Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet Another THUMBS UP for Darin Fister's FDMotorsport 993 Turbo Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 03:09 AM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yet Another THUMBS UP for Darin Fister's FDMotorsport 993 Turbo Mufflers

I've had these on for a couple of weeks now and can honestly say they make the car sound perfect now.

I've had stock and Fabspeed muffler bypass just before this. The Fabspeed bypass was loud, but in a cruder way, with plenty of ill-defined bass and drone.

With the FDMotorsport mufflers on, I feel the car is just as responsive as with the bypasses, but the drone is gone. Just growls when you step on it, to let people know you really mean it.

Darin was great to work with. Mailed the mufflers there, had it back in @ 10-14 days, looking awesome.

So, if you are wondering what to do beyond stock for your 993 Turbo....check out fellow Rennlister Darin Fister's creation.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:32 AM
MegaLoL
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Show us some pics
Old 07-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by MegaLoL
Show us some pics
Here are some photos of mine that I posted in December 2009 when I had mine done.

Before;

After;
Old 07-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 172 Posts

+1

sorry for the hiss / static, flaw in ConcurHD camera.

Like a fine wine, they do age with time.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:24 PM
V
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhsu
I've had these on for a couple of weeks now and can honestly say they make the car sound perfect now.

I've had stock and Fabspeed muffler bypass just before this. The Fabspeed bypass was loud, but in a cruder way, with plenty of ill-defined bass and drone.

With the FDMotorsport mufflers on, I feel the car is just as responsive as with the bypasses, but the drone is gone. Just growls when you step on it, to let people know you really mean it.

Darin was great to work with. Mailed the mufflers there, had it back in @ 10-14 days, looking awesome.

So, if you are wondering what to do beyond stock for your 993 Turbo....check out fellow Rennlister Darin Fister's creation.
+1 Great product with the perfect metallic growl. Here are mine:
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2011, 08:35 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

What exactly do they do to the mufflers? There is a post from a guy who paid someone $150 to remove the innards and weld 'em back up and claims the sound is great. Just askin'.....
Old 07-09-2011, 03:07 PM
MegaLoL
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
What exactly do they do to the mufflers? There is a post from a guy who paid someone $150 to remove the innards and weld 'em back up and claims the sound is great. Just askin'.....
I'm also curious. I have moddified mufflers and removed cats and I think fister sounds better... I like your mat black Viggo!!
Old 07-10-2011, 03:17 PM
V
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MegaLoL
I'm also curious. I have moddified mufflers and removed cats and I think fister sounds better... I like your mat black Viggo!!
Thanks! You have a black car just like me, you should have black Fisters as well
Old 07-10-2011, 04:05 PM
dfwporsche
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

How easy are these to install? I don't work on the car but would love to start. I haves lift at home - is this pretty simple?
Old 07-11-2011, 12:38 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

muffler changing is easy - just get it up in the air a bit. Easier to remove the rear wheels but not necessary. Once you've done it a time or 2, just a half hour job.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:33 AM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

muffler removal is not that hard and doable for a novice like me, but when I was under the car the front wheels slipped a bit (even with shims, wedges, those things jammed in on the front of front wheels) and when I got out from under I noticed the jack stands were tilted on two points instead of four, so I might have had a real incident.

My car was also lowered a little bit (to ROW height) when I put on PSS10s otherwise I might have been able to get away with not so much raising. My career as novice mechanic under a car has been on hold since that point. I timed the install of the mufflers back on with an oil change at the local Porsche indy shop.

Quick Reply: Yet Another THUMBS UP for Darin Fister's FDMotorsport 993 Turbo Mufflers