Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Luftgekuhlt 2016

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 01:53 AM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The event was phenomenal. An absolute kid-in-a-candy store experience. It was great meeting so many air-cooled enthusiasts and hanging out with some long-time friends. I took so many photos I haven't even had time to sift through them all yet but here's some photos of a couple of my favorite cars from the event...

Name:  S2IwxG0h.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  134.9 KB

Name:  N5sAteOh.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  116.4 KB
Old 05-09-2017, 07:03 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mcipseric

Jager, always good to see you. You and your wife looked great, along with speedy! You did a fantastic job with the Speedsters. Patrick was right in choosing you. I know you put a lot of work into making it a success.
Thank you for the shout out and posting pictures of the Speed Yellow 993.

Until Monterey week or sooner!
Eric-- Can't wait 'til Karen & get to hang with you & Jennie - maybe Monterey!

In meantime, another pic of your Porsche:

Glad you liked the special Speedster spotlight, pic below from TheGentlemanRacer.com's "Luftgekühlt 4" article...
starting with world's 1st air-cooled showcase all in same color
representing each air-cooled model born as a Speedster at the factory: 356, G-model, 964, & 993:

^^ Photography by Leonard Mayorquin of CncPics.com; SY 993 by FB's Chris Waizmann
Old 05-09-2017, 08:47 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RJT

Jäger - it was great seeing you Yesterday. Wish I saw Karen too.... You and I usually have a ton of fun when we talk. I want to apologize for being so short and distant yesterday. I had a terrible headache and I knew if I did not get a cup of strong coffee in the next 5 minutes we'd be leaving for me to get back to Mom and Dads and lay down. The coffee did the trick and we looked for you again, but you were not around. I promise next time will be like old times.
All good Jo - just thrilled to see you, & can't wait for next time!
Originally Posted by FrenchToast

For a second I thought you tossed the Speedlines and rewound a decade..
Originally Posted by Road and Track

No sir ^^ Speedy's Speedlines are complete with magnesium Motorsports centers & Ralph Boothe crests

...as photographed by Brett Sloan for flatSixes.com's "100+ Photos from Luftgekühlt 4" feature. Their 2 pics with noticeable 993s:

Not many 993s in that gallery, so enjoy the '89 that completed Luft's Speedster spotlight:

Owner's son (driving ^^) wanted to bring the Speedster. Dad wanted to bring the Mexico Blue '74 (driving behind him).
Luft organizers were awesome, giving me passes to get his dad's into the showcase area, plus this '84 Ruf RSR that drove from Chicago. Now that's a road trip: 750 whp

Perspective pics, just glimpses of Luft4's enormity:

Old 05-09-2017, 11:46 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 125 Posts

Great event! Wish they had something like this on the east coast.

Anyone have details on Dempsey's 82 SC? Great colors and nice looking build. Would love to find out more.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:17 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by GBX

Anyone have details on Dempsey's 82 SC? Great colors and nice looking build.
He made a FB post about it, but no details

By Brett Sloan:

By IG's pursang356 ^^

Originally Posted by curve lover

Luftgekühlt was interested in me curating 4 generations of air-cooled Speedsters.
Originally Posted by FrenchToast

Awaiting pictures..
As requested, by Drew Phillips:

Old 05-11-2017, 08:57 PM
TONY AIR C2S
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for all the great pictures guys. I was bummed to find out that it was on the same weekend that I had to be out of town to attend my daughters college graduation and my nieces wedding. I won't miss next year.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:10 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
too much for a few hours I will say .. next year brother 👍🏼
I agree. The show could've gone till 5pm and that would still be cutting it short.
Catching up with friends and looking at so many amazing cars takes time. Felt
a bit rushed honestly.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:11 PM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911F1
I agree. The show could've gone till 5pm and that would still be cutting it short.
Catching up with friends and looking at so many amazing cars takes time. Felt
a bit rushed honestly.
The event started at 7am and went officially until 2pm. We got there right as it started and 7 hours seemed to be enough time to take it all in.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:22 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by logan2z
The event started at 7am and went officially until 2pm. We got there right as it started and 7 hours seemed to be enough time to take it all in.
you walk pretty fast 😂😂 I got there at 7am and left at 2:30 and still didn't get to see everyone and everything 👍🏼
Old 05-13-2017, 05:07 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
you walk pretty fast 😂😂 I got there at 7am and left at 2:30 and still didn't get to see everyone and everything 👍🏼
Us too. We did not see everything, but then Robert has to walk slow. I think if we had two more hours we could have maybe seen everything. We started with the warehouse. We should have started in the parking lots first and worked our way to the warehouses. By the time we got the the parking lots, Many people were gone already.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:49 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Opo

Air-cooled parking ? ������
i didn't know they had special air-cooked parking .. I just registered my car and purchase my tickets ��
Rudy, don't know if you if you saw the details in my reply or if it helped; just glad you got in
Originally Posted by Petrolicious' Alex Sobran

pays to pay attention to the details
Petrolicious saw the details of 'Speedy' & others...

993s from their "Zooming In On Luftgekühlt" photo feature:

Photography by Drew Phillips ^^
Old 05-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Rudy, don't know if you if you saw the details in my reply or if it helped; just glad you got in
Yes sir I did get your reply ... it helped and I was able to get everything sorted out 👍🏼
Passed you a couple of times at the show but being the big super star that you are 😎 you were always busy and didn't want to Interupped 👌🏼 Catch you next time in Vegas or somewhere .. take care buddy 👊🏼
Old 05-15-2017, 08:32 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Opo

Yes it helped get everything sorted out ����
Passed you a couple of times but being the big super star that you are �� you were always busy and didn't want to Interupped ���� Catch you next time .. take care buddy ����
Hah - happy to help, Mr. 993!

Similar near miss:
2nd time RJT & I caught up, she mentioned seeing you in the distance behind me - I turned around but you were texting; didn't want to interrupt. Next glance over my shoulder & you'd moved on.
Great driving & meeting in WA at 2014's 993Fest, looking forward to our roads crossing again

BTW, your blue was beautiful & I always LUV your wheels. Think you told me a while back they're Kinesis? ...AKA, perfection
Originally Posted by Opo

See you Sunday ����
Old 05-15-2017, 09:11 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Hah - happy to help, Mr. 993!

Similar near miss:
2nd time RJT & I caught up, she mentioned seeing you in the distance behind me - I turned around but you were texting; didn't want to interrupt. Next glance over my shoulder & you'd moved on.
Great driving & meeting in WA at 2014's 993Fest, looking forward to our roads crossing again

BTW, your blue was beautiful & I always LUV your wheels. Think you told me a while back they're Kinesis? ...AKA, perfection
thank you ... yes Kenesis Super Cups with center painted in steel grey .. 👍🏼
Old 05-15-2017, 09:37 PM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RJT
We started with the warehouse. We should have started in the parking lots first and worked our way to the warehouses. By the time we got the the parking lots, Many people were gone already.
Yeah, we started with the parking lot since we parked our cars in the reserved air cooled parking area. There was so much to see there we almost forgot to go to the warehouse

Quick Reply: Luftgekuhlt 2016