Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 11:55 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 993TT S THE "S" for sale 630 miles

I have a buddy with a pristine 993 TT S
Artic silver and loaded as most S's are.
This is maybe one of less than 5 chances in the world to own the famous S version of the 993TT. Maybe the ONLY chance for an S. Once in a lifetime for one of the best 911s and indeed one of the best sports cars ever created in AS NEW Condition. You can see dealers advertising As new or finest available yada yada yada . But this one is the One. Its true and its available. Its perfect and in a Classic no worry exterior and interior color.
Artic Silver over black.
This can't be overstated but if you're looking for the "ONE" this is it.
PM me or email me. Email at the bottom.
Just a caveat though. Since this is one of the finest available historic Porsches on the planet, Great deals probably aren't gonna happen. It will be a Fair square deal. A fair deal on both sides. And a historic acquisition on the buyers part!

Regards
Old 05-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 372 Posts

I believe if you are posting an item for sale (even if it is not your own) that you must include a price...
Old 05-09-2008, 12:26 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Dan I dont think thats true #1 and #2 given the historical value of this car seeing as its "New" it would be difficult to state a cut and dry price. Its going to be a negotiation between the very serious buyer and the seller.
The Person who buys this car is not going to worry about the price and for him not really the most important part of the deal. The seller told me about his intent to sell it and I asked if it was OK to give
my Rennlist friends an early crack at this car.

I have been a member for along time and I have seen many other items for sale where the seller doesnt have a good idea in value of what he is selling.

For what its worth I dont know the price either. I am only posting it in this forum because the people here know what a 993TT S is and understand its value.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:01 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,495 Likes on 2,275 Posts

iconic modern porsche indeed.
someone buy it and add some miles to it.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:33 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice to give a heads up Paul! Anyone into collecting cars, this would be an opportunity
Old 05-09-2008, 05:41 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

I feel compelled to share my opinion on this since I was around and inthe market mid/late 90s when the "S" was brought out....

The 965 turbo S was the last REAL "S" turbo model, it was fully lightened (like the 964RS) and had a decent power upgrade from 330hp to 381hp with a nicely reworked engine including cams, turbo, clutch, flywheel, injection valves, single fan motor. They got the weight down by 180kg to 1290kg (and that was a real weight unlike the stupid quoted weights Porsche give now days for the likes of the 997GT3 !)
The suspension was mostly 964RS.....

The 965 Turbo S was the last real "Turbo S" from Porsche......

Porsche developed varioius bits for the 993 turbo, the aero kit, a comprehensive sport suspension kit (which could be factory fitted or retro fitted -parts cost ~$16K) various bits from the Techart catalogue including front brake cooling air scoops into the front bumper and the scoops into the rear arches (which had zero function other than looks)...

For me this era marked the begining of the modern Porsche cynical marketing machine (which continues famously today) - They decided to have an "S" model 993tt and basically stuck ALL the extras they had developed over the last couple of years onto the car, covered everything in leather and painted the stock brake calipers yellow (you didn't even get the better RS calipers !!)

In the UK they also ramped the price up to make them a nice profit on the "bolt on" S..... At the time a friend of mine who usually had all the latest metal could not bring himself to pay the massive premium and specced a turbo with all the weissach bits and got him self a factory built "S" spec car without the "S" badge for $40K less....

To really insult its customers Porsche then took out the 450hp engine bits and the expensive sports suspension and gave the US market the 993 turbo S "lite" whose difference to the stock car was limited to ECU, oil cooler and twin exhaust tips, the areokit, caliper colour, shiny stock wheels, Techart bits, and lots of leather - the damn thing was so loaded that it actually was heavier than the stock turbo

To me a 965 "S" would be a special and valuable car, but the 993 tt S marks an unpleasant turning point in Porsche's marketing strategies

BTW good luck for your friends sale, sounds like a great "as new" car
Old 05-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Turbo993
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TB993tt,

very true indeed. Especially the US version was pure marketing from Porsche - but as you can see in the current price structure, marketing really pays off...

More to that, I prefer the looks of the normal tt over the tts, especially the interior works better in leather than carbon.

Best!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Al Pettee
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
I feel compelled to share my opinion on this since I was around and inthe market mid/late 90s when the "S" was brought out....

The 965 turbo S was the last REAL "S" turbo model, it was fully lightened (like the 964RS) and had a decent power upgrade from 330hp to 381hp with a nicely reworked engine including cams, turbo, clutch, flywheel, injection valves, single fan motor. They got the weight down by 180kg to 1290kg (and that was a real weight unlike the stupid quoted weights Porsche give now days for the likes of the 997GT3 !)

Porsche developed varioius bits for the 993 turbo, the aero kit, a comprehensive sport suspension kit (which could be factory fitted or retro fitted -parts cost ~$16K) various bits from the Techart catalogue including front brake cooling air scoops into the front bumper and the scoops into the rear arches (which had zero function other than looks)...

For me this era marked the begining of the modern Porsche cynical marketing machine (which continues famously today) - They decided to have an "S" model 993tt and basically stuck ALL the extras they had developed over the last couple of years onto the car, covered everything in leather and painted the stock brake calipers yellow (you didn't even get the better RS calipers !!)

In the UK they also ramped the price up to make them a nice profit on the "bolt on" S..... At the time a friend of mine who usually had all the latest metal could not bring himself to pay the massive premium and specced a turbo with all the weissach bits and got him self a factory built "S" spec car without the "S" badge for $40K less....

To really insult its customers Porsche then took out the 450hp engine bits and the expensive sports suspension and gave the US market the 993 turbo S "lite" whose difference to the stock car was limited to ECU, oil cooler and twin exhaust tips, the areokit, caliper colour, shiny stock wheels, Techart bits, and lots of leather - the damn thing was so loaded that it actually was heavier than the stock turbo

To me a 965 "S" would be a special and valuable car, but the 993 tt S marks an unpleasant turning point in Porsche's marketing strategies

Good post. The 911 Turbo became Wiedekingized and putting on the rear arch scoops that fed air into the...rear arch scoops (not even to the rear brakes) was a violation of the form-following-function dictum....
Old 05-09-2008, 10:37 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a car here in LA that a guy got out of Fla....thought sloan was buying that. Can't be too many silver S w/under 1,000 miles. Is that T's car?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:40 AM
One of Twenty
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kudos to you TB993TT..........I'm on the other side of the original Turbo S equation myself with my Turbo S2. Here in the states we just got the Andial engine enhancements and no weight reduction as in the 80 965 Turbo S models sold ROW. The Andial kit included more aggressive cams, a larger K27 turbocharger as well as a modified intercooler. After the enhancements, the engine was redesignated the M30/69S and produced approximately 381 bhp/354 lb-ft of torque. As you have duly noted, the 80 Turbo S (ROW) models benefitted from significant weight reductions in addition to other drive train, chassis, suspension, fuel injection and brake modifications.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:43 AM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

isn't this 993flatnose's car from bergen county in new jersey? i believe he is asking over 200k for it great for the cfollector
Old 05-09-2008, 11:47 AM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-09-2008, 11:57 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Its Not SLoans and it is out of the flatnose collection.

I dont mind people posting opinions but political posts about how one car is not what the other
car is, is another topic. Really shouldnt be posted ON the post about a certain car. To demean the car
that some feel IS a great car is just not the best of form. It IS a topic for discussion just not on this thread.
Some people here adore the 993TT S, and if you like a 964 better then it should be posted there.
This the last I am going to say on it. I offered to share this bit of news with you guys
because I though someone here might like to own it. I did it as heads up to my 993TT friends not to start a debate. thats for another time.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:10 PM
gary11
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by TB993tt

Ive had most model s of 993 ,RS is for a different role and is hard to call it a Better car,mine is 430bhp and has vents in quarters and S front spoilers,yellow belts ,calipers are huge from Std IIRC are rs big reds? Not painted stock 993 ones the front 993 discs are smaller than mine and at a guess I woud say are the same as my rears.
Turbo s is a great car would agree with the interior being OTT but I love my air vents,and I belive they aid cooling paricularly after a fast run the heat pours out of them you can see the haze in the mirror sometimes.I just love the wide body styling rs it isnt but always wanted one.
Just to add cant be that bad had a good toe to toe with an R8 yesterday and won how bads that 12yr old technology against the benchmark car of today he wasnt happy I was!

IMO the 996 turbo was where the rot set in ,had one of those too didnt keep it two weeks>

Last edited by gary11; 05-09-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: addition
Old 05-09-2008, 12:19 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Whilst I love the 965 ( My last dd was a 460hp 965 with Ruf Nurburgring suspension) I wasn't attempting to say the 965 S was better than any 993, I was merely venting about the course which Porsche took and the 993tt was the first one to just get loads of (already available) "bolt ons" and then given it's own model designation with the US version missing out of the best "bolt ons", the 450PS kit and the expensive weissach developed suspension kit which was a hybrid of 993 RS and GT2 parts.

Obviously Porsche trumped the 965 turbo S in a big way with the 993 GT2 which was a worthy successor as we all know !

If demeaning the car is discussing Porsches developement and giving accurate information about a model and its "provenance" then I apologise if it upsets you but it is purely my opinion that the 993tt S particularly in US "lite" spec is unworthy of the prices being asked - but people will and are making their own minds up

PS Scott stop eating that bloody corn and get off the fence

Quick Reply: 993TT S THE "S" for sale 630 miles