Sponsored by:

My recent purchase of a 2001 Carrera 4 Biarrtz White

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 01:32 AM
hartmn
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

MoeMoney,

Tire shine maybe! Motor mounts, por que? But thanks for the kind comments! I detailed it up my self!

Eric
Old 12-09-2018, 07:29 AM
MoeMonney
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by hartmn
MoeMoney,

Tire shine maybe! Motor mounts, por que? But thanks for the kind comments! I detailed it up my self!

Eric

Exhaust tips are hanging low and that usually means that the motor mounts are worn. It makes a significant difference in driving feel with new motor mounts and they are cheap and easy to install.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:32 PM
JoeyCapranica
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That thing is gorgeous. I love that color combo!
Old 12-09-2018, 06:48 PM
hartmn
Instructor

MoeMoney,

oh crap! Thanks! Add it my list of stuff to fix! Joe didn’t you get a new ride too! I thought I say a new ride you posted too! Gray and black wasn’t it! Congrats! Thanks all for the kind words. I detailed it myself!

Eric
Old 12-09-2018, 07:14 PM
JoeyCapranica
Instructor

Joe didn’t you get a new ride too! I thought I say a new ride you posted too! Gray and black wasn’t it! Congrats! Thanks all for the kind words. I detailed it myself!

Eric
I just got mine in November. If I could’ve found one just like mine with the exception of having the color combo of yours, I would be a hundred times happier with it than I already am (and I’m pretty happy with my car). White over natural brown leather is amazing.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:43 PM
hartmn
Instructor

Joey,

i dont think many were made in my color combination. I’m going to ask PNA (Porsche North America) when I get my proof of ownership how many were shipped to the US market. But I doubt they’ll tell me but I’m not going to give up. The color combo is what compelled me to purchase the car. White cars just do it for me. I bought mine 11/13 but I had the wheels and alignment service and it took a couple of weeks to have the rims refinished by the dealership. They look amazing and the whole car just pops!

Spending another probably $8000 dollars on other interior repairs and exterior repairs to get it up to a standard that makes it a really sorted car. Way to much fun!

Enjoy your new Ride!

Eric
Old 12-09-2018, 08:56 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow! I'm happy for you, and sad that cars this nice are selling that cheap!
Old 12-09-2018, 09:07 PM
hartmn
Instructor

I think I stole it in some respects! I think the lady just gave up on it based on all the stupid **** she didnt fix. I have it insured from Leland insurance company for $30,00 if it gets wiped out or stolen or both. She started out on of all places on for sale advertising it on Craigslist for $21,500! She had a bunch of tire kickers at first and about the time she had me on the hook they were beating down her door for it. Snooze you lose! Like all of you I hope it goes up in value! It’s a really great car I really happy to own it!

Eric

Last edited by hartmn; 12-10-2018 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:15 AM
JoeyCapranica
Instructor

I bought mine 11/13

That’s a screenshot of the day I bought mine, sitting in the deiver’s seat. Check out the date at the top. Looks like we bought our 996s on the same day.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:02 PM
hartmn
Instructor

Joey,

I'd say It was a good day for both of us! Too funny! I have to take some interior pictures too! BTW, Pacific Porsche has been very good to me with my purchase of my old girl! They are really nice there and helpful! They are not snooty at all. I highly recommend Pacific Porsche in Hawthorne, CA. My service writer is Hannah George and the service Manager in Jim Curtin. Hannah's number is 424-271-8830 and Jim's number is 310-891-2120. They are great people and it's kind of like going to a car show on the sales floor as they have some really amazing cars there! I look forward to meet you at a PCA Los Angeles in future!

Eric
Old 12-11-2018, 03:12 PM
hartmn
Instructor

MoeMonney,

I dropped off my car at the dealership to repair the headlight washer nozzle this morning that self ejected it self last night. I spoke to the service writer in regards to the motor mounts comments you made here of the tail pipes hanging down are an indications of the motor mounts in need of possibly being replaced. The service writer reviewed the Rennlist comment with the mechanics at Pacific Porsche they replied they had never heard of that before, and disagreed with the comment that tail pipes were an indication of possibly needing motor mounts . They took a snap shot of the Rennlist post for their review with other mechanics as well. Where did you here this before? It's no big deal and I appreciate everyone's input.

Eric

Old 12-11-2018, 09:46 PM
cds72911
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts

As the motor mounts wear out, the center section with the bolt elongates, causing the rear of the engine to droop. Exhaust tips that hang low are a quick visual indication that your motor mounts are wearing out.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:12 PM
hartmn
Instructor

Cds72911,

Thanks I will continue to discuss this with the dealership service writer. I have a huge punch list of repairs that the previous owner seem to give up on! Driver seat needs a new frame, rear view mirror, crappy amplifier and bass unit in frunk, beat up center console, blah, blah, blah I’ll just add this to the list! Not to mention reviewing through the service records and see what’s behind on servicing! Gotta love it!
Old 12-12-2018, 12:29 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

imo, you need to stop going to the dealer and find a porsche indy. These cars are 15+ years old and few techs have dealt with 996s (in my experience). A good indy shop will be much better working on your car than the dealership.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:56 PM
hartmn
Instructor

RngTrtl,

I'm just as much not a fan of independent garages (Not sure what an Indy is?) as you are the dealerships apparently. I have too many independent garages "do me wrong" on my time on this earth. And there is little recourse, if any at an independent garage! They just show you the door if you're not happy. Pacific Porsche is an amazing dealership with mechanics that have been there for over twenty years. They charge me a hourly rate to work on my car 2001 of $175.00 a hour as they consider my car classic. However I have multiple layers of a hierarchy of management if things go south. Try that at an independent garage. The amenities at the dealership are stellar! For instances, I dropped my car off yesterday and I had no way home. They provide me with an Uber's to my home for free of charge. The service waiting area provides you with all the comfort of home, light snacks, coffee, internet, parts, and it's spotless clean of which I rarely see at an independent garage. The place is a car shows in it's self as the owner has historic vehicles on display. The facilities are amazing! The staff are willing to help with questions, and will make time for you by if need be calling out a knowledgeable person to assist you if the service writer can't answer the question! I don't find these amenities at independent service places IMO. Most of them in my experience won't stop for a second to help you with anything your not paying them to fix! My service writer called me today and explained the the coolant expansion tank is not leaking but has stress cracks in it. Add another thing to the list @ five hours of labor, and $280 for the part! The previous owner was on the deferred maintenance plan and she used an independent garage here locally. I'm blaming the independent garage though it's all on her. I'll gladly ready and willing to sort my car out paying Pacific Porsche than to deal with any more independent places for as long I am walking of the face of this earth. I have been shown the door for my last time by some smug a-hole owner whom really doesn't charge that much less to wrench on my cars! $125.00 an hour! Thank you for your input, I mean no disrespect, but I am just done with independent service facilities here in the people's Republic of California!
Merry Christmas to all!

Eric

Last edited by hartmn; 12-12-2018 at 04:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: My recent purchase of a 2001 Carrera 4 Biarrtz White