Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Funniest / dumbest comment you've received?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 08:40 PM
WillGT-S
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funniest / dumbest comment you've received?

I pulled up to the gas pump the other day in OR and the attendent looks at me like I'm a moron. She starts to motion for me to turn the car around (so the driver's side rear fender is up at the pump), when she sees that the fuel door is right in front of the V-Power nozzle. Then she tells me in a very exasperated voice that I need to pop the filler door while I start trying to tell her / mime that you need to push down on the front.

The whole thing gave me a pretty good chuckle. What's the funniest / dumbest / most clueless comment someone's said to you?

Ex. A kid to his friend, while I'm stopped at another gas station:
"See I told you it's not a camaro!"
Old 10-12-2006, 08:52 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

someone asked me if my car was fast. My reply was it depends.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:54 PM
eurotrashed
Instructor

Some older lady in a Corvette followed me to my garage and then asked, "Is that a Boxster?"

She then proceeded to tell me to never buy a Corvette because hers has been in the shop so much.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:55 PM
discoganya
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Most people are amazed to see that the trunk is in the front. When loading something in the trunk in a parking lot, I always get the attention of surprised people. Happens a lot.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:57 PM
evansaero
Pro

Yesterday, in a not so nice area of town the car brakes down. Parked it along the side of a major street.

While sitting in a local restaurant waiting for the tow I over heard 2 ladies talking about my car.

"You know that Porsche will be stolen within the next few hours. He should have never parked along the street like that, for the hood to see"

Making comment to myself... She right, now only if they could get the car to move. I might even pay them.

That comment was the only one that made me laugh that day
Old 10-12-2006, 08:57 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was getting into the car getting ready to leave the post office when this guy says, "Wow that thing must have set you back a couple hundred thousand." I just smiled and drove away.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:01 PM
WFO
Advanced

Not really Porsche related, but my wife has a garage queen black Toyota Mr2 Spyder.....one day a couple of kids were walking past our house, and I heard one say to the other..."whoa, that's one of those new vipers"......I've had people ask if the 996 is a boxer. Most people think the carrera's are boxers.....like Mike Tyson.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

people i barely know asking if they can try a spin at the wheel when they see it!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:17 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by discoganya
Most people are amazed to see that the trunk is in the front. When loading something in the trunk in a parking lot, I always get the attention of surprised people. Happens a lot.
Security check point into the Rogers Center parking: rent-a-cop walks to the back of the car, taps on the side glass and tells me (with all the self-importance and attitude in the world) to pop the "trunk" so he can check in there. I pop the front hood, lean out and tell him that thats the engine in the back and he probably should look in the front. He walk to the front and as he passes my window, I hear him mutter: "...I knew that.". It took a lot of self discipline to not laugh out loud in his face.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

A pimple-faced valet once said "nice Volkswagen" after I wouldn't let him drive the car. I complimented him on his mullett.

Also, I'm surprised at the number of people who think a Boxster costs more (not that it matters).
Old 10-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by WFO
Most people think the carrera's are boxers.....like Mike Tyson.
It is a boxer.

Boxer=horizontally opposed motor (i.e. flat 6)
Old 10-12-2006, 11:54 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The comment that I always get repeadtly is, "why dont you buy a 'vette, it has more power for less money". Then I say, becuase I dont like to drive tupperware. And then I say to myself, if you dont get it, well, you dont get it!
Old 10-13-2006, 01:13 AM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got 2:
1. from my mother in law.
i bot my car with hard top, so in april sunny weekend, i took the hard top out, next monday, i drove to work with top down. in the afternoon, it started rainning, my mother-in-law asked my wife:"how can he drive in the rain? he left the top at home?"
2. lending my car to friend, after she comes back, the radio button on the streeing wheel don't work right" (i have a tip)
Old 10-13-2006, 01:33 AM
AmirShaikh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was driving by top down on my street, and ran across a landscaper working on a neighbour down the street.

I asked him to come take a look at my house and give me some estimates on some work.

He came later, and spoke to my wife...he said to her in the conversation:
"That's nice white S2000 your husband has"

thanks,
Amir
Old 10-13-2006, 02:59 AM
alpha1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was loading a few groceries into the trunk when I noticed a woman (who was with her husband and kids, loading groceries into their SUV) watching me closely. I answered her unspoken question with "The engine's in the back", and she replied "There's not much room in there".

Quick Reply: Funniest / dumbest comment you've received?