Sponsored by:

More on the FVD Short Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:13 PM
shawsan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More on the FVD Short Shifter

Awhile back, I posted "Short Shift Negative Experience" describing my ordeal with the FVD short shifter for the 993. FVD makes it explict on their website that thier SS is not for the turbo, though FVD does have a qualifying footnote saying "transmission tunnel must be dimpled". And, as some other Rennlisters have conveyed, they did indeed install the FVD SS in their 993TT.

In a nutshell, my experience was desribed as completely negative and I was intent on returning it to stock. Yet, I'd spent money, Weissach did their best to satisfy my demands, and I did appreciate the shorter throw of about 20-25% after buzzing around a bit. So, what I'm attaching now is 2 photos showing that the base of the SS with a rubber boot covering it, extends about 1 full inch below the trans tunnel (with hole cut out, not dimpled). And the third photo shows a revised box that covers the SS with the gradually inclined surface facing front (of course). The revised box now clears speed bumps which seem to pop up where no one would expect them. And so life goes on. Not as negative as before, but not very inspiring either.
Attached Images    
Old 05-07-2009, 02:15 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the DIY detail. Nothing like good clear pictures...
Old 05-22-2009, 06:10 PM
jayster
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What part of NOT FOR TURBO did you miss?

Quick Reply: More on the FVD Short Shifter