996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Sold the Carrera.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 04:23 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't have had the guts to get out of the car, but I would have been set to run over whoever and whatever was in my way if necessary. Glad you are ok.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:26 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where woudl you guys stach the firearm? What is your weapon of choice? Would you recommend hollowpoint or FMJ? I'm guess hollow might be better for urban that is close in range.

I would get a Sig or PPK .380 but I know most of you would prefer something bigger like .45 or at least 9mmm.

Would you be charged if you did wound someone in defense? Besides a pepper spray and maybe taser gun are there other non legal options? I'm hesistatnt to keep a firearm in the car. I would probly use it!! hilarious
Old 07-14-2005, 04:30 PM
redduck996
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would I need to renew my concealed weapons permit?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:33 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Wow, and I thought NYC could be tough.

Reanimator, where are you located?

Eli: You were shot at!!! Bloody hell, I think that would have done me in.

That Nashville piece is really tough! I was in Nashville Sunday night and Monday. I even drove past that mall!
Old 07-14-2005, 05:20 PM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

wow, glad everything turned out safely...

makes me think if I shuold be carrying "heat" around too
Old 07-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by yetis
Wow, and I thought NYC could be tough.

Reanimator, where are you located?

Eli: You were shot at!!! Bloody hell, I think that would have done me in.

That Nashville piece is really tough! I was in Nashville Sunday night and Monday. I even drove past that mall!
Although it was the first it sure wasn't the last..... put 2 and 2 together.... "I was in the service from 1993-2001 and I lived in WATTS for more than two years.....

I guess I've been pretty lucky considering..... "God is great!"

-Eli
Old 07-14-2005, 06:20 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

As important as I think it is for people to own fire arms, the thought of drivers everywhere packing heat, does make one a little uneasy. I recognize that many of you are ex or even current military, but I had to reread this post just to make sure I read it right. Animator, you must of scared the living crap out of those guys. I am with 1999Porsche996 on this one, the best I could have done, would have been to just start driving over whoever got in my way.

Here in NYC, short of being a cop or working for the DA, its impossible to own a hand gun legally.

Wow!
Old 07-14-2005, 06:33 PM
leedav
Three Wheelin'

I was in the process of getting a concealed permit for my Glock...I took the course, etc..When I learned that it appears on screen when a cop pulls you over and they tend to greet you with a gun in the ear I did not continue. Maybe worth a re-think though.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

I lived in Texas when the state passed it's law to leagalize concealed weapons. Crime went way down right after that..... I would have applied but I we getting new orders to leave pretty soon after.....

-Eli
Old 07-15-2005, 12:51 AM
StanSoph
Racer

Originally Posted by djantlive
Where woudl you guys stach the firearm? What is your weapon of choice? Would you recommend hollowpoint or FMJ? I'm guess hollow might be better for urban that is close in range.

I would get a Sig or PPK .380 but I know most of you would prefer something bigger like .45 or at least 9mmm.

Would you be charged if you did wound someone in defense? Besides a pepper spray and maybe taser gun are there other non legal options? I'm hesistatnt to keep a firearm in the car. I would probly use it!! hilarious
I pack 24-7. I am especially careful when out in the P-Car; you are marked as well to do. If they take my car; fine, they can have it. I am also very careful when driving home to make sure I have not been followed. I don't like my wife being out after dark. No using ATM's; get cash at the grocery store. I don't have any kids and my wife and dogs are the most important things to me in the world. I have taken many classes with my wife so that she is compfortable with shooting if the need arises. We have a good home defense plan; we have run through some scenarios and discussed different angles. The world has changed quite a bit. I grew up in Texas and we would leave on vacation and not lock our doors. If all someone was going to do was take my stuff and not do anyone any harm; I'd be ok with that. But there are people who kill somebody for a freekin' pair of tennis shoes. If I or anyone in my family is threatened; I'm SHOOTIN'. Idon't want to, but I will. I carry an H&K USP compact 9mm or .45. Sometimes one of 2 Kimber 1911 .45's. I carry +P hollow point ammo in all guns. +P for good penetration and the hollow point for stopping the assailant. FMJ will certainly kill someone but have a tendancy to overpenetrate; going through the victim. The hollow point expands to limit penetration and causes more tissue damage.

I am glad that no one was injured in your scare. That is most important. But it serves as a notice to us all; as bad as we wanted our P-Cars before we got them, somone else wants them too........
Old 07-15-2005, 01:10 AM
Rasta
Racer

Scary stuff. Glad you're ok!
Old 07-15-2005, 01:26 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,486 Likes on 2,271 Posts

He now packs!
Old 07-15-2005, 01:43 AM
thanatos69
Intermediate

Man that is crazy. After working as security for a few of the finer establishments near an Army post in Louisiana (aka biker bars and strip clubs) I've learned to always pay attention to my surroundings. It drives people crazy sometimes but ya never know who's gonna come up behind you. I'm glad everything worked out in your case. I've been meaning to go get a concealed permit for a while now and after hearing this I'm more ready than ever. Now all we need to find is some light weight bullet proof glass for the car, I mean we don't want to add 'too' much weight for track events.

-Richard
Old 07-15-2005, 03:39 AM
Mitty
Racer

Originally Posted by mooty
He now packs!
Old 07-15-2005, 05:03 AM
ubergeek
Instructor

Stansoph,
Are you serious that you carry guns in your P car? do you feel not safe living in Remond? I am very surprised to read your posting. Having lived here for years, my impression and experience of this area is very different from that of yours. Maybe I am just too naive. :-)
There are way too many P cars and plus much better ones out here. I doubt if anyone gives crap to 911.
Anyways, I hope this doesnt happen to anyone. Safe driving.

Quick Reply: Sold the Carrera.