996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Silly usb car charger question

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2023, 10:49 PM
GmundtotheWorld
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

RennClassic hazard phone mount with phone mount- keeps it high, in peripheral vision so your eyes aren’t off the road

Mr12Volt install- SIRI functions, full phone capability/voice dialing, album call up, with song titles shown on factory nav screen. Can also use single CD player in dash.

Power from Mr 12Volt, using RennClassic power plug from factory phone plug in console.
The following users liked this post:
yaz996 (12-10-2023)
Old 12-21-2023, 01:23 AM
irontmp
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GmundtotheWorld

Volleyball shoes provide the perfect blend of grip, stability check blog, and comfort for agile moves on the court
Mr12Volt install- SIRI functions, full phone capability/voice dialing, album call up, with song titles shown on factory nav screen. Can also use single CD player in dash.

Power from Mr 12Volt, using RennClassic power plug from factory phone plug in console.
This is my first USB-C phone, so I don't have any USB-C accessories yet, besides the included wall adapter. What's a good / safe / less-expensive car charger (I'd need a USB-C cable as well). Preferably PD, but would be ok with 3 AMP USB C charging as well ( I believe the phone supports that). Makeuseof.com has and article, which links a spreadsheet, in which it seems very few are even safe. I can't post URLs yet, but you can search for best-usb-c-chargers-whats-safe-whats-dangerous for makeuserof.com. Any recommendations? I see Walmart has an Onn 3 AMP car charger, with cable for $5 -- but feel like I'd save lots on the charger -- and waste it on another phone...
Old 12-21-2023, 01:42 PM
frisbee91
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

My solution is to have a USB insert charger, with a homemade magnetic phone mount over the top of it. I seldom use the charger; it's there for emergencies. I usually just put my phone on the magnetic mount.

The mount is a magnetic pad (from amazon), with the cut-off end of an old usb stick epoxied to the back. (The magnetic mount does not provide charging capability). If I need to charge my phone, I pull off the magnet and plug in a standard cable.

So, I can't have the phone mounted and charge at the same time, but it's super simple and clean looking. I know this solution isn't for everyone.

magnet phone mount

magnet removed to reveal hidden USB port
The following users liked this post:
11earl (12-21-2023)

Quick Reply: Silly usb car charger question