Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Got my finger on the trigger... (w/ More Cobalt Pix)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 01:22 AM
porsche_guy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all for the posts. They've been very helpful as I'm thinking through this.

I went to see the car again tonight -- WOW, does Cobalt change in different light. It was a much deeper, richer blue this evening... I might be starting to like this color

I snapped a few pix that I thought I'd share. Hope you like them!

Still welcoming comments.
Attached Images     

Last edited by porsche_guy; 07-25-2006 at 01:56 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:41 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Very nice! I see that it has the supple leather option. IMO, you will like that very much. Also noticed that the PO ordered (or replaced) the upper console horse shoe, shifter and e-brake. So when are you going to pull the trigger? Once you do, here are three simple, inexpensive mods I suggest:

Clear side markers
Bumperplugs and door plug
Swap the black Carrera badge with a Brushed aluminum logo

You can get all three of these from Eric at BumperPlugs.com. He is a Rennlist Sponsor and a good guy.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:53 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just a great combination - love the deviating seats/carpet, and Cobalt is one Porsche's great colors. Closer to pulling the trigger?? Enjoy the hunt.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Good grief, you're almost moved into the car - just buy it!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:16 AM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

Very nice. If you decide to pass on it let me know...I'm in the market as well!

There are lots of 996's on the market. If this car is what you want, buy it! If it isn't quite what you are looking for (you seem hesitant) then continue looking.

What you don't want to do is spend $49K and look at the car every day and say, "It's nice, but, I wish it was <color> and had these <options>"!
Old 07-26-2006, 12:49 AM
porsche_guy
Intermediate

Thanks to everyone for the great replies. Very helpful.

Nutbeem -- you're right -- I've almost moved in. But, I'm enjoying the view from here.

The PO (present owner?) is taking the car in tomorrow for it's annual service (he's driven less than 1000 miles in the last year according to service records)... Wow.

Tim -- re: mods, I've definitely got the clears in mind and the aluminum 'Carerra' badge will be done if the color is dark enough during the day... Not sure yet on the bumper plugs -- doesn't CA require front plates?

The only other mods I'm thinking are aluminum gauge faces (or the whole binnicle cluster, depending on price) and a SSK. Any idea of the price/difficulty/look of these mods?

The owner gets the physical title next week as he's just paid the car off... so, we've got a little time. But, I'm definitely starting to get excited... And, starting to really like Cobalt... My first P-car!

Anybody know anyone that is in the market for a mint-condition 330 ZHP w/ 9K miles?

Thanks again for all the help everybody! I'll keep you posted.

Quick Reply: Got my finger on the trigger... (w/ More Cobalt Pix)