996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

The "Ultimate AOS Solution"

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2023, 11:24 PM
168glhs1986
Rennlist Member

Received 1,401 Likes on 671 Posts

Skip, we just installed ours in the 3/98 build. Anything to look for before we fire it up? Should we add more coolant to the system?
The following users liked this post:
plpete84 (03-08-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 12:12 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,361 Likes on 1,973 Posts

Originally Posted by 168glhs1986
Skip, we just installed ours in the 3/98 build. Anything to look for before we fire it up? Should we add more coolant to the system?

Just make sure the coolant is topped off good and if you didn't drain it all the way and use the air-lift tool then overfill it a little and lift the wire bail on the black burp valve that is next to the coolant cap....

Drive it a few days with the wire bail lifted...checking the level each day when cold... then when it stops needing topped off put the burp valve bail back down..enjoy !!

Cheers !!
plpete84 (03-08-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 06:59 PM
Joe J
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kit for 07 Cayman S ???

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
OK, I promised the "Ultimate AOS Solution" that would eliminate replacing the Factory AOS, but still function as designed.

CNC Black Anodized Aluminum Accumulator with Microprocessor controlled Infra-Red Sensor.

UAOS integrated onto engine

PATENT PENDING

Go here to order ..https://ultimateaos.com/

Red shows to slot through to the outside, yellow shows the small hole to the channel where the Atmosphere port is located.

Cutaway Factory AOS

AOS flow regulator diaphragm and spring

Doing this first part Section 1 will eliminate the need to EVER replace the Factory AOS again, and will make servicing the AOS system a 10 minute very easy task..

Ok another feature of the Ultimate AOS Solution incorporates an Accumulator with a infra-red level sensor to be wired into the "low coolant warning" circuit to "slow flash" the red light in the instrument cluster warning of either low coolant or AOS service needed.
Should the AOS system needs to be serviced due to accumulation of moisture/oil or if the AOS regulator is failing the warning will "slow flash"".

Carbon Fiber Filled Polyamide 12 Accumulator, can withstand the heat of underhood temps and then some..

Complete UAOS assembly including a re-worked new AOS, Carbon Fiber Filled Ployamide 12 Accumulator, Infra-red sensor, relay, wiring harness, New Flow regulator, custom hoses designed to fit like Factory.
Do you offer a Kit for an 07 Cayman S ?
Einsteiger (12-06-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 07:17 PM
Einsteiger
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts

BRAVO!
Old 12-06-2023, 08:15 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Joe J
Do you offer a Kit for an 07 Cayman S ?
Yes , I have recently expanded the UAOS System Kit to include 987 Boxsters and Caymans up to 2009. I have the standard Street Version, with Street and Track Option,all Emissions Legal , and have done several Custom Race Only Versions ( not Emission Legal)..

Unfortunately they are at the moment all sold out and on back-order for at least another 10-15 days . They are held up at the Anodizers getting the anodized finish on the CNC'd parts..

Originally Posted by Einsteiger
BRAVO!
Thanks !!
Old 12-06-2023, 09:33 PM
Joe J
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UAOS 987.1 Cayman

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
Yes , I have recently expanded the UAOS System Kit to include 987 Boxsters and Caymans up to 2009. I have the standard Street Version, with Street and Track Option,all Emissions Legal , and have done several Custom Race Only Versions ( not Emission Legal)..

Unfortunately they are at the moment all sold out and on back-order for at least another 10-15 days . They are held up at the Anodizers getting the anodized finish on the CNC'd parts..

Thanks !!
Thanks, interested in the street and track combo, when available what is the cost and do you have pictures of it installed?i
Old 12-07-2023, 02:27 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Joe J
Thanks, interested in the street and track combo, when available what is the cost and do you have pictures of it installed?i

Here is a pic of the Cayman UAOS System Street and Track kit. You can't really see the Track Drain, it is on the bottom of the CNC'd Black Anodized Aluminum Accumulator, it has a Banjo bolt and banjo fitting with a drain hose that runs across the engine with a Uniseal fitting into the oil fill tube.. ( new oil fill tube comes with Track Drain option).

Cost for the UAOS System kit is $710 + $30 shipping in USA, the Track Drain Option is $175 ...( comes with a new Genuine Porsche oil fill tube with fitting pre-installed)..

Einsteiger (12-13-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 08:37 AM
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 103 Posts

The Boxster AOS doesn't have the two little coolant hoses. What function do those coolant hoses perform on a 911 AOS, and does the UAOS need them?

Old 12-09-2023, 12:22 PM
allcool
Racer

Received 187 Likes on 129 Posts

IIRR, skip explained how in colder weather the circulating hot coolant helps preventing coagulation, thus aids the uaos to do its job of separating. On transverse engine boxster/caymen the uaos is placed in an area that gets hot enough that the coolant is not needed...

Skip will probably chime in to correct me and explain it farther....

Last edited by allcool; 12-09-2023 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-09-2023, 08:04 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996.2
The Boxster AOS doesn't have the two little coolant hoses. What function do those coolant hoses perform on a 911 AOS, and does the UAOS need them?

Originally Posted by allcool
IIRR, skip explained how in colder weather the circulating hot coolant helps preventing coagulation, thus aids the uaos to do its job of separating. On transverse engine boxster/caymen the uaos is placed in an area that gets hot enough that the coolant is not needed...

Skip will probably chime in to correct me and explain it farther....

@allcool is mostly correct , I'll get a bit more technical with a few more details.

During the combustion process of gasoline the main by-products are 13% water, 13% Carbon Dioxide, and 73% Nitrogen

Most of this goes through the exhaust system ( catalytic converters, mufflers ect.) , but about 12-14 Liters per Minute at idle, or about 80 Liters per minute at full throttle, will get past the rings and go into the crankcase ( called blow-by ) , and will go through the crankcase ventilation system ( AOS system on our cars) re-circulated back into the intake to be re-burned to lower the emissions ,also helps to lower combustion chamber temperatures ,increase efficiency , and improves part throttle response..

The " flow regulator" used to control the flow creates a high velocity/low pressure area where if not kept sufficiently warmed above 32F will start to form ice on the flow port from the 13% water vapor that is flowing in the blow-by gases in very cold weather. So the location of the flow regulator in the engine compartment will determine whether or not it will need additional warming than what will be normally available from the exhaust system.

In the Boxster/Cayman engine compartment the factory AOS flow regulator is located in the rear of the engine compartment in a very warm location...( doesn't need additional warming from coolant)

In the 911 engine compartment the factory AOS is in the front of the engine compartment ( where it is very hard to access also) and doesn't receive enough heat from the exhaust or engine to keep the ice from forming in the high velocity/low pressure area in the flow regulator... therefore it needs the warm coolant to keep from freezing ..

In the UAOS Systems for Boxster/Cayman/ or 911 the remote flow regulator is always placed at the rear of the engine compartment in easy access and in a very warm location so the coolant lines are not necessary.....It doesn't effect the function to have them, but they can be another source of leaks or intermix, so I eliminate them completely on all UAOS Systems now...
Einsteiger (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 09:21 AM
paddlefoot64
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts

Skip, your website links don’t seem to work for me. Is the only way to order through L&N?
thanks,
Mike
Old 12-13-2023, 11:01 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paddlefoot64
Skip, your website links don’t seem to work for me. Is the only way to order through L&N?
thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

If you need it right away just pick one up from LN, they have them on the shelf and they have ordered some more.

The links at the top of the page stopped working for some reason, and I can't get them to start back, but the order buttons on down in the middle of the page works...

Or I can send you an Invoice via Paypal

It will be a couple of weeks before I can ship you one, . I have had to put them on back-order for the last month due to waiting on the CNC'd Black Anodized Aluminum Accumulators to be machined, then the anodizer guy was in the hospital for a bit, so things got behind..All the CNC'd stuff will be delivered tomorrow, but I have a bunch of back-orders to build..

Cheers !! Skip
wdb (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 04:31 PM
paddlefoot64
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts

I have a new, unopened URO AOS. Can you price me a kit for 2004 C4S, and omit the AOS?
Old 12-13-2023, 09:36 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paddlefoot64
I have a new, unopened URO AOS. Can you price me a kit for 2004 C4S, and omit the AOS?

Hi Mike, Sure just send me your AOS so I can do a few modifications to it to make it more efficient, and to be "Lifetime", and to be compatible with the UAOS System .

Pm me ...
Old 12-16-2023, 12:06 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 747 Likes on 388 Posts

@Porschetech3 , confused, this breather hose that's circled in red, can I cut that to get the intake manifold off? Or do I have to save it?

Quick Reply: The "Ultimate AOS Solution"