Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 01:38 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Will T
Stupidity on my part. Now I'm going with consignment with CNC
Be careful with CNC. I had a great buying experience with the Sales Mgr, but was pretty much treated like a leper when I attempted to sell car back to them 8 months later. I know these dealers are in the business to make $$$, but how does a car take a $25,000 hit after 8 months, 1500 miles later. Ugh......

I ended up dealing with Doug at Switchcars who treated me respectfully and professionally. My next sled will come from Switchcars.

Mike

Old 07-28-2015, 03:23 PM
Mr.Woolery
Burning Brakes

Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

If you can afford to keep the TT, it would probably be wise to do so as its value will continue to skyrocket
Old 07-28-2015, 08:31 PM
doublecabmel
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Will, remember when you called me and told me you WEREN'T selling the car. At any rate, still interested. Any update on the trans?
Old 07-29-2015, 02:40 AM
Will T
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by doublecabmel
Will, remember when you called me and told me you WEREN'T selling the car. At any rate, still interested. Any update on the trans?
The guys at circle Porsche took a really good look at the car. Doug is a real 993 expert and said they need to open it up to see what it needs but most likely doesn't need a $20k rebuild. The engine is leaking some so the gaskets need replacement. I was going to hold on to the car but I just don't have the time to upkeep it and most importantly drive it so its best to let it go. Call or txt me if still interested or it goes to cnc on consignment on Saturday morning. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:35 AM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think one might be living a charmed life if this is the worst treatment one has ever received at a car dealership.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:32 PM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have any dealing with their sales dept.( haven't bought anything new recently...) but I frequently visited their service dept for both my Pcar& Audis(sold them) and have been pleasant experiences. Porsche service advisor, Albert has been a god guy there. Hope your selling TT works out for you. GT4 is hot and heard all sold out. GL.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Lahainabry
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a negative experience with them as well, although a few years ago.
Have you checked into Newport Auto Center?
I have been there a few times, even purchased a car from them.
(Not a Porsche). They really are outstanding in my book.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:13 AM
Will T
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Checked with all the SoCal dealers I can think of and some will only consider me if I'm willing to pay $20k over MSRP for the gt4. By the way I have yet to receive my refund for the deposit on the GT4 from McKenna. We'll see how long it takes them to return my money they say they don't care to keep.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:37 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts
Default My worse car dealership experience- McKenna Porsche

Why not keep the 3TT and put a deposit down for a GT4RS. The 3TT will increase in value during the additional length time and you won't have deal with all this crap.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:09 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,372 Likes on 794 Posts

Trust no one ever. I don't care what dealer you think is honest they are full of **** like the rest.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:16 PM
juvesaurabh
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Will T
Wonder if anyone else here had any experience with McKenna Porsche in Norwalk, CA, positive or negative. I am selling my 97 993 turbo so got a PPI done there. They told me there's oil leak which needs a transmission rebuild at a cost of $26k (crazy?) While I was there I chatted with the sales people and put a deposit down on a GT4 at 10k over MSRP (I just love the car!) They gave me a soft offer on the 993 for $138k. I took the car to circle Porsche and they offered me $145k. The GM at McKenna called me and told me "I'll pay $146k for it and I'll send out the flatbed right now with a check. Circle can't compete with us our pocket is much deeper. Plus you have a gt4 on order with us we want to be YOUR Porsche dealership. You don't want to play this game and ruin this relationship do you?" Figuring I had relatively good experience with them in the past and the gt4 is coming I agreed. I had to say no to circle Porsche who by the way are great people. McKenna was to pick up the car today but called and said no check can be cut until they have the car and title. I was not ready for them to take the car without a check. So the GM called again and said they are paying more for my car already and how come I can't trust a $550 million dealership, at the same time said I can have my deposit for the GT4 back. I had enough at that point I just hung up. The GM came across as a arrogant jerk and had no manners what so ever. I had purchased multiple Porsches and BMWs in the past and had never had such a negative experience ever. Now I need to find another Porsche dealer to get my GT4.
And they are still the worst Porsche dealer in SoCal I have dealt with. The attitude of sales people is ridiculous and very disrespectful. I would pay more $ to a diff dealer than dealing with these rats. I even called Porsche Corporate to make them ‘aware’ of how their brand gets tarnished by these mfs. I doubt Porsche corporate cares though.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:02 PM
DutchNy
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

I only deal with Matt or Billy at Circle Porsche! I wouldnt trust another dealership...

Quick Reply: My worse car dealership experience- McKenna Porsche