Sponsored by: DashLynx

My worse car dealership experience- McKenna Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 01:54 AM
Will T
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My worse car dealership experience- McKenna Porsche

Wonder if anyone else here had any experience with McKenna Porsche in Norwalk, CA, positive or negative. I am selling my 97 993 turbo so got a PPI done there. They told me there's oil leak which needs a transmission rebuild at a cost of $26k (crazy?) While I was there I chatted with the sales people and put a deposit down on a GT4 at 10k over MSRP (I just love the car!) They gave me a soft offer on the 993 for $138k. I took the car to circle Porsche and they offered me $145k. The GM at McKenna called me and told me "I'll pay $146k for it and I'll send out the flatbed right now with a check. Circle can't compete with us our pocket is much deeper. Plus you have a gt4 on order with us we want to be YOUR Porsche dealership. You don't want to play this game and ruin this relationship do you?" Figuring I had relatively good experience with them in the past and the gt4 is coming I agreed. I had to say no to circle Porsche who by the way are great people. McKenna was to pick up the car today but called and said no check can be cut until they have the car and title. I was not ready for them to take the car without a check. So the GM called again and said they are paying more for my car already and how come I can't trust a $550 million dealership, at the same time said I can have my deposit for the GT4 back. I had enough at that point I just hung up. The GM came across as a arrogant jerk and had no manners what so ever. I had purchased multiple Porsches and BMWs in the past and had never had such a negative experience ever. Now I need to find another Porsche dealer to get my GT4.
The following users liked this post:
kertong (10-10-2019)
Old 07-25-2015, 02:06 AM
Leander
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure Circle Porsche can get you one, no?
Old 07-25-2015, 02:11 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Why oh why would you be thinking of trading in your 993TT to a Porsche dealership?!?
DesmoSD (10-10-2019)
Old 07-25-2015, 02:27 AM
Will T
Advanced

Originally Posted by Leander
I'm sure Circle Porsche can get you one, no?
I will check with them soon. Just feel bad turning them down a few days ago. I checked with other local dealerships all their allotments are already spoken for.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:30 AM
Will T
Advanced

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Why oh why would you be thinking of trading in your 993TT to a Porsche dealership?!?
I posted here and had no interest.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...one-stock.html

Also kind of not wanting to deal with the general public when a large sum is involved.
kertong (10-10-2019)
Old 07-25-2015, 02:37 AM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

In my past experiences at various dealership Porsche or not over the years, the GMs are usually straight to the point and many times come across as rude like your story, they don't have to put on a friendly smile like the on floor sales people. They call the shots!

So keep in mind many times your making an offer to the sales guy in a polite manner etc, he goes behind the door and presents to the Manager it's probably far from the same tone, unless your basically handing them asking $.

If you want to pay $10K over MSRP for a GT4, I'm sure someone can make it happen. And yes why trade your 993TT into a dealer in this hot market.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:00 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Go back to Circle. I think they are one of the best dealers in So. Cal..
Old 07-25-2015, 12:00 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

hold on...they want physical possession of your car but don't want to cut you a check? and because you didn't fall off a turnip truck yesterday threw the deposit for the GT4 back in your face?

what an arrogant tool of a sales manager. i say f'em now, and 2x on Sunday. it's better that you find out now that they are unscrupulous and unworthy of your business. you don't want a relationship with them. imagine their attitude should ANY issues arise with the GT4. unbelievable...or i guess not.

Last edited by FLYT993; 07-25-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:34 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When dealerships order GM's they usually insist on "manners" and "IQ" delete.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:43 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by C4SJOHN
Go back to Circle. I think they are one of the best dealers in So. Cal..
...What John said!

Last time in was in Circle, they said GT4's are back ordered with the allocations being offered first, to their Spyder customers and a wait list with deposits after that. Current supply from the factory is at a trickle rate...Keeping prices high!

However, this was a couple of months ago and things do change...

I posted here and had no interest.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...one-stock.html

Also kind of not wanting to deal with the general public when a large sum is involved.
There are auto brokers who, for a comparatively small fee, would be happy to handle the sales of your TT.

Your bank would also be willing to protect your interest.
Old 07-25-2015, 01:06 PM
Gef3rd
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 11 Posts

Will,

I have dealt with McKenna before and had a positive experience. My corporate attorney represents them so my deal was on the owner's radar. They just bought South Bay BMW and I know that purchase has stretched their management team. Send me an email with your contact info and I will forward it directly to the owner.

FWIW I helped a friend sell a TT to another SoCal dealership. They would not cut a check without a title (the car was in their possession).

When I was at McKenna I met the owner's wife. I can tell you both her and Danny care about their dealership and their customers. I'm sure they are not aware of the details of your experience.

Good luck with your purchase of a GT4. The Auto Gallery just received their first car the other day (a 918 owner). My contact there says it looks amazing in person.
sk82 (02-19-2021)
Old 07-25-2015, 03:51 PM
KNS
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

He wants your car and knows he can make a bigger profit on your Turbo than the sale of the GT4.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:48 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

A-Your first mistake was taking an air-cooled car to a dealer for a PPI. That, it seems, swayed your opinion of them.
B-As noted, trading your car in is probably going to leave money on the table.
C-Also as noted, the GT4's are getting a premium right now. Same when they launch new Corvette's, etc, that get rave reviews.

There are so many indies in SoCal that would be better to assess your Turbo. Handle that as a separate sale, and then shop the GT4 amongst the dealers and go with who you are comfortable with.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:22 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts
Default My worse car dealership experience- McKenna Porsche

I think if you lowered your price to the $$ the dealers offered you and you agreed to, your car would most likely sell pretty quickly here.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:50 PM
Will T
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gef3rd
Will,

I have dealt with McKenna before and had a positive experience. My corporate attorney represents them so my deal was on the owner's radar. They just bought South Bay BMW and I know that purchase has stretched their management team. Send me an email with your contact info and I will forward it directly to the owner.
Just emailed you. Thanks.

I'm going to consign the car with CNC motors. I just met with Fraser there and from the way I was treated there I'm sure they have many satisfied customers.

Quick Reply: My worse car dealership experience- McKenna Porsche