Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

My '02 996 C4S FOR $42.5K FINALLY ARRIVED FROM NAPLES.....here's the report!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Einstein
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does Naples have a website?

nice Pcar.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:43 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Gillie, my local dealership has some CPO cars in stock. When I stopped in yesterday, they had an identical car to mine, except it was an '03, similar options give or take. They advised me they won't let it go for less than 58K (which is about 4K too high IMO), so I wouldn't be too worried. I am still perplexed about the deal I obtained, but if they didn't have to advertise it, or have it take up room, there must have been some incentive. I'm also thinking that maybe they had it on consignment and the seller grabbed at early action (perhaps more money than he would have received had he traded it). I do know that some dealers will sell on consignment without telling the consumer. I've been told that I walk betweem the raindrops in the past. Just good luck I guess, as I have been extrememly patient in locating the "right" deal. I try to give myself a lot of cool down time when I want to be whimsical. Today, I loved waking up so I could drive the car. I have had a lot of cars, this one takes the cake. I'm hoping my boredom factor does not kick in too soon. Usually hits after 2 years or so. But I just can't imagine me unloading this car when factoring in what I paid.

MikeRosen, no worries there. While I drive too fast all the time, I will bring this car on the track eventually. I have tracked in the past, and it is addictive. Can't wait to see what this puppy can really do on the twisties in a controlled environment. I would imagine I'm going to need a different instructor given the extra power and handling. This car is simply a pleasure to drive on a daily basis.

Just wondering when I will start concentrating on work again instead of finding the weakest excuse to leave work for a while. That's one great benefit in working for yourself.

If anyone wants a hint on locating a good CPO, you can search the entire county in one search thru www.porsche.com. You can narrow years and models very easily. I found this car on the Porsche website a few hours after it posted, and it never appeared on the dealer's local site.

Einstein....here's their local website.....ask for Ken Lucas if you see anything interesting. He's a gem.

http://www.porscheofnaples.com/

Best,

Last edited by JBRipps; 06-08-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:07 PM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the car! You got a GREAT deal!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Man, we need to take that $42.5k out of our dataset here - it's an outlayer.

As for the speed, yeah, it's quite a jump from an older 911. I really enjoyed my '94 Cab, but when I drove the C4S the first time, it was a whole different ballgame.

It's a good thing I've never driven a turbo...
Old 06-08-2007, 03:58 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Nutbeem
Man, we need to take that $42.5k out of our dataset here - it's an outlayer.

As for the speed, yeah, it's quite a jump from an older 911. I really enjoyed my '94 Cab, but when I drove the C4S the first time, it was a whole different ballgame.

It's a good thing I've never driven a turbo...
Excuse my idiocracy, WTF is an outlayer.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:01 PM
joey c
Pro

i like that 993 more...
Old 06-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Excuse my idiocracy, WTF is an outlayer.
I think he meant outlier. $42.5 for a C4S?!?!, boy did I get piped for my C2 along with no Vasoline.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:50 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Copy of invoice

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the comments...they are greatly appreciated. Just put a coat of Rejex on the car.....looks a bit shinier, but certainly is much smoother when you run your hand down the car. No more small bumps here and there.....perfectly smooth. Really nice product.

Here's my invoice.....
Attached Images  

Last edited by JBRipps; 06-09-2007 at 01:26 PM.

Quick Reply: My '02 996 C4S FOR $42.5K FINALLY ARRIVED FROM NAPLES.....here's the report!!