Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Funniest / dumbest comment you've received?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:29 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hamilton
When my neighbor saw it for the first time, she just kept saying "It's so BIIIG!" over and over. I still don't know what she was talking about...
Old 01-26-2007, 04:20 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Another Trunk Story

Along the lines already touched on -> I was working on my front blinker mod with the trunk open, and a guy sees me working and says "can I look in there, I've never seen a Porsche engine." He walks up, sees it's a trunk and just stares at me. I can't tell if he thinks I took it out, or if I did some serious modding to hide it.

I stop my wiring task, open up the hood, and say "they put 'em back here on these." Of course, it's anticlimatic, since the engine compartment only lets you see a fraction of the engine. He looks at it, and simply walks away.

-td
Old 01-26-2007, 06:27 PM
grant911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you spend all that extra money on that when you could have a Vette for half the price, and it's faster. I get that from the muscle car guys at work, it gets old pretty quickly.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:49 PM
phwang20
Instructor

"Couldn't afford a Lamborghini or Ferrari, huh?"

Yup, but I can sell this and buy 2.5 of your cars... go brush your teeth.

Not sure why I tell people to go brush their teeth, but there is no rebuttle to it - try it for yourself.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:05 PM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Troy R wrote: Christmas Eve at the family get together - cousin of mine in response to seeing Porsche in the driveway: "Aren't they all just basically Volkeswagons?"

Honestly that's a pretty smart comment to tease a P car owner! Difference between Volkswagen and Porsche is though that Volkswagen developed since the Beatle and move the engine to the front.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So I'm just at the store and am waiting in line at the checkout behind the owner of a speed yellow 997S cab that I've seen around town lately. He's about 55 years old wearing a gold Movado watch, gold bracelets, gold chain necklaces, basically looks like a Vette owner. I decide to tell him about Rennlist so I try and strike up a conservation. I worked at home today so I'm wearing jeans, an old baggy sweatshirt and my hair is messy.

I say, "Nice 997 you have out there."

Him: "It's not a 997 it's a 911."

Me: "Well yes, but it's a a 997 too, you know 993, 996, 997..."

Him: "No it's a 911, it was very expensive I custom ordered it."

Me: "Nice, did you get the X-51 package?"

Blank stare.

Him: "It's very fast."

Me: "I bet."

I just decided to drop it.

I swear if you're going to spend that much money on a car, wouldn't you read a little about it?

This guy has the nicest ( besides mine ) Porsche in town and he doesn't even know WTF it is.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:30 AM
STRASPEC
Instructor

I just got my P-Car this weekend. I go to a very large church in Southern California. I was driving out of the church's road from the parking lot to the main street and ended up at a red in a left-turn double-lane in the front. I was on the right and there was a new model white Ford Expedition with a family in it. I was sitting at the light, then I hear a small child's voice, I wasn't really paying attention... then I heard it again louder, so glance to my left and its a nice family with the dad driving the SUV, the mom sitting in the front passenger, little girl in her car seat and a blonde haired boy with blue eyes not older than 5 years old in a kid seat. He was staring at the car with big eyes waving to me, I waved to the kids and smiled. (I'm a nice guy!) Kids wave back and smile.

Then the mom rolls her window down and says: "He (pointing to her son) wants to know if thats a POR-SCHA." I respond "It sure is!" The mom says: "Yea he was asking about it because he saw the movie 'Cars'! Theres a Por-scha in it." I say: "Yea I know, its the girl-car" Mom says: "NOOOO! Its not a girl car (looking at my car)!" I said: "I mean the character is a girl." She says, "Oh yeah!"

Light turns green and I wave to the kids and give them some revs, take off, and give them some nice sounds from my PSE! I hope I made that kid's day, it sure made mine!

I was surprised kids even know what a Porsche is and how to say it!
Old 01-29-2007, 05:38 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 137 Posts

Porscha? You pronounce it Porscha?
Old 01-30-2007, 02:21 AM
STRASPEC
Instructor

I'm writing it Phonetically on how they said it...
Old 01-30-2007, 03:16 AM
man_of_ice
Racer

Well - its just plain wrong as I hope you know. Its por-scheh not por-scha (phonetically).

http://german.about.com/library/weekly/aa020401a.htm

Last edited by man_of_ice; 01-30-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:52 AM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, this is not exactly a "Porsche comment" but I was driving my 996 Cabriolet at the time so it is somewhat on-topic...

I went out to pick up a sandwhich at a Potbelly restaurant (a chain of sandwich shops, a little more upscale than Quizno's). As I was coming around the entrance to the parking lot I saw an open spot about 6 spots from the restaurant. "Perfect", I said, but as I tried to pull in, this big woman jumped in front of my car and refused to move so I can park. She kept waving at her friends in a Toyota RAV4 on the other side of the parking lot to come take the space. I tried inching up the spot to make her move but she wouldn't budge and just kept waving at her friends (all of whom were shaking their heads inside the RAV4, telling her to give me the spot.) I scanned the parking lot and saw 2 other open spots a little further down so I decided it was not worth the hassle, backed up, and took another spot and went in the restaurant.

A couple minutes later I was in line to order my food when the woman walks in with her entourage. I guess she was high on adrenaline from the incident because she wouldn't shut up about it. She even started trash talking in a loud voice, making sure I can hear "I can't believe that guy in the Porsche tried to take that spot. That was MY spot." And on, and on. I usually try and avoid confrontations but this lady wouldn't shut up and I snapped. I turned around and looked her straight in the eyes and said "Lady, just because your *** is as wide as a Buick's does not mean you can park without a car!" She and all her friends heard that. Half the restaurant heard that. There was silence. I turned around and went back to the business of ordering my food. A few minutes later I hear her again, mumbling to her friends about how she couldn't believe I said that and how I was an *******. This time it didn't bother me.

So, if you're out driving in Northern Virginia and a group of big, angry women riding in a RAV4 cuts you off then you know why.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Sids911
Instructor

Originally Posted by programmatore
Okay, this is not exactly a "Porsche comment" but I was driving my 996 Cabriolet at the time so it is somewhat on-topic...

I went out to pick up a sandwhich at a Potbelly restaurant (a chain of sandwich shops, a little more upscale than Quizno's). As I was coming around the entrance to the parking lot I saw an open spot about 6 spots from the restaurant. "Perfect", I said, but as I tried to pull in, this big woman jumped in front of my car and refused to move so I can park. She kept waving at her friends in a Toyota RAV4 on the other side of the parking lot to come take the space. I tried inching up the spot to make her move but she wouldn't budge and just kept waving at her friends (all of whom were shaking their heads inside the RAV4, telling her to give me the spot.) I scanned the parking lot and saw 2 other open spots a little further down so I decided it was not worth the hassle, backed up, and took another spot and went in the restaurant.

A couple minutes later I was in line to order my food when the woman walks in with her entourage. I guess she was high on adrenaline from the incident because she wouldn't shut up about it. She even started trash talking in a loud voice, making sure I can hear "I can't believe that guy in the Porsche tried to take that spot. That was MY spot." And on, and on. I usually try and avoid confrontations but this lady wouldn't shut up and I snapped. I turned around and looked her straight in the eyes and said "Lady, just because your *** is as wide as a Buick's does not mean you can park without a car!" She and all her friends heard that. Half the restaurant heard that. There was silence. I turned around and went back to the business of ordering my food. A few minutes later I hear her again, mumbling to her friends about how she couldn't believe I said that and how I was an *******. This time it didn't bother me.

So, if you're out driving in Northern Virginia and a group of big, angry women riding in a RAV4 cuts you off then you know why.

You should have gotten a discount at that place ....
Old 01-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Sids911
Instructor

Originally Posted by man_of_ice
Well - its just plain wrong as I hope you know. Its por-scheh not por-scha (phonetically).

http://german.about.com/library/weekly/aa020401a.htm
Hey - that link says you should pronounce it "PORSH-uh" ... which is almost like "por-scha" instead of the "por-scheh" you said ??
Old 01-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Troy R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

... I turned around and looked her straight in the eyes and said "Lady, just because your *** is as wide as a Buick's does not mean you can park without a car!"
That gave me a good chuckle... thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 10:37 PM
rroobbcc
Racer

"Lady, just because your *** is as wide as a Buick's does not mean you can park without a car!"
Dude, you just made me spit tea all over my laptop!!!

Quick Reply: Funniest / dumbest comment you've received?