Sponsored by:

Palm Springs area - Mechanic/shop recommendation needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2023, 01:01 AM
ChampInSD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Palm Springs area - Mechanic/shop recommendation needed

Hey all. I just got to the Palm Springs area for the PCA Porsche Parade. Drove over from San Diego in the 996 GT3. Parked the car in the garage of our friend's house and when I came back I noticed smell of gas in the garage. Fifteen minutes of reading online indicates that it could be a simple as the seal on the cap, or the charcoal filter, or perhaps something else. Anyway, I am registered for the Parade autocross and so I'd like to figure out what's going on quickly, hopefully Monday, but I don't know the shops here. The dealership is less than 5 miles from me, but who knows if they have time or the willingness to tangle quickly with a 20 year old GT3. So, if there's a trusted independent shop nearby I'd appreciate the pointer.

Many thanks in advance.

Best,

David
Old 06-19-2023, 11:49 PM
nix0807
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check with Sean at International Motors in Cathedral City.

He's serviced a few of my BMWs and usually has Porsche's and other euro cars in the shop. He also owns an older Pcar.

Good luck,
Nishal
Old 06-20-2023, 12:30 AM
ChampInSD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

Thank you. Today, I went to the dealership here and got a new gas cap as the seal in mine showed deterioration upon close inspection. Seems to have done the trick. Fingers crossed. I do appreciate the reply.

Quick Reply: Palm Springs area - Mechanic/shop recommendation needed