Sponsored by:

Weissach modified 993TT for sale -

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 04:22 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weissach modified 993TT for sale -

So I am mulling this over again as I cannot justify having this car and barely driving it (see this thread for details of the car: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=zcat3 ). Like a dumbass (can I write that) I just sunk $7K into maintenance on this car to get it ready for sale. How can one sink 7 large into maintenance you may ask? Well it does take some skill, I must admit.

Here is what I did - I needed to change the cats back to stock in order to get the car to pass smog, so I asked Bob Brooks to help me with that. At the same time, I decided the car should have new shocks as the old ones were starting to feel a bit tired - so I ordered new Bilstein HDs. While doing this, may as well change the oil and filters. Well, when we pulled the cat pipes we saw a little wear on the turbos (modified K-24s) and so I decided that I could not in good conscience sell the car knowing the turbos were starting to wear. So off to Kevin they went for refurbishment. Continuing on the path of stupidity, I decided, well, while they are there I should have them made better - so I ordered zero clearance, stage 2 spec to the tune of over 3 large. After all was back together, I took the car in for alignment and the front camber was not setting where we wanted it, so I ordered a set of TRG camber plates to address this. Finally it appears that the ROW M030 springs that were in the car are not lining up correctly with the new shocks, so a new set of Eibach or H&R progressive springs is about to be installed.

So now I should have what was already an awesome car even more awesome. The car now has just over 40K on it and should be good for a long time. I had a hard offer for the mid 70s before I went down this path of idiocy, so if there is anyone that wants to catch me in a moment of weakness and offer in the 80K range then please do so. This car has well over 30K in very tasteful and well thought out mods to it and is in pristine condition. My other option is to keep it a bit longer and enjoy all the work that just went in - but I so rarely drive this car.

Thanks for listening. My name is Bill and I have a problem.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Bill (NC)
Racer

Bill, sounds like you should put off the sale ...just to "test" all the upgrades for a while. Seems only fair that all should be perfect for the new owner. (whenever that is, lol)

My name is Bill and I have the same problem, heh heh.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:56 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Bill how are you. Sorry to see you parting with her. I would buy her in a heartbeat if I did not have pretty much the exact same car!
Now how are those ZC K-24s compared to your regular K-24s? I am still debating which set of turbos to send to Kevin, my K-24s or my K-16s. I know that Bob went K-24 as well, but Kevin recommends k-16
Old 08-02-2004, 05:02 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Bill - the problem is worse than I care to admit. I also have a modified 930 and a 71T track car. The track car stays for sure, so I asked my wife to pick which of the other 2 should be sold. She picked the 993 as she thinks it is too cushy - it is very different than the 930 for sure.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:08 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ScottMellor
Bill how are you. Sorry to see you parting with her. I would buy her in a heartbeat if I did not have pretty much the exact same car!
Now how are those ZC K-24s compared to your regular K-24s? I am still debating which set of turbos to send to Kevin, my K-24s or my K-16s. I know that Bob went K-24 as well, but Kevin recommends k-16
Hi Scott - I have not had a chance to really test them out yet. My initial reaction was that they did not feel that much different than before. Keep in mind that I had some pretty special K-24s set up by Weissach to begin with. People always talk about lag with K-24s, but whatever Weissach used had zero lag - they felt just like K-16s at the bottom with much more top end. I suspect Kevin's version will pull harder at the top, but it will be hard to test that on the street.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:51 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

I wish I had your problem! Lovely car - too rich for me, though.

Best of luck with the sale - or the keep, whichever it turns out to be!
Old 08-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Seljan
Pro

My advice Bill,is keep the car...and never,ever buy a Ferrari!
Old 08-03-2004, 12:35 AM
LeeR
Racer

Bill, I wondered what happened to you, as I haven't seen you here for a while. Sounds like you have a lot of used parts off the car that you can add to that exhaust valve of mine that you have. What ever happened to that trip across country in the 930 that you were planning? Regards to you and Michele. -Lee.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:43 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Bill's car was awesome before this most recent round of work. It is in pristine shape and well cared for. It is even faster now with all new just about everything. If anyone is interested in a TT, you would be wise to take a look at this car.....
Old 08-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck on selling it Bill. We can start a support group for ex TT owners..

FWIW, I've driven Bills car before his latest round of mods. It drove very well, with much improved power and throttle response over my car. It took TT driving to another level, imho.

Whoever gets this car will be very happy.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 88 Posts

It is nice to hear about someone who really cares about the vehicle he/she is selling. I know of and hear about too many people who know about problems but sell without any disclosure. My hat's off to you and best of luck selling your vehicle.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:11 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the encouragement guys - please do pass this on to anyone you know looking for a 993TT. I know many people only look at stock cars to start, but just about everyone I know (at least that visits these forums) ends up adding a little here or there to enhance the turbo experience. This car is very well sorted and the package Weissach put together is very nicely done.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:20 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff 993TT
Good luck on selling it Bill. We can start a support group for ex TT owners..

FWIW, I've driven Bills car before his latest round of mods. It drove very well, with much improved power and throttle response over my car. It took TT driving to another level, imho.

Whoever gets this car will be very happy.
Jeff, should I buy his then, and sell mine (your ex)?
Old 08-03-2004, 10:54 PM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

The intercooler on your car is beautiful, man!
Old 08-04-2004, 01:23 AM
nman413
Drifting

Joe, you could just buy two!!!

Both Jeff and Bill's cars are great cars. I'm still working on getting my car there.

Quick Reply: Weissach modified 993TT for sale -