Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Supercharger ? to those who have them...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Kompressor
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger ? to those who have them...

which one did you go with? how is the jump in power felt by seat o' pants? dyno #'s with/without other mods ie, exhausts etc. any reliabiltiy issues and how many miles since installation? tia.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:25 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Evolution Motorsports did mine last April. Minor adjustments made after installation to obtain optimim performance. Driven more than 6,000 hard miles so far and the power is unbelievable. Mine dyno'd at almost 400 hp at the wheels and 290 torque at the wheels. The adjustments made since the dyno have only increased the power. I may swing by EVOM laster next month during a western trip and have them dyno it again. Call Todd if your have specific questions.

I have the rev limit set at 6800 rpm which gives me just about 5 pounds of boost. I may have it increased to 7000 or 7200 which would give me about 5.5 - 6 pounds of boost. I want to be careful though since the stock engine already has 13.5:1 compression without the additional boost. I have no other mods to the car.

You have no time to think about shifting out of first when you get on it. It gets there so fast that ant hestitation will hit the rev limiter. I would do it again if I had another 996.

No inxcrease in engine heat and the after cooler keeps the intake air at about 20 degrees above ambient temps. No cool down period as with the turbos. The only thing I make sure of is that the engine is at 180 degrees before I get on it to make sure the charger is warmed up and lubed properly.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Kompressor
Intermediate

thanks, post a pic if you can. so are you getting 450-460 at the crank? thats awesome if so.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:07 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...t=supercharger
Old 09-30-2004, 10:25 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Did you already buy the clutch/flywheel/and supercharger? I'm seriously connsidering taking my car back to stock to make it more sellable and to generate a better return on the modifications. If you or anyone else is interested in the stuff, let me know.

PS. It's the Evo SC with the lightweight flywheel and stronger clutch. However, you'd never know the clutch wasn't stock by using it. Though, it does rev a LOT faster than a regular flywheeled car.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:29 AM
solsavr
Instructor

Originally Posted by ben in lj
Did you already buy the clutch/flywheel/and supercharger? I'm seriously connsidering taking my car back to stock to make it more sellable and to generate a better return on the modifications. If you or anyone else is interested in the stuff, let me know.

PS. It's the Evo SC with the lightweight flywheel and stronger clutch. However, you'd never know the clutch wasn't stock by using it. Though, it does rev a LOT faster than a regular flywheeled car.
Why are you going back to stock? Aren't you happy with your setup, what don't you like?...just curious
Old 10-01-2004, 01:55 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

I like it a lot but I am selling the car and no one seems to be appreciating it the way it is. I'd probably just keep it if Evo had ever gotten around to getting it C.A.R.B. certified as they've been promising for very nearly a year (mine was installed a year and 4k miles ago - it's like #2 or #3). As it stands now, I can't register in CA without removing it temporarily. So, I figured I would see if someone would appreciate the car as it is. Nothing concrete flowed from those efforts and if I have to go to the trouble of temporarily removing it, I might as well just sell it.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:31 AM
rhunt
Advanced

How much are you looking to get for it?

Rob
Old 10-01-2004, 11:39 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rhunt
How much are you looking to get for it?

Rob

the car or the SC? the later around 1/2 off list.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Kompressor
Intermediate

what year is your car? how many miles on the sc?
Old 10-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Ben,

Let me know what you're asking for and where you're located, I may be interested in doing a swap at the shop. Where in CA are you?
BTW what year is your car?
-Eli

Quick Reply: Supercharger ? to those who have them...