Sponsored by:

DONE DEAL! Pulled the trigger on an '02 C4S...PICTURES

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:20 AM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Altruism is in the air!!
We're one big family arr0gant! BTW I still admire you buddy; you obviously got more for your C4S than some dealer-stealer get for their cars!
Old 05-19-2007, 01:24 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by hwk72
We're one big family arr0gant! BTW I still admire you buddy; you obviously got more for your C4S than some dealer-stealer get for their cars!
Thanks hwk, means a lot!

Just for the record, and a reminder of what a great guy he is, Steven Cole (his username for those that don't know) shipped me a pair of clear-side-markers. When I TRIED to at least pay for shipping, he wouldn't even let me. I will never forget that.

I really DO need to pass it forward!!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:17 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Congrats on getting the car and a very nice looking one at that!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Beautiful C4S at a great price. CPO'd to boot. Use it well. It sounds like an incredible find. Hope all the concern others have raised amounts to nothing. Love Seal Gray. Now go and get some clear corners - quick!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:52 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JBRipps
Jasper....thanks for the input. The price differential between your car and mine sounds just right........

... Anyone know if the aluminum pedal covers are stock?

I'll keep you all posted.

Jon
Jon - No, the aluminum pedals are not stock.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:55 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Beautiful C4S at a great price. CPO'd to boot. Use it well. It sounds like an incredible find. Hope all the concern others have raised amounts to nothing. Love Seal Gray. Now go and get some clear corners - quick!
At least you didn't tell him to go DRIVE it!
Old 05-19-2007, 08:36 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

with a CPO, I don't get all the boogyman stuff about what could be wrong... why rain on his parade? since we know he already purchased it, a little late for a PPI, so why mention? with the CPO unless there is something hugely wrong structurally, he will be covered.... i think that this is a fantastic buy, great job!
Old 05-19-2007, 10:10 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Regarding steering wheel pics:

I have noticed that several cars's steering wheel having a different shade color on the horn/airbag cover than the steering wheel themselves. Can anyone shed some light into this?
Old 05-19-2007, 10:28 AM
JChiles
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
Regarding steering wheel pics:

I have noticed that several cars's steering wheel having a different shade color on the horn/airbag cover than the steering wheel themselves. Can anyone shed some light into this?
Leather wheel, plastic airbag cover?
Old 05-19-2007, 11:33 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JChiles
Leather wheel, plastic airbag cover?
Yup, light reflecting differently on a different material, is all.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:23 PM
palladio
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats! A beautiful car in a great color combo. I'd have pounced on that one too.

I would think you're covered since it's CPO'd from a dealer. However, I'm surprised that a dealer can/would CPO that had bodywork done (other than maybe a bumper respray). I was under the impression that accidents/bodywork would prevent a CPO. I've looked at a couple of super-clean low mileage cars in the Atlanta area that were traded in at the local Porsche dealers, but that had some minor accident or cosmetic damage repairs. The dealers ended up sending these cars to auction or sold them at wholesale to other local used car dealerships.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

that's hella find.... cheap...damn cheap with those miles...... congrats and hope for the best.....
Old 05-19-2007, 04:50 PM
justinmm2
Burning Brakes

Awesome car, love SG I wouldn't lose any sleep over the "too good a deal" comment. The 996 market is very soft.

My only question is how was it CPO? I thought cars that had been in any accident were not eligible for CPO?
Old 05-19-2007, 05:02 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all of the kind comments fellas. I spoke to them today again....I do believe this is a non issue car. I was told it was a MINOR incident....but they wanted to fully disclose it. Guess you can certify any car you want under the criteria utilized by Porsche NA. I'm not sure a minor incident will preclude a car from qualifying for CPO....at this point I would think not. They also mentioned something about numbers and CPO cars getting the same credit as a new car. Panamera stuff?

I'm hoping that the car gets picked up Monday in time for a weekend run that's being organized in my area here on the board. My first water pumper....geez, gonna be strange. I can't wait to have fun pushing buttons, playing....and having A/C that actually works. I love my '85 Targa....but it is crude and raw....not for daily use on hot days. A pleasure on the track tho. I've been told that once you can drive an older 911 on the track...you can drive ANY 911 on the track. Guess I'll find out soon.

Also.....I know this must have been discussed before...but do you think SNOW tires are essential if my car sees snow? I do plan on driving it if it's not too too deep. With such wide traction....not sure if I need to get more tires....or winter wheel setup.

Thanks,
Jon
Old 05-19-2007, 05:54 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by JBRipps
Also.....I know this must have been discussed before...but do you think SNOW tires are essential if my car sees snow? I do plan on driving it if it's not too too deep. With such wide traction....not sure if I need to get more tires....or winter wheel setup.

Thanks,
Jon
Yes they are. Compound is different on Winter tires and they don't harden up like hard plastic below 5c.

Quick Reply: DONE DEAL! Pulled the trigger on an '02 C4S...PICTURES