Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Got the GHLs and the OEM SSK. Props to jedier.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 12:07 AM
996 Convert
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got the GHLs and the OEM SSK. Props to jedier.

Big thanks to jedier for helping out with the tools, knowledge and sweat. Beautiful family you got there, especially considering how understanding they are of our shared mod sickness.

Actually put these on two weekends ago but had to leave my upgraded baby behind for a week for business travel. Boy did the week pass slowly.

Anyway, the difference is unbelievable. The sound is downright mean. It finally has the voice to match its looks. Exhilarating at WOT with the top down. Seems to be getter louder by the day. Still liveable if you take it easy with the right foot, although that's tough to do. Not looking forward to my fuel economy going forward.

SSK feels good too. Much more purpose driven though it does take more effort to shift, it enhances the driving experience. Overall, the car has taken on a completely different character and anyone looking for a more visceral feel should definitely do both of these mods.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:19 AM
jedier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was my pleasure! And seeing you drive off with a big ear-to-ear smile was such a kick.
BTW, I finished the 2 front calipers yesterday... When are you painting yours??
Old 03-28-2006, 07:34 AM
vove
Burning Brakes

Couldn't make it out there that day guys, sorry but I was too tired from the trip to atlantic city from the night before. Sounds like you guys had a good time installing the two. Im sure you love that 996 much more now 996 convert'. Enjoy that baby, the weather is getting beautiful...

Jedier, you are da man!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:55 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to hear this exhaust. Glad you like it though.

Originally Posted by 996 Convert
Big thanks to jedier for helping out with the tools, knowledge and sweat. Beautiful family you got there, especially considering how understanding they are of our shared mod sickness.

Actually put these on two weekends ago but had to leave my upgraded baby behind for a week for business travel. Boy did the week pass slowly.

Anyway, the difference is unbelievable. The sound is downright mean. It finally has the voice to match its looks. Exhilarating at WOT with the top down. Seems to be getter louder by the day. Still liveable if you take it easy with the right foot, although that's tough to do. Not looking forward to my fuel economy going forward.

SSK feels good too. Much more purpose driven though it does take more effort to shift, it enhances the driving experience. Overall, the car has taken on a completely different character and anyone looking for a more visceral feel should definitely do both of these mods.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:26 AM
m5guru
Instructor

I actually just ordered the Fabspeed product. I wish I was able to go to a gathering to actually hear the various different models of mufflers out there. Obviously, that is the best way to make up your mind. But alas, it never happened.

But in reading the various posts around here, one tends to get an idea of what the different models must sound like. There are even a couple of good comments from people that have had/heard different models in close proximity.

I picked up my BMW muffler the same way, and couldn't have been happier. I think I made the right choice just based on careful reading of forum comments.

Glad you like your mods. Now that my warranty is up, it is time to spruce up the car...

David

Quick Reply: Got the GHLs and the OEM SSK. Props to jedier.