Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

New here and new to Porsche’s got questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2024, 08:02 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 999 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by MxBundy
Yeah I like them ( the wheels on it)....maybe I can surface prep all the scratches and gouges ( file them) and get'em powder coated. I have seen discussions of adding spacers...is this to get the wheels flush with the fenders?
I am gonna get an appointment with the local German car service shop and have the car gone over for sure.

Bundy
I would see about getting them refinished. I think Wheel Enhancement is still in business and they are one of the best. Low profile tires tend to leave you with bent and cracked rims when you hit a pothole. Porsche specs very good wheels and to get better is not cheap.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:02 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 3,484 Likes on 2,010 Posts

Originally Posted by MxBundy
I am gonna get an appointment with the local German car service shop and have the car gone over for sure.
May make sense to find a local Porsche Indy that understands the M96. It will end up saving you time, money and headaches.

Don't know where you are located, but there are plenty of guys on this forum that can probably give you a suggestion or two. It is a great car. Key thing if you are not a DIY guy is to make sure its sorted properly from the beginning and you will have decades of unbelievable durability and fun with it.

Quick Reply: New here and new to Porsche’s got questions!!