Diego