Change mph to kmh - how?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 05:49 AM
NOBY
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change mph to kmh - how?

Hello.

I wanted to change on my new imported porsche from mph to kmh, I was aware it was an easy thing to do when I called porsche a time ago but now I cannot remember the steps.

Does anyone know how to change this, or do I need to drive it to porsche?

//Norbert
Old 05-02-2007, 06:27 AM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi Norbert (Are you from Malmöe?)

You can use adjustment using button A to change the units of the distance and speed displays in the on-board computer and digital tachometer.

Switching between units:

With the ignition on, hold adjustment button A turned to the left for aprox. 5 seconds. The units of the distance and speed displays can also be changed in the "SET" menu of he on-board computer.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:39 AM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

Use the button A turn it left without pushing in and after 3-4 seconds it will change over. Note only changes the speed does not change temp from F to C.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:43 AM
NOBY
Pro

Thanks guys!

How do I change the temperature?

juankimalo: Nope from Stockholm.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:45 AM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

If you find out let me know! I think the dealer can with their computer.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:50 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBY
Thanks guys!

How do I change the temperature?

juankimalo: Nope from Stockholm.
Very easy. Use the on board computer to change it over. You access it with the bottom left stalk by pushing and pulling. you can change exterior, interior temp to celcius as well as fuel economy to liters/100. I also have a US car and changed it over that way. The bonus for me is that when I'm in the US for awhile, I can change it all back to mpg and miles in a couple of seconds.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:58 AM
NOBY
Pro

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Very easy. Use the on board computer to change it over. You access it with the bottom left stalk by pushing and pulling. you can change exterior, interior temp to celcius as well as fuel economy to liters/100. I also have a US car and changed it over that way. The bonus for me is that when I'm in the US for awhile, I can change it all back to mpg and miles in a couple of seconds.
Okey I will play with that button later and give you guys info if I succeed
Old 05-02-2007, 11:58 AM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Norbert, Do you have pics from your car?

I'm going to make a travel to Malmöe at the end of this month for a holiday and don't know anything about Sweden

Thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 03:41 PM
NOBY
Pro

Exclamation

I succeed to change the speedometer but not the temperature, dont know how to enter the menu that pongobaz is talking about

Juankimalo: You can find a couple of pictures of my car on page 2, I just got it yesturday, so Im kind of a n00b still.

When it comes to Sweden, I have lived here almost all my life but do not know much eather

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/331076-anyone-in-california-here.html
Old 05-02-2007, 03:48 PM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't have a stick for the board computer behind the steering wheel, then it's like rountreed said. The dealer can change the temp from F to C. It should not take him more than 2 min. and it will afterwards change with kmh to miles. so whenever you show kmh, you'll see C and whenever you change back to miles, it'll show F.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:56 PM
NOBY
Pro

Originally Posted by hwk72
If you don't have a stick for the board computer behind the steering wheel, then it's like rountreed said. The dealer can change the temp from F to C. It should not take him more than 2 min. and it will afterwards change with kmh to miles. so whenever you show kmh, you'll see C and whenever you change back to miles, it'll show F.

Okey I do not have a lever behind the steeringwheel on the left bottom side as a rennlist member emailed me.

The mph is changed to KMH , so that I succeed to accomplished to turn the little wheel like everyone said, but the temperature I did not succeed
Old 05-02-2007, 03:58 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I succeed to change the speedometer but not the temperature, dont know how to enter the menu that pongobaz is talking about

Juankimalo: You can find a couple of pictures of my car on page 2, I just got it yesturday, so Im kind of a n00b still.

When it comes to Sweden, I have lived here almost all my life but do not know much eather

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331076
NOBY - based on memory, I don't believe you have the trip computer in your car, with the stalk control that pongobaz is talking about.

Your stalk would be on this side - and I only see the indicator stalk on your car.

Also, your in-gauge display doesn't look to have the in-car trip computer

From memory, it could be simply that your year of 996 didn't have that available as an option.

In that case - I'm not sure how you change the F to C on temps - anyone any ideas?
Old 05-02-2007, 04:39 PM
NOBY
Pro

Oooooooh my beautiful interior... I love it =)

I have a stalker on the right bottom side that have the same marks like I got a pdf file with a stalker on the left, its also a button on the stalker top that can be pressed in and out, I tested it but nothing happend and it felt like it could only be pulled down but not up.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:42 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oooooooh my beautiful interior... I love it =)

I have a stalker on the right bottom side that have the same marks like I got a pdf file with a stalker on the left, its also a button on the stalker top that can be pressed in and out, I tested it but nothing happend and it felt like it could only be pulled down but not up.
Probably cruise control - you checked the manuals that came with the car?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:16 PM
NOBY
Pro

Originally Posted by cdodkin
Probably cruise control - you checked the manuals that came with the car?
No Im not the manual guy, I always want to figure it out on my own or this time from a forum

But realy I did not think this stuff would be in the manual but I guess I will take a look tomorrow

If anyone find out how to change, let me know!

Quick Reply: Change mph to kmh - how?