996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Sprint Booster V1 vs V3

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 05:54 PM
PhillyNate
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 85 Posts

I am finally installing this at the end of this month after it sitting on my dining room table for months. I ordinarily would NEVER buy a product like this but I don’t have Sport Chrono therefore no sharpened throttle response. I have not read one bad review of the Sprint Booster version of this device which in my opinion speaks volumes. Not only that but as someone said above ppl don’t remove it either.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:15 PM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillyNate
I am finally installing this at the end of this month after it sitting on my dining room table for months. I ordinarily would NEVER buy a product like this but I don’t have Sport Chrono therefore no sharpened throttle response. I have not read one bad review of the Sprint Booster version of this device which in my opinion speaks volumes. Not only that but as someone said above ppl don’t remove it either.
Looking forward to hearing your impressions.
The following users liked this post:
PhillyNate (04-06-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 06:32 PM
PhillyNate
Racer

Originally Posted by Optionman1
Looking forward to hearing your impressions.
I appreciate that but I have to admit this product would have to be god awful for me not to like. Particularly since I find non sport chrono cars to have a slightly lethargic throttle response. Consistent but not exactly input for input. It’s reversible and at this price point no harm done if it sucks. I know it won’t and it will provide what I’m looking for. WHICH IS NOT HORSEPOWER. I will report back in a few weeks.

Last edited by PhillyNate; 04-06-2021 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:52 PM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,013 Posts

@PhillyNate Is it going in a Tip or a manual? Do any 996 have "sports chrono" or were you comparing 997 models?
PhillyNate (04-06-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 07:59 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I purchased a car with this installed, and removed it. It seems to open the throttle more at less pedal depression, this is detrimental to precision driving on track and it is annoying on the street. The factory throttle response is not delayed in the way it is depicted in the video on a 996. In fact on a GT3 I feel the throttle tip in is a bit too abrupt. Funny when tuning cars we try to make tip in as smooth as possible... to each his own I suppose.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ahmet:
Elumere (04-27-2021), Optionman1 (04-06-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 08:03 PM
PhillyNate
Racer

Originally Posted by Optionman1
@PhillyNate Is it going in a Tip or a manual? Do any 996 have "sports chrono" or were you comparing 997 models?
I have a 987.2 Cayman manual.
Old 04-06-2021, 08:08 PM
PhillyNate
Racer

Originally Posted by Ahmet
I purchased a car with this installed, and removed it. It seems to open the throttle more at less pedal depression, this is detrimental to precision driving on track and it is annoying on the street. The factory throttle response is not delayed in the way it is depicted in the video on a 996. In fact on a GT3 I feel the throttle tip in is a bit too abrupt. Funny when tuning cars we try to make tip in as smooth as possible... to each his own I suppose.
Your response is not surprising on a Porsche GT product. Although I feel there is a lot of “race car” in EVERYTHING Porsche makes/builds I also believe they hold back on cars they consider to be more “generic”
Old 04-27-2021, 06:53 AM
Greenman
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put a SB V3 in my 02 C4 it did the opposite! bogged down my acceleration Turned off PSM and still the same results. No difference from off-sports-to racing modes. I called SB tech support and he told me my clutch was going. Pulled it out, car is back to normal and runs great. I don't know if the SB was defective but I am staying away from it. Just step on the gas!
Old 04-27-2021, 02:27 PM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Greenman
I just put a SB V3 in my 02 C4 it did the opposite! bogged down my acceleration Turned off PSM and still the same results. No difference from off-sports-to racing modes. I called SB tech support and he told me my clutch was going. Pulled it out, car is back to normal and runs great. I don't know if the SB was defective but I am staying away from it. Just step on the gas!
Sounds like a defective SB.
I drive an 02 C2 manual with a V3 SB, and I've driven an 03 C2 manual with a V3 SB and both felt great in Sport mode.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:46 PM
PhillyNate
Racer

My long awaited Sprint Booster V3 review. Had this put on Friday. Could not budge that accelerator clip and didn’t want it broken. So if you do not have Sport Chrono and sport button that comes along with I CAN’T RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH. Best reasonably inexpensive mod I’ve made that influences the character of the car. I’m now convinced that Porsche programs lazy throttle into cars that don’t have Sport Chrono. If you are buying this to be Vin Diesel please look elsewhere for mods BUT if you want a dial-up cable throttle response then this is worth EVERY PENNY. Not cumbersome and intuitive interface that is user friendly. Excellent product. No wonder it gets very good reviews.

Last edited by PhillyNate; 05-02-2021 at 06:48 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by PhillyNate:
Petza914 (10-12-2023), Ratchet1025 (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 10:19 AM
Ratchet1025
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillyNate
My long awaited Sprint Booster V3 review. Had this put on Friday. Could not budge that accelerator clip and didn’t want it broken. So if you do not have Sport Chrono and sport button that comes along with I CAN’T RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH. Best reasonably inexpensive mod I’ve made that influences the character of the car. I’m now convinced that Porsche programs lazy throttle into cars that don’t have Sport Chrono. If you are buying this to be Vin Diesel please look elsewhere for mods BUT if you want a dial-up cable throttle response then this is worth EVERY PENNY. Not cumbersome and intuitive interface that is user friendly. Excellent product. No wonder it gets very good reviews.
I completely agree, my C2 02 Cab Tip feels so much better with this product.
PhillyNate (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 11:50 AM
c didy
Three Wheelin'

Received 232 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahmet
I purchased a car with this installed, and removed it... to each his own I suppose.

I would be interested in giving it a try if you still have it.

This is all part of adjusting controls and cockpit to personal preference. Different configurations for different people. Steering wheel, seating position, Etc. It can have a big impact on the driver machine interface.

There are competitors on the market that seem to do well also. How different are they?

Feel free to p.m. me.

Last edited by c didy; 05-03-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster V1 vs V3