JJayB's Court date...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 03:09 AM
jtpsocal
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JJayB's Court date...

JJayB,

How'd that trial work out ? Were all curious......
Old 07-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

do we have to bake a cake with a file in it?
Old 07-20-2006, 10:25 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Perhaps they aren't allowing him E-mail priviledges in the joint.....
Old 08-04-2006, 03:19 AM
jtpsocal
Instructor

i saw he posted today...maybe he smuggled a internet ready cell phone in....
Old 08-05-2006, 07:06 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Greetings to the board from somewhere in the Baltic. For those who may not be familiar with Kalifornea (long "a" like porschaa) law, a defendant (Jimmy) need not be present at trial for an infraction if their being represented by an attorney.

For those who may not remember Jimmy was cited for 119 in a 60 while not driving a porsche. A capital offense in Newport Beach. Jimmies lawyer was unsure whether he would get OJ's judge or Scott Peterson's, so Jimmy fled the country as a fugitive. His prized car "Blackie" was hidden under the protection of the rangers.

Trial was held in the Newport Beach courthouse. Unconfirmed witnesses, saw a makeshift gallows being errected at the direction of the district atty prior to the trial. ABC had their news helicopter poised for a high def report.

Jmmies lead lawyer Sherman Ellison, an expert in evidence, filed massive discovery motions against the city, and the police. Charactor witness were called, Jimmies grade school teacher sister Rita Ann said he was the most law abiding students she ever had..errr in first grade.

The court ruled that the officer was incompentet to testify as to the lidar gun. However, based upon his visual observation, the court was going to allow his speed estimate in !!!! The court has found Jimmy GUILTY and his fine..............$100.00 US.

As a legal matter, evidence must have probative value, there is nothing in the officers testimony that can confirm he could tell Jimmy was exceeding 100 mph. Since the primary source of his estimate was evidence that was excluded this was error on the part of the court. We have filed an appeal on the verdict, Jimmy is now free on bail and will soon be back in the country to defend himself to the fullest extent of the law.

Jimmy the fugitive
Old 08-05-2006, 10:03 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,487 Likes on 2,271 Posts

jay, it's good to know that sherman is representing you as well. i know him only too well last year, LOL. may have bought a cup car or two if i didn't have to retain mr. ellison ;-)
Old 08-06-2006, 12:10 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,487 Likes on 2,271 Posts

jay, sherman will be asking you about the name "jimmy the fugitive". LOL.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:00 AM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mooty
jay, sherman will be asking you about the name "jimmy the fugitive". LOL.
Sherman cashed my checked and didn't asked if it was from laundered money.

Jimmy
Old 08-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Woodster
Drifting

So no Cup Car Rides for LA inter-city kids????

mk
Old 08-09-2006, 10:11 AM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 203 Posts

Wasn't Charlie Sheen available as a character witness? ("Your honor, he was never at any of the drunken orgies I attended, and, Your Honor, you know very well - wink wink - that I am at all of the good ones")
Old 08-09-2006, 10:46 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Woodster
So no Cup Car Rides for LA inter-city kids????

mk
City required that we get permission slips from BOTH parents and ACLU wanted free lunches for everyone. The deal breaker was John Gordon couldn't get the right offset for the 22" DUBS to clear the calipers also no cup holder in a cup car.

Jimmy the fugitive
Old 08-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Woodster
Drifting

22" Dubs and cup holder for pimp cup!!! LMFAO !!

MK
Old 08-10-2006, 10:47 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JJayB
City required that we get permission slips from BOTH parents and ACLU wanted free lunches for everyone. The deal breaker was John Gordon couldn't get the right offset for the 22" DUBS to clear the calipers also no cup holder in a cup car.
Jimmy the fugitive
How the hell does a conservative looking, 50ish, senior litigator from behind the orange curtain know what the hell 22" DUBS are? Are you using a dish to watch "Pimp My Ride" because I can't image they host it on cable down there? And who said money can't by justice (or love in OC)?....
Old 08-11-2006, 12:36 AM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by porschedog
Wasn't Charlie Sheen available as a character witness? ("Your honor, he was never at any of the drunken orgies I attended, and, Your Honor, you know very well - wink wink - that I am at all of the good ones")
Charlie was in family court that day, so he sent Asia Carrera (keeping on topic) and Jenna Jameson to sit on my.... side of the courtroom.

JRGordon,
I sent a picture of your whip to 'Pimp my Ride' expect a call from Xibit any day, I can't wait to see your face when he knocks on your door. Oh, I told them you were an orphan raised by wolves, going to school at night to learn race car driving.

Back on topic, there will be hearing on Tuesday 8/15/06. We will be making a motion for a new trial. We believe at that time the real guilty party, a Rennlister who was driving a red 993tt with upgraded ecu and trubos will come forward and admit that Jimmy is totally innocent.

Jimmy the fugitive
Old 09-29-2006, 10:05 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Today was the day Jimmy's appeal for a new trial or dismissal. Will it be the gallows or freedom? Led by Sherman Ellison ace trial attorney, massive amount of trees were killed in compyling the legal briefs necessary to prove the court had committed reversable error. (that means got it wrong)

For those who cannot recall the case because of eating too much spinach, Jimmy was cited for exceeding 119 mph in New Porsche Beach will not driving his favorite porshe, Blackie. Fellow Rennlister's were at the scene but because of their status in the witness protection program could not give their name, least they be identified and charged as co-conspiritors so they fled like a pack of 6 speed on liners with 700 hp. The court in the first trial found Jimmy guilty. The trial court allowed incompetent evidence of the Lidar gun to be admitted. Everyone knows Lidar guns are cool toys used by the cops to hide behind trees and get you for speeding. What everyone doesn't know is the cops are real bad at keeping records as to calibration on their lidar guns. The city didn't produce and comply with our origional discovery request. Sooo that's a big deal.

See, when the cops claim your breaking the law, they have to follow the rules in proving you did break the law. The law applies to them too. Guess what. They didn't follow the rules. Thats why we had to go to all this time and expense because this was A TWO POINT TICKET! If you own some sporting cars, your insurance company, who has no sense of humor, will charge you about three times what your paying for about the rest of your lifetime for going over a hun. Your much better off breaking the immigration laws or killing someone cause your insurance company will never charge you more. The alternative is to cop out, pay the fine and drive an environmentally safe slow car the rest of your natural life.

It turns our that the judge who was assigned to hear the case was not in today. So, we get the judge who made the wrong call on the evidence in the fiirst place, to hear our appeal. I tell Sherm (if your check clears you can call him Sherm) "were screwed" this guy is not going to reverse himself. So I say, lets play tough. "Judge, you know, I see your point, but were ready to file an appeal if this isn't fixed." Note: Judges hate to have cases appealed knowing they got it wrong.
IT WORKED. If Jimmy goes to traffic school, I'll dismiss the case. Oh, and pay $300. Ok. Done.

JJayB formerly Jimmy the fugitive.

Meanwhile, the assigned judge chose not to take the bench due to the channel 4 news crew awaiting the outcome.

Quick Reply: JJayB's Court date...