Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 04:25 AM
lexpilot
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobalt is paint code L3C8 ?

What do the paint code L3C8 represent.
What about interior code CW ?
I've got a good option code reference but have not found a paint code reference.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:54 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

3C8 is Cobalt Blue Metallic

C and D are used for grey interior designations. I have never seen "CW". Where are you getting them from?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:02 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Here is a lnk to RennTech.org that lists the exterior paint colors.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...colors_carrera
Old 01-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lexpilot
What do the paint code L3C8 represent.
What about interior code CW ?
I've got a good option code reference but have not found a paint code reference.
The two letter interior code is an internal factory computer generated system that has been in place since around 1982. They represent the colour mix of the interior for each individual Porsche.
The first letter (C in this case) represents the main assembly colour combination and the second letter (W in this case) represents the trim colour combination.
Each of these letters represent multiple combinations of the three-letter material/material colour codes used in the final product. The computer takes all these codes and turns them into two letters which you see on your documents.
These codes are not decodable outside of the production line computer nor are they recorded on the build sheet. The build sheets used by PCNA for the Certificates of Authenticity contain the actual interior materials and their colours used and the C of A will reflect this ie: Light grey/Light Grey or Tan and blue/Tan or Black/Black and so on and so on.
These two-letter codes are NOT in the factory materials catalogue either because they are generated specifically for each individual vehicle at the end of the production line when the labels are printed out and applied.
Because there are only 676 two-letter combinations they are constantly repeated. CC on the 964 was Black/Black and so was UH. My 996 is SP.
It is possible to find others with the same colour code, but do not be surprised if they are different. I tried many years ago to compile this list, but gave up with the main problem being that people could not identify the colours properly apart from the repeating problem.
Ciao,
Adrian.

Quick Reply: Cobalt is paint code L3C8 ?