Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

95 993 running hot

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 06:50 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Fast Freddie, trying to diagnose your issues based upon the information you are providing us close to impossible.

Open your deck lid and attempt to locate where on the engine your whine originates. What do you mean about intermittent lights indicating a problem with the belt? You have got to be more definitive or you are wasting time on this thread.

And, in stop and go traffic in hot weather I have never seen any 911 including the 993 that won't see oil temps that don't reach the 9 to 9:30 position on the oil temp gauge. This is normal operation for a 911.

If you can't do any of this, then my suggestion is to take the car to a qualified technician.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:48 PM
Hilltopper
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by earossi
Fast Freddie, trying to diagnose your issues based upon the information you are providing us close to impossible.

Open your deck lid and attempt to locate where on the engine your whine originates. What do you mean about intermittent lights indicating a problem with the belt? You have got to be more definitive or you are wasting time on this thread.

And, in stop and go traffic in hot weather I have never seen any 911 including the 993 that won't see oil temps that don't reach the 9 to 9:30 position on the oil temp gauge. This is normal operation for a 911.

If you can't do any of this, then my suggestion is to take the car to a qualified technician.
I am nearby in Vermont and agree as we have several of the recognized and best technicians who you must know in your "back yard". Whats the problem??
Old 01-31-2024, 01:43 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by fast_freddy
A few new wrinkles...

I've developed a whine from the engine bay. Clutch in, nothing. In first and second gear or idling in neutral, I get the whine. Also, I'm getting highly intermittent warning lights for the belt.

Could the whine be the bearing in the cooling fan which of course puts extra drag on the engine which makes it run a bit hotter?
you asked all these questions, got so many people to reply trying to help solve your issue, then you never update to help the community later on when people search as to what the issue or resolution were...lol, what a waste of a thread.

Last edited by Tarek307; 01-31-2024 at 01:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
alsamrob4 (01-31-2024)

Quick Reply: 95 993 running hot