Sponsored by:

Hood Opening Automatically - And a Fix

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 08:44 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Hood Opening Automatically - And a Fix

So this morning when I unlocked the key via the remote, the hood popped open as well... thinking I made a mistake and hit the wrong button, i closed the hood and took off... About 1 minute later the hood popped open again as I was driving. Closed it, took off... A few minutes later again it popped open...

After calling the dealer and explaining the issue ( I thought it was something stupid, like the Remote stuck or due to the bitter cold weather in the area.. maybe ice on a contact) the dealer mentioned that every once in a while dirt/pebbles get stuck in the switch on the drivers side.

So I lifted the switch up, cleaned out the dust, etc..and voila no problems.

Hope this helps someone out... Anyone have similair problem... or any issues due to ice, really cold weather?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Dave Howerdel
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the same issue with the 986. I think the lever stays at the threshold where it releases the hood. A bump/corner pushes it beyond this threshold and pops it. Also, the cold weather seems to exacerbate the issue. Holding the lever up while hitting it with crc contact cleaner followed by a non-conductive lubricant(in this case corrosion-x - no affiliation) solved it.

Quick Reply: Hood Opening Automatically - And a Fix