Sponsored by:

GT4 So here is a car that may decide if I sell my 993TT

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 09:14 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by kilodawg
I'm ready to take a beating on this...... Flame on boys.....
There is another way to skin this cat. Sell the TT. Buy a 09 or newer Cayman S and a low mile 993WB. Enjoy the Cayman S with a bolt on supercharger or turbo and still have an appreciating Pcar. Best of both worlds.

Last edited by chsu74; 02-20-2015 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:39 AM
jcoles
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took delivery in Dec of a MY15 GT3. Waited a year for it and thought once I got it I'd sell my tt. I don't think I can do it. The two cars are so different and I love them both. I thought once I got the GT3 I wouldn't want to drive my tt but I do. I realize I'm fortunate to have both but I love having a Porsche with the classic interior, door closing sound, smell, etc. Not to mention it is holding it's value which the GT3 will not do.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:41 AM
dtectproject
3rd Gear

i'm adding a GT4 to the 993tt, but if had to choose? no way I'd sell the 993tt for GT4.

agree with prior comment, no way I'd sell an appreciating asset for a depreciating one. not that this is about money, but a 993tt will always be a 993tt, as the cliche goes, they aren't making any more of them. not only has it withstood the test of time, but it has proven itself an all-time classic. the GT4 has potential, which is why i'm committed to owning one, but it sure has a lot to prove before i would consider replacing a legend with it.

p.s. hi all! first post, been lurking for a while since acquiring the 993tt. glad to be part of rennlist.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:17 AM
jcoles
Instructor

Great looking car dtectproject
Old 02-21-2015, 01:49 AM
Johnny_law
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dtectproject
i'm adding a GT4 to the 993tt, but if had to choose? no way I'd sell the 993tt for GT4. agree with prior comment, no way I'd sell an appreciating asset for a depreciating one. not that this is about money, but a 993tt will always be a 993tt, as the cliche goes, they aren't making any more of them. not only has it withstood the test of time, but it has proven itself an all-time classic. the GT4 has potential, which is why i'm committed to owning one, but it sure has a lot to prove before i would consider replacing a legend with it. p.s. hi all! first post, been lurking for a while since acquiring the 993tt. glad to be part of rennlist.
BTW, that's an awesome color for a TT. Welcome. I too would love to have a GT4. It seems to pull the same heartstrings as the aircooled 911's. But I will not sell my '97 TT for it. In fact I will probably be arguing with my kids that the TT is a coffin and not a sports car after I leave this world.

Johnny
Old 02-21-2015, 02:34 AM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dtectproject
p.s. hi all! first post, been lurking for a while since acquiring the 993tt. glad to be part of rennlist.
Nice TT, looks beautifully setup.

There was a similar combo/setup in Vancouver last summer, I recall Weissach had it for sale but didn't last very long.

Kilodawg - I see where your coming from and it's hard to put miles on an appreciating collector's car. You can also look at this way, you could prob put X miles on the TT and not lose anything or very little vs a new p-car. But I guess the injected extra cash does make it enticing.

I think everyone has to wait for the driving reviews or actually drive one for themselves, it's amazing how much buzz the GT4 is receiving. Personally I'd still take a used 997 GT3 over it.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:46 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

never ever sell the 993....
Old 03-12-2015, 07:26 PM
dtectproject
3rd Gear

My apologies for the super-delayed response, busy time of year for me and I am often away from internet access. Even when I have it, i usually only have my phone, which isn't ideal for posting to boards with.

Originally Posted by jcoles
Great looking car dtectproject
Thanks, I'd like to take credit for it, but Porsche did all the hard work.

Originally Posted by Johnny_law
BTW, that's an awesome color for a TT.

Johnny
iris blue, such a good colour. the new sapphire blue metallic is close, but doesn't have the purplish colour shift of the iris blue. i am however, a big fan of the new ultraviolet option for the GT3 RS.

Originally Posted by Knight
Nice TT, looks beautifully setup.

There was a similar combo/setup in Vancouver last summer, I recall Weissach had it for sale but didn't last very long.
Good eye. It was, indeed, purchased through Weissach in Vancouver. Wasn't until I got it home and onto a lift that I discovered it has PSS9s. Currently installing a turbo oil return line (and sump) check valve kit.

Back to the GT4, found out my allocation is confirmed, now just need to decide between sapphire blue metallic and white...

thanks for the welcome.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:04 PM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's easy, "Saphire Blue"!
Old 03-18-2015, 02:10 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Chris Harris tests the GT4

Old 03-18-2015, 07:05 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm trying to sell my 95 993 C2 Coupé for a GT4 but I don't have a turbo...
Old 03-21-2015, 10:37 PM
tpd83911
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

By the time my allocation comes up my turbo should be worth...
Old 03-22-2015, 02:47 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ LOL.

Yeah the 993 TT is an awesome car. I just recently sold mine. I miss it a bit but I don't regret it. At least I don't today. With the money I made from the sale, it is allowing me to enjoy more Porsche products. 991 GT3 and soon a GT4.

Like someone mentioned above the more it went up in value the less I drove the car. Than the fight with the insurance company to get the car insured for what it was worth. That was something I had never done with any car before.

I don't know, I had my fun with the car. I just rathered my GT cars a little more I guess. I enjoy tracking my Porsches and the GT3's were just better suited. Different strokes I guess.

One thing is certain they will continue to go up in value. Enjoy in good health folks, she is a great P car to own.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:59 PM
gooseNSJ4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Whatever choice you make, it is worth the regret. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: GT4 So here is a car that may decide if I sell my 993TT