My Porsche is gone :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 03:25 AM
mc_renn
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My Porsche is gone :(

Hi all:

I don't know why but I sold the 911. After many years of faithful service and almost 100,000 miles on the odometer she is gone. It was a great car....the engine never blew up, the RMS never leaked, she drove like new...never any rattles, never left me stranded--ok it left me stranded once but that was it. She is missed already....and I actually almost canceled the deal when I met the buyer. When I was taking him for a test drive and explaining to him how sweet those Fabspeed by-pass pipes sounded, or how fun it is to take it to redline, or....he cut me off he wasn't interested in any of that...he just wanted to know the gas mileage and if regular gas was ok to use?! I just hope he doesn't take it to Jiffy Lube to get an oil change...oh and before he drove off he wanted to know how to put up the spoiler because it looks "cooler."

Well, life goes on and I do have a question. I am getting a 1997 Ferrari F355. It is in North Carolina and I was wondering if any of you guys used Express Auto Transport. They quoted me a price of $1340 for door to door service on an enclosed trailer. Sounds really cheap, just wanted to make sure if these guys had a good reputation.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:37 AM
DMB14
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh god it hurts to sell nice things to people like that... Enjoy the Ferrari!!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:03 AM
pat056
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll drive it out there for you for a plane ticket home and expenses along the way (guaranteed not to exceed $1335). And you pay any speedeing tickets.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mc_renn
Hi all:

I don't know why but I sold the 911. After many years of faithful service and almost 100,000 miles on the odometer she is gone. It was a great car....the engine never blew up, the RMS never leaked, she drove like new...never any rattles, never left me stranded--ok it left me stranded once but that was it. She is missed already....and I actually almost canceled the deal when I met the buyer. When I was taking him for a test drive and explaining to him how sweet those Fabspeed by-pass pipes sounded, or how fun it is to take it to redline, or....he cut me off he wasn't interested in any of that...he just wanted to know the gas mileage and if regular gas was ok to use?! I just hope he doesn't take it to Jiffy Lube to get an oil change...oh and before he drove off he wanted to know how to put up the spoiler because it looks "cooler."

Well, life goes on and I do have a question. I am getting a 1997 Ferrari F355. It is in North Carolina and I was wondering if any of you guys used Express Auto Transport. They quoted me a price of $1340 for door to door service on an enclosed trailer. Sounds really cheap, just wanted to make sure if these guys had a good reputation.
Good luck with the Ferrari. Its something everyone has to go through at least once in a life time I think.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:00 AM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all: I am getting a 1997 Ferrari F355.
oops. I hope you know what you are doing. I could say hundreds of bad things about that car but I think I will only wish you good luck and congratulations.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:04 AM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Harold
Good luck with the Ferrari. Its something everyone has to go through at least once in a life time I think.
Why do you think so? I have worked for Ferrari, loved all the models and yet I am not interested at all in having one and I can tell you the reason why...
Old 10-10-2007, 10:16 AM
pl
Drifting

Originally Posted by zicoramone
oops. I hope you know what you are doing. I could say hundreds of bad things about that car but I think I will only wish you good luck and congratulations.
at least he 's not getting 348
Old 10-10-2007, 10:17 AM
pl
Drifting

now i know how it feels like when my daughters getting merried. ..

Hi all:

Old 10-10-2007, 10:32 AM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck. I used www.roadscholar.com for my transport b/w Fla. and NY. No issues and very reasonable. Make sure any carrier is FULLY INSURED.

J
Old 10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

Why do you think so? I have worked for Ferrari, loved all the models and yet I am not interested at all in having one and I can tell you the reason why...

Just out of curiosity, what are some of the big reasons you would never own a F-car? It seems like the stepping stone up for many P-car owners...
Old 10-10-2007, 11:46 AM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that is tough. The main reason I dont blame Tim for trying to sell his to a Rennlister first. But if you gotta sell, sometimes its just the first douche bag with the money!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice to hear you had few issues with your 911, you certainly 'used' your Porsche based on the mileage. Just a case of seller's remorse I'd say. Good luck with the F355, sounds like you'll forget about the sale once you're in the Ferrari. Good luck!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:44 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Barn996
Nice to hear you had few issues with your 911, you certainly 'used' your Porsche based on the mileage. Just a case of seller's remorse I'd say. Good luck with the F355, sounds like you'll forget about the sale once you're in the Ferrari. Good luck!
I doubt it. He had no trouble with his 911. Something tells me he will be cussing his 355 and lamenting his 911 sale. This coming from someone who is also looking for an F355. I am looking at it for a 3rd car that I know is one of the least reliable Ferrari has ever built which is quite an accomplishment. They are beautiful though, and knowing what you're getting into beforehand is key.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:47 PM
mc_renn
Instructor

Originally Posted by blk on blk
I doubt it. He had no trouble with his 911. Something tells me he will be cussing his 355 and lamenting his 911 sale. This coming from someone who is also looking for an F355. I am looking at it for a 3rd car that I know is one of the least reliable Ferrari has ever built which is quite an accomplishment. They are beautiful though, and knowing what you're getting into beforehand is key.
Yes I'm actually quite nervous about the ownership experience. I've gone back and forth so many times but it has been a dream car ever since it came out. I'm very curious to see how reliable/un-reliable this thing is. The car has a complete PPI done; I pored over all the service records; and it is from a very reputable shop. I do have the $10K reserve fund for mainetenance/service issues and unlike my 911 it will be strictly a weekend toy. I'm still questioning what I got myself into but I know once I see it that should be gone.....hopefully...would love to be in another Porsche if I had the garage space and the money.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:47 PM
mc_renn
Instructor

Originally Posted by JBRipps
Good luck. I used www.roadscholar.com for my transport b/w Fla. and NY. No issues and very reasonable. Make sure any carrier is FULLY INSURED.

J
Thanks for the info. I will give them a ring.

Quick Reply: My Porsche is gone :(