Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Installing The Continental TR7412UB-OR Radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 06:31 AM
Carlo Castillo
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read eslier but I want to ask again, is there a product to keep the steering wheel controls thats compatible with the TR7412UB-OR? I looked at pacs and none say continental, but they cant all those radios 1 has to be compatible.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:47 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 238 Posts

The Conti remote control input is a resistor-coded input, not compatible with any steering wheel **** systems I know of.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 05-24-2021, 08:05 PM
jrennlist71
1st Gear

Angry Lost BT Mode on Continental TR7412UB-OR

I got in my car and waited the usual period for the head unit and phone to connect and then pressed the play button on the head unit and nothing. Finally I opened up Spotify on my phone and pressed play and it just started playing from my phone. I then went to head unit and tried to select BT Mode and it was gone and I've tried turning it off and on, repairing (yes oddly it still pairs to the phone), and even turning car off and back on but all to no avail. As you all know the manual isn't very helpful so I haven't even been able to find if there is a way to reset it. Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! The radio is maybe 2 years old and hardly has any use. I don't think it matters but it's installed in a 1994 968 coupe. Thank you!
Old 06-14-2021, 03:12 PM
JohnDoeCRO
1st Gear

I recently got a new material handling machine from manufacturer Atlas on my job and it has originaly installed Continental TR7412UB-OR
Looking at the unit I realized it must be bluetooth enabled, after a short google I found an owner manual and the section where it explains how to connect via BT, I tried it with my Huawei P40 PRO but no success. I find the radio go to pair, get asked the pin which I enter as 1234 and nothing happens, it just keeps saying "pairing" but no luck.
Any ideas as to what could be the issue?
I know my phone isn't the issue as I use BT pretty much all the time...
Old 04-25-2022, 04:16 AM
decgraham
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Could you plese give me some advice?

Originally Posted by jansan946
All,

I'm bring this back to the top because I recently received a note from Tore Bergvill relating that he has now developed patch harnesses that greatly simplify installation of Continental and other radios into 993's which have the M490 HiFi option.

The "B" block patch harness Tore now offers has integrated line-out convertors (LOCs) that directly interface the installed factory harness. My next project will be to replace the patch harness/crossover solution described in my original post with Tore's LOC harness. Then I am going to reinstall the original Nokia power amp under the passenger seat so that I can take advantage of the door speaker sonics that came with the $930, 6-channel, ten speaker, M490 HiFi option. Here's a link to the BergvillFx site http://www.bergvillfx.com/index.php/...-993-m490.html

Thanks Tore!
Hi,

I know this relates to a very old post of yours but I am in the same position as you were regarding fitting a Continental HU. My car, a 1995 993 Cabriolet has the HiFi 490 option with the Nokia amp and Nokia speakers. I have been in touch with Tore and he has recommended the harness https://www.bergvillfx.com/products/...sche-cr-1-cr-2 Could you tell me if this was the harness you fitted back then and all went ok and it was just plug and play?

Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and best regards, David
Old 04-26-2022, 04:04 PM
Chris_yang
Track Day

Hi , there where do you install the dab antenna and external mic in 993 convertible .? Any advice ? Thanks !
Old 05-30-2022, 11:01 PM
ste993
Pro

Originally Posted by decgraham
Hi,

I know this relates to a very old post of yours but I am in the same position as you were regarding fitting a Continental HU. My car, a 1995 993 Cabriolet has the HiFi 490 option with the Nokia amp and Nokia speakers. I have been in touch with Tore and he has recommended the harness https://www.bergvillfx.com/products/...sche-cr-1-cr-2 Could you tell me if this was the harness you fitted back then and all went ok and it was just plug and play?

Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and best regards, David
I just placed an order for this harness to directly connect the Conti through the existing Nokia amp in my ‘95 993. I’ll report back when I’ve completed the installation. Cheers
Old 05-31-2022, 10:41 AM
asj262
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

I used that harness on my 95 with HiFi. Worked flawlessly. Plug and play. Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
ste993 (05-31-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 11:33 AM
LRsCarreraS
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ToreB
Thanks guys.
We are still in business indeed, but have unfortunately been forced to abandon our first web shop vendor. They were not able to deliver what they promised. We are already well into the making of a new solution, and hope to be online soon.
I cannot provide a release date yet though, this depends on several other factors out of our control.
Cheers,
Tore
Hi Tore- Do I want the TRD or TR7 Continental HU? Believe TRD is 41w per channel vs. TR7’s 25w; TRD has display dimming, has DAB (not usable in NA, but a trade off to get the higher power unit, correct?). TR7 seems to be widely available in NA, TRD, not so much…. Can you clarify and recommend one or the other? Leaning towards TRD…I’m a 96 993 with amp under seat, 3 speakers per door and the dual speaker on each side of rear deck. So I’m Hi-Fi option code 490.

Please advise and thanks!
Old 06-30-2022, 12:00 PM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

The TRD7412 is a newer model and had an added DAB digital tuner for use in Europe/NZ/Australia. It also has a dimmable LCD backlight, but is otherwise identical with the TR7412 with respect to other functions and power.
We stock a adapter harness for the option code 490 cars. There are two variants, depending on which head unit the car was delivered with, the normal Becker or the more seldom seen Alpine CR-1/ CR-2.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 07-02-2022, 09:35 PM
LRsCarreraS
Rennlist Member

Thanks Tore - Decided I’m going the TR7 vs. TRD route for Conti HU. My current unit is the Becker CDR-210 and I have M490 option. Read somewhere there are two options you offer: 1. Harness that is plug and play using existing Nokia Amp. 2. Use the internal amp of the Conti HU and you have a harness that essentially goes direct to speakers. Just went in car and all speakers/amp are working. Is there a consensus which way is better in terms of sound quality?

Def want your Porsche stickers, so if you could provide a recommendation and links to your store to match for harness , I’ll jump on and order.

Thx,
LR
Old 07-07-2022, 08:26 PM
LRsCarreraS
Rennlist Member

Hi all- is Tore offline? Been a bit and I PM’d him too…

QUOTE=LRsCarreraS;18228708]Thanks Tore - Decided I’m going the TR7 vs. TRD route for Conti HU. My current unit is the Becker CDR-210 and I have M490 option. Read somewhere there are two options you offer: 1. Harness that is plug and play using existing Nokia Amp. 2. Use the internal amp of the Conti HU and you have a harness that essentially goes direct to speakers. Just went in car
and all speakers/amp are working. Is there a consensus which way is better in terms of sound quality?

Def want your Porsche stickers, so if you could provide a recommendation and links to your store to match for harness , I’ll jump on and order.

Thx,
LR[/QUOTE]
Old 08-17-2022, 12:22 PM
mpwww
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Has anyone been able to actually play MP3 files off a USB flash drive? I've tried everything from a modern drive partitioned down to 8GB to a "vintage" 2GB drive. Might need to downsample the MP3 files but I don't think that should matter. FAT or FAT32 formatted. Folders, no folders. I've tried everything.
Old 08-17-2022, 03:54 PM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

I use the memory stick all the time without problems. 32GB FAT32 and up to about 800 songs, a mix of MP3 and the equvalent Apple file format. I have used several types of memory sticks, all of them with a smallest possible form factor. These memory sticks works fine: https://www.bergvillfx.com/products/usb-32gb
Cheers,
Tore

Old 08-17-2022, 04:19 PM
mpwww
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ToreB
I use the memory stick all the time without problems. 32GB FAT32 and up to about 800 songs, a mix of MP3 and the equvalent Apple file format. I have used several types of memory sticks, all of them with a smallest possible form factor. These memory sticks works fine: https://www.bergvillfx.com/products/usb-32gb
Cheers,
Tore
@ToreB First, I love your site, it has gotten me up and running much faster than I would've imagined. 2 orders in July!

Are you using a Windows PC or Mac? Does your USB have an EFI partition? GUID? I formatted the drive on my PC, but then transferred files via Mac. Tried MP3 at 192k and 128k. I can't imagine it is my USB drive. About to try a 3rd and only using Windows this time.

Quick Reply: Installing The Continental TR7412UB-OR Radio