Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color code K1K1 - Torquoise Green!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 04:31 PM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color code K1K1 - Torquoise Green!

Where can one find all the 993 body color codes.

There is a car with code k1k1. Interesting color, that does'nt appear on any color chart by Porsche 993 (1995 - 1998)....hum!
Old 02-19-2010, 06:08 PM
V
Drifting

ELPORSCHA,

I think you are mixing things up. There is no Turquoise green AFAIK. However there is:

1. Wimbledon Green (which is a green metallic with a hint of blue)

2. Blautürkis or Turquoise blue (L3AS) which is a VERY nice color, similar to Riviera blue but darker and with a bit more blue and green in it.

3. Blautürkis metallic, which is a medium blue metallic with quite a lot of green in it. Also very nice and rare.

Hope this helps. Pictures in the right order (1,2,3)
Attached Images    
Old 02-20-2010, 02:30 AM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

Viggo,

Many thanks for the illustration. Very helpfull. The color I seen on car is very close, if not THE same, as in photo 3 (last) of yr post above.

I would disagree with you ref "no torqouise green", or more precisely no k1k1 color. as this color code is in the car's Porsche factory window sticker.

Might be called Torqouise blue, rather than green, yet it does appear to have enough green mixed in it, to be labelled either (blue or green).

Hope u are continuing to enjoy the Pear of your life (Black Pearl)....

Ps. Recall u once asked about develpoments with my white 993TT, which been undergoing interior conversion to GT2 - since June 2009! Might get it next week. It looks great, as everyone in Porsche workshop said, in retrospect wonder if the very long haul was really necessary, for just an interior conversion.

Last edited by ELPORSCHA; 02-20-2010 at 02:50 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:40 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Elporsche, are you talking about the car that was recently on eBay? The x-RPM car? Looked very nice! Great color.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:11 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually the car I was thinking about is on AutoTrader, not eBay.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

I am very surprised a car sold by Ray (RPM) required SO MUCH maintenance in such a short period of time. Maybe it was the untra low mileage (garage queen status/downfall)????
Old 02-20-2010, 12:55 PM
V
Drifting

Originally Posted by ELPORSCHA
Viggo,

Many thanks for the illustration. Very helpfull. The color I seen on car is very close, if not THE same, as in photo 3 (last) of yr post above.

I would disagree with you ref "no torqouise green", or more precisely no k1k1 color. as this color code is in the car's Porsche factory window sticker.

Might be called Torqouise blue, rather than green, yet it does appear to have enough green mixed in it, to be labelled either (blue or green).

Hope u are continuing to enjoy the Pear of your life (Black Pearl)....

Ps. Recall u once asked about develpoments with my white 993TT, which been undergoing interior conversion to GT2 - since June 2009! Might get it next week. It looks great, as everyone in Porsche workshop said, in retrospect wonder if the very long haul was really necessary, for just an interior conversion.
ELP-

I didn't mean to sound harsh. I just meant that there was no color called Turquoise Green, it is Turquoise Blue. I do agree however that this color has enough of both colors to be called either blue or green . Just wanted to avoid confusion. A couple of years ago, I was very close to pulling the trigger on a Turquoise blue metallic (same color as pic 3) C4S with TurboS aerokit. Very nice.

I'm very curious about your project. Please post pictures when you are done . Would you please list the details of the interior conversion? Did you manage to find a matter rollcage? Very curious as I'm contemplating putting racing bucket seats in my car. Thanks for the kind words on the black pearl, she is a beauty . You say white TT, what about the car in your avatar? You have two?
Old 02-20-2010, 05:00 PM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

Viggo! No worry....green blue...all same in the Torqouise...D'azur world Reminds me of the incredible beauty South of France....what a life....endless dream....aaaaaaaah.

Back to reality. Sure, will list conversion parts, when I take some pics to post. Ref rollcage, due to the sizable weight it will add to vehicle, decied 'no' rollcage (of course - no airbag or knee protection).

Ref seats. The GT2 993 (i.e. Carrera RS) seats proved to be incredibly expensive, and no word, firm or otherwise as to hwne they can be made available by Porsche AG. Sooooooo, I kept the seats but changed leather color from midnite blue to black.

Car in my avatar, think I did announce more than once, that it met its fate in an extraordinay fiasco, that shud never been. Slippery road, sudden sight of tanker, crossed the long and winding road into palms, hugging each tree on the way, finally landing safely -thank god- just in position to escape thru passenger side window. Think I also mentioned that Porsche had a factory rep around, and he took some photos of extent of damage. Said something like: shows how solid built these cars are, otherwise - Mr T - you wont be around to have this conversation with!!

Ps. Got photos of the sad wreck. Don't think a pleasant thing to publish here..!!

Noh2O, you're right its the car at autotrader. Guys here were wondering as well, how come so many many parts, major replacments, when it came from Ray J.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:14 PM
V
Drifting

ELP-

Just re-read some of your old posts. You explained it to me earlier, your right (about the pastel car).

I saw an old post about rollcages and I just wanted to say that airbags were an option on the 993GT2. I've seen GT2's with the standard 993 steering wheel so that would also be correct, should you use to retain your original steering wheel.

The RS seats are really nice but tough to come by for sure. I look forward to seeing pictures of your monster

Have a nice weekend!
Old 02-20-2010, 05:14 PM
V
Drifting

ELP-

Just re-read some of your old posts. You explained it to me earlier, your right (about the pastel car).

I saw an old post about rollcages and I just wanted to say that airbags were an option on the 993GT2. I've seen GT2's with the standard 993 steering wheel so that would also be correct, should you use to retain your original steering wheel.

The RS seats are really nice but tough to come by for sure. I look forward to seeing pictures of your monster

Have a nice weekend!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:38 AM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

Thnx V. That's right, airbags and 4 spoke (standard) steering were offered at the time in so-called 'luxury' or 'comfort' street legal edition GT2.

Recall couple of years ago, guy who owns brand new GT2, with 100 miles on the clock, had his car moved from one warehouse (thats right, not garage, but dusty old rotten warehouse), to another. He assigned this task to one of his employees, who happend to be stick-shift ignorant. Jumped 1st gear this brand new babe, and into brick wall. Driver side: front fender, speedline wheel, had to be replaced. Same time, foolishly I guess, he converted the from gorgeous looking sporty GT2 interior to the comfort GT2 (airbags, including the 4 spoke steering wheel, knee protection).

Gud day!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Gotta love the turquoise blues!
Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2010, 01:18 PM
parealtor
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is there a list somewhere with a breakdown of what colors were sold and how many for 96-97 993 turbo cars?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:28 PM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

Originally Posted by parealtor
is there a list somewhere with a breakdown of what colors were sold and how many for 96-97 993 turbo cars?
I been searchig the net for such list, none to be found.

There's an interesting/illustrative thread about Porsche colors/shades of green at: http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/pors...porsche-2.html

There might be more info on colors there, still looking...
Old 03-15-2010, 05:16 PM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

Here is link to "Porsche Paint codes and colors".

http://www.964uk.com/Documents/964%20Colour%20Codes.pdf

Last edited by ELPORSCHA; 03-16-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Color code K1K1 - Torquoise Green!