Sponsored by:

FSI 4.0 car for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 07:45 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 672 Likes on 467 Posts
Default FSI 4.0 car for sale

Guys there is a cab s 997.1 for sale. Jakes 4.0 , 5,000 miles since rebuilt. Anyway I’m not into cabs, just interested in the engine. Anyway I was surprised that they are using liqui moly. Here is a copy of the invoice. A ton of pictures on pcar, car is in Georgia.

Popular Reply

08-15-2021, 12:48 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,282 Likes on 899 Posts

There's no gray areas with me. I say what I say so people can see that my focus is on my purchaser, the guy that waited a minimum of 1 year for my engine, and paid me directly. During that year + I will have sent dozens of messages to this person, and gotten to know them. I have had customers on other continents invite me into their homes for weeks and help me secure vehicles for my collection from all over the planet. When my daughter was born with spinabifida it was one of my customers (pediatric cardiac surgeon) who broke away from his day to help me find her the best surgeon in the country to "fix" her. He made one call and she was transferred to a different hospital, and had surgery the next morning. Since he placed the call, the surgeon put his vacation on hold for 1 day to take care of her. If it wasn't for me building his engine, and standing behind it when I didn't have to in 2008 (factory oil pump drive failed), I would not have had the connection that allows her to race a Jr. Dragster instead of being stuck in a wheel chair all her life.

I will never have that sort of relationship with a second owner, and I don't even try. They generally buy the car because they want instant gratification, and don't have the patience to wait, or they want the engine without paying full price for it. Luckily I seldom have to deal with it, because so few people sell cars with my engines fitted to them.

People can take me however they want, but they need to realize that I do everything for a reason. I am overly direct, and modern humans can't accept that. They need to understand that I care nothing about what they say, or feel.

I'm really sorry that Zbomb had to carry himself in the manner that he has in this thread. I don't really understand why people have to act this way. I guess at the end of the day all we can do is pray for them.

@Optionman1 I didn't realize that your wife's illness had advanced to this point. I am happy that we've gotten to know each other and that your wife has enjoyed the car with you.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:58 AM
Snakebit
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 110 Posts

I would love to be able to afford that car.
But I need a 3rd convertible like a hole in the head.
Hmmmmmmmm
Old 08-12-2021, 01:15 PM
Idaho911
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 172 Posts

Link: https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/4...a-s-cabriolet/
Old 08-12-2021, 01:44 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 672 Likes on 467 Posts
Default Thanks for posting the link.

Originally Posted by Idaho911
I’m kind of a dmbas when it comes to technology. Funny is my wife is a computer engineer. Since I’m low tech that’s why I love these early cars. Maybe one day one of the p guys will show me how to post a link.
Yes that high bid is me. I’ll be on it till a point.

Last edited by 3/98 911 coupe; 08-12-2021 at 01:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Snakebit (08-12-2021)
Old 08-12-2021, 04:12 PM
Snakebit
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 110 Posts

I'll be rootin for ya! (neighbor, Alvin TX)
That's a really really nice car, in SO many ways.

Last edited by Snakebit; 08-12-2021 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:07 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

This car originally died from bore scoring. Its located only about 50 miles from us, and the owner is a solid guy. Not sure why he is selling it.

With the inflation we are experiencing with components, this 32.5K price tag for the engine is going to be looking really cheap, very soon. With 2022 all booked up for work at this point I have started the challenges related to our component allocation for the 2023 completions. Just the shipping of components to us is 800.00 more than it was 18 months ago, not to mention the crazy price increases of the parts, and having to buy them over a year in advance just to make sure we can have them on hand when the engine is scheduled to be built.

That said, don't message me asking about the engine, or the car... Once a car is sold with my engine it becomes a step child and off my radar. My original purchaser is the guy that paid me, and who I support.
DGI (08-15-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 12:46 PM
hbdunn
Burning Brakes

Received 702 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations

That said, don't message me asking about the engine, or the car... Once a car is sold with my engine it becomes a step child and off my radar. My original purchaser is the guy that paid me, and who I support.
This important information for people who may be considering your services.
The following 2 users liked this post by hbdunn:
Robocop305 (02-05-2022), user 8298308 (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 12:53 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hbdunn
This important information for people who may be considering your services.
Absolutely. This isn't new, and there's even a page on my site that makes this very clear.

The original purchaser was my customer. I qualified him, and spent over a year of my life becoming his friend, while we created HIS engine, for HIS Porsche.
Once the car is sold, he remains my friend, but there's no association between FSI and the new owner. People sometimes try to pay us for support, or etc, but I refuse to accept this.

We give the original owner ALL the servicing documents, invoices, pictures, and dyno graphs. It is up to that purchaser to retain this, and pass it on. This is why we load it onto a USB drive, and make sure that the owner knows that if its lost- it is lost for good.
The new owner has all the information they need to follow the protocols I set forth for my purchaser.

What we create is much more than an engine, and we owe everything to our purchaser, for as long as he owns the car. That door isn't open to a new buyer.

New owners don't like this, which I why I am very clear about this up front, boldly stating it in my webinars, forum posts, and etc. The opinions of others will never change this policy.
Old 08-13-2021, 01:21 PM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,013 Posts

The owner just posted about his reasons for selling in the "Prices Keep Drifting Up" thread. Cab S with 4.0L would be a blast!!! Glad he said he set a high reserve, it deserves it.
Old 08-13-2021, 02:33 PM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,723 Likes on 882 Posts

We give the original owner ALL the servicing documents, invoices, pictures, and dyno graphs. It is up to that purchaser to retain this, and pass it on. This is why we load it onto a USB drive, and make sure that the owner knows that if its lost- it is lost for good.
The new owner has all the information they need to follow the protocols I set forth for my purchaser.
This is good to know. A bit surprising you don't keep a copy of it for the original owner as part of support should the USB drive fail, which happens. Storage is cheap. I'd suggest anyone that owns the engine to just toss it into your choice of cloud storage and call it a day. I pay $1.99/month for 100GB of Google Cloud storage. It's where I keep my car's service records.
The following 2 users liked this post by plpete84:
Robocop305 (02-05-2022), user 8298308 (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 02:38 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

We do keep records on all the engines in a cloud. We share the cloud links with the original purchaser as the engine is built. This has been done since 2009.
The original purchaser can always access those, and its the same contents that are on the USB.

These are never available to second owners as most of this content has privacy issues since contact information, addresses and etc are included. Once I shared an invoice with a second owner, and got yelled at by my original purchaser because no good deed goes without punishment.

At that very moment I cut off all communication with anyone except my purchaser. I am not even willing to verify if a car listed for sale that is advertised with my engine actually has it.
Snakebit (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 02:39 PM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 778 Likes on 498 Posts

Here's a crazy idea...print everything out(except for the dyno video, of course) and put the copies in the file with the rest of the paperwork on the car. Speaking of dyno video I downloaded it to my computer and every so often I run it with the volume cranked all the way up. Beats the speeding tickets that could be collected doing that on the street!
Originally Posted by plpete84
This is good to know. A bit surprising you don't keep a copy of it for the original owner as part of support should the USB drive fail, which happens. Storage is cheap. I'd suggest anyone that owns the engine to just toss it into your choice of cloud storage and call it a day. I pay $1.99/month for 100GB of Google Cloud storage. It's where I keep my car's service records.
Snakebit (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 02:41 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by wildbilly32
Here's a crazy idea...print everything out(except for the dyno video, of course) and put the copies in the file with the rest of the paperwork on the car. Speaking of dyno video I downloaded it to my computer and every so often I run it with the volume cranked all the way up. Beats the speeding tickets that could be collected doing that on the street!
That makes too much sense.. You are supposed to lose it all, then call us up 3 years later and ask for a replacement.
The following 2 users liked this post by Flat6 Innovations:
James_03C4S (08-15-2021), Snakebit (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 02:50 PM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,723 Likes on 882 Posts

Thanks for clarifying, Jake. The way your post read was that, "if it's lost - it's lost for good", which doesn't seem to be the case. For the original owner obviously. And sure you can print anything out until you're out of magenta paint in your cartridge and then you're screwed Again, storage is cheap so have a copy and a back up and go for a drive ... to buy some printer paint if you must
Old 08-13-2021, 02:51 PM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 778 Likes on 498 Posts

I won't be calling you in October 2022...
That makes too much sense.. You are supposed to lose it all, then call us up 3 years later and ask for a replacement.
Snakebit (08-13-2021)

Quick Reply: FSI 4.0 car for sale