Sponsored by:

Booster seat for Cab -- all you need to know

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 10:04 AM
jeffsnavely
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Booster seat for Cab -- all you need to know

After spending lots of time searching forums, buying different boosters, etc, here is what you need to know:

99.9% of normal booster seats do not fit as their bases are too wide. One that did fit physically still didn't work as its seatback interfered with seatbelt retraction. Others that do sort of fit are almost impossible to use as reaching the seatbelt receptacle is too difficult.

BY FAR THE BEST FIT IS the Britax Starriser (recommended in other posts)

which is no longer available, but the same seat is being made under license for Fischer Price as the Safe Voyage, and it is the best fitting seat I've found (I did remove the seat cushions & seatbacks for the best fit). It also happens to be the best looking one to match my grey interior!

This seat has a much more narrow base which means it fits in great and makes the seatbelt very easy to buckle as you can easily reach the receptacle.

Babycenter.com has them on sale for only $63.99 and a free shipping code on the checkout page - an incredible deal for a Britax seat in disguise -- buy one now even if you won't need it for a few years -- this will save you a lot of grief later if they stop manufacturing it!!

This post has a picture & info:
http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...l=booster+seat

Also, some posts about removing the rear seat backs don't include info on the tool bit needed -- it's an 8mm metric "triple square" 12-point bit.

After wasting lots of time trying to find a cheap one online, the best bet is to go to AutoZone -- their own "OEM" brand 4 pack for $12.99 with 6,8,10,12 mm.
It's part # 25015 "Internal Wrench Set - 12 point metric"
Old 02-17-2007, 12:27 PM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do also have the Fisher Price seat for my daughter and agree that it's the best solution on the market. Minor issue that I have with it in my 996 Cab is that with the Porsche seat cushion and backrest removed, the top of the child seat is a little too high and interferes with the edge of the soft top compartment, so the child seat sits very steep and the back is not attached to the wall.

Quick Reply: Booster seat for Cab -- all you need to know