Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My internet order 993 bride... honeymoon trip

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 11:24 AM
bcameron59
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

A scenic alternative would be west on highway 8, down past Bragg Creek on 22, then south on 762 and east on 549 to join up with 22 again into Turner Valley, Black Diamond, then Longview.

That stretch from Bragg Creek to Turner Valley is one of my favourites, lots of nice curves and little traffic. A bit out of the way but well worth it.
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2016, 01:05 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
That would be cool. I think we're meeting 9-10ish Sat am for my official 'meet the bride' debrief, look under the hood, fire her up session. Join us for the ride south?

Latest route - check this out: https://goo.gl/maps/Mj3znDzm2Lk
As long as the weather holds I will be there to see you off..... My car has open air filters that are not rain friendly

As for your route, you may need to redo the map as you have it set for "Cycle" rather than car, it will be challenging to drive the route in the link.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:43 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Water Hound
Zeus, See you for lunch in Nelson on Sunday.

Anyone else want to tag along for a crazy day of driving? Leaving White Rock at 5am, Nelson at noon for lunch, Vernon by dinner time, back home Sunday night.
I wouldn't mind a crazy day of driving, since I'm free on Sunday. Mind if I tag along in my Macan, since my 993 has no steering wheel? I'll likely take the Hope Princeton to Nelson via Osoyoos and Hwy 3. Starting from Blaine, it is quickest for me to head east and hit Hwy1 at Sumas/Abbotsford. If Hwy 3 isn't your intended route to Nelson, I could just meet you guys there and convoy back on the route Zeus has chosen. How many others do you expect? You can PM me with details/info/phone number.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Ocean Blue C2S
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Bride has escaped…

Hey Listers,

Tomorrow will be a very sad day for me, as my most beautiful Porsche 993 C2S is leaving me!

It was sad to see my 1958 Porsche 356 Cab leave my house on a rainy day in 2008, and tomorrow it looks about the same…

The rain is like my virtual tears falling from the sky!

I will pick up Joel from the airport this evening and take him tomorrow morning to meet his new bride,

My wife, Evelyn and I wish him a safe and wonderful journey to the Vancouver area!!!

Happy trial, Joel,

Bert Leemburg
Old 05-20-2016, 06:24 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Bert: Just try to be happy about the fact that your gem was purchased by a true enthusiast who will respect it. I was sorry to see my last 997 go, as I loved that car. But lucky for me, the first buyer turned around and sold it, a month after buying it, to a perfect owner who only lives 25 minutes from me. He loves it like I did, and lucky for me, I get to see it periodically. I'm sure Joel will be willing to send you photos periodically to show that the car is in good company. Had I not bought my C4S just before you listed yours, I would have been very tempted to buy yours given that it is my favorite model and color combo. If I rendezvous with Joel on his trip back on Sunday, I'll try to get some photos on the road.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:41 PM
Seamless
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Much more interesting drive than I had when i picked up my 993 from Calgary. For those who haven't driven through Saskatchewan and Manitoba....it is agonizing. The red line below is the actual highway route

Old 05-20-2016, 06:47 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Originally Posted by Seamless
Much more interesting drive than I had when i picked up my 993 from Calgary. For those who haven't driven through Saskatchewan and Manitoba....it is agonizing. The red line below is the actual highway route

LOL, I know what you mean. I've done that drive a few times but many years ago. I know it seems pretty flat and straight, as shown by your line, but I think you may have missed at least a couple of curves that allow the Trans Canada Hwy to go through Swift Current and Regina.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:09 PM
bcameron59
Rennlist Member

And a lot shorter drive than when I collected my mistress 11 years ago. Plus, no borders, import and export permit and registrations, lien checks, duties and taxes, federal inspection.. you kids have it so easy these days.
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2016, 08:19 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,243 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by Ocean Blue C2S
Hey Listers,

Tomorrow will be a very sad day for me, as my most beautiful Porsche 993 C2S is leaving me!

It was sad to see my 1958 Porsche 356 Cab leave my house on a rainy day in 2008, and tomorrow it looks about the same…

The rain is like my virtual tears falling from the sky!

I will pick up Joel from the airport this evening and take him tomorrow morning to meet his new bride,

My wife, Evelyn and I wish him a safe and wonderful journey to the Vancouver area!!!

Happy trial, Joel,

Bert Leemburg
Thanks so much Bert. From the start It's been such a pleasure working with you and Evelyn. I feel like were family! And yes - I feel your pain. Just know she's going to a good home and I'll shoulder your legacy of care as best I can. See you tonight!

Joel
Old 05-20-2016, 08:23 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bcameron59
And a lot shorter drive than when I collected my mistress 11 years ago. Plus, no borders, import and export permit and registrations, lien checks, duties and taxes, federal inspection.. you kids have it so easy these days.
Ha! Nice trip Brian. Thats more like a 'journey'! Awesome.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:25 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by keninirvine
I wouldn't mind a crazy day of driving, since I'm free on Sunday. Mind if I tag along in my Macan, since my 993 has no steering wheel? I'll likely take the Hope Princeton to Nelson via Osoyoos and Hwy 3. Starting from Blaine, it is quickest for me to head east and hit Hwy1 at Sumas/Abbotsford. If Hwy 3 isn't your intended route to Nelson, I could just meet you guys there and convoy back on the route Zeus has chosen. How many others do you expect? You can PM me with details/info/phone number.
Yes Ken! Meet Jeff and i for lunch in Nelson at noon. From there we'll head up to Vernon, possibly for the night. Anybody else?
Old 05-20-2016, 08:36 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Yes Ken! Meet Jeff and i for lunch in Nelson at noon. From there we'll head up to Vernon, possibly for the night. Anybody else?
Great, let me know where you're meeting for lunch. Overnighting in Vernon may be a good idea. But Monday will be the busy end of a Canadian long weekend. Feel free to email or text me any details, as you should have my number.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:10 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Drive safe gents! Unfortunately busy with the little guy this long weekend.

Joel look fwd to seeing this beauty.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:14 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joel:

You've got the whole place stoked up!

Brian's alternate route to Longview through Bragg Creek is a great idea, but you'll want a detailed map, as Mr. Garmin probably won't like it.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:47 PM
bcameron59
Rennlist Member

Default Calgary Rennlisters - Saturday Morning Nuptials

If any Rennlisters care to see Ocean Blue's departure (and run Joel out of town, Calgary redneck style), show up at my place around 9 - 9:30 am Saturday:

23 Discovery Ridge Cove SW:
- Head west on Glenmore,
- turn left at 69 St traffic light
- 2nd exit from traffic circle (down into the valley)
- 2nd left at bottom of the hill
- 5th house on the right
It's the house with gallows, I mean arbour, over the sidewalk.
See map below for coordinates.

Might even be able to rustle up some coffee for those who decide to brave the rain and snow...
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: My internet order 993 bride... honeymoon trip