Goodbye 1999 C2 Speed Yellow Aero

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Duane993
Speed,
60K is a pretty good war chest to buy another Pcar. My sense is to wait, if you can bear it, until after this summer. That must seem like an eternity, but when the 09's come out, all the prior years take a hit resale wise. In the mean time you can save a few more $$$. For $70K you can get into a real nice 996TT. The other option might be a 996 GT3 if you can find a clean one that hasn't been tracked to death. You might not have as many ponys as a TT but all the suspension is done.
why not wait another 4 years?

the scenario you're recommending is like hold off on banging that fine coed cuz she'll be more tan by the end of summer... ain't no rennlist guy gonna be able to wait long and speedy is already on a one track mind full steam ahead to get his **** in another 911.

I agree that $60K is a good deal of money and my recommendation to him was save a few more Gs and get his sore butt into a 997S.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:34 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep I am going to take my time but I do not want to wait too long before I get another Porsche, I mean I waited a while for the first one to come into my life after I decided that muscle cars were not my desires anymore. And then once I decided exactly what I wanted based upon what I could afford, it took just over 6 months to find one. So it might take another 6 months to find the one I want which is perfectly fine with me.

If I can get a SY 997S in the next 6 months within my budget, doubtful though, then I will. The other option is to put the Aero Kit (i.e. GT3) on a SY 997 which is more realistic (that is no different than my '99 C2 with the Aero Kit). Sure the 997 doesn't have the extra pep of the 997S, but that is OK if that is what I can afford. But time will tell.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:17 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steven: I see a 99 SY coupe on sale over on RennTech in the for sale section...looks like your old car. I think the guy wants a around $33K for it.....but it's only got 29K miles on it.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:23 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Steven: I see a 99 SY coupe on sale over on RennTech in the for sale section...looks like your old car. I think the guy wants a around $33K for it.....but it's only got 29K miles on it.
Thanks Chuck I am sure my insurance company would be glad to see and hear that

But thanks for pointing this out to me
Old 02-09-2008, 02:55 AM
ntrylvl
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steven,

Sorry about the accident. I always remind myself that one of the reasons I have a Porsche is (hopefully) to protect me if I ever get in a bad accident.

Here's my old car (old as in I had it for two years and just upgraded to an 02 C4S):

http://www.autohauswest.com/index.php

Great looking car. Several tasteful mods. Drives perfectly. Thought you might be interested.

Best wishes...
Old 03-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi Steve, I saw this on ebay and thought of you. It is EVOMS development car for the SC...in your favorite color. Ebay item 300204233088

This one wouldn't be bad either....120229169685
Attached Images   

Last edited by Mfletch; 03-05-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:52 AM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Speed, Ive been gone for a while and just got back. This is crazy news. Glad your OK. Sorry for your car, I feel your pain.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:32 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Mark, thanks for the pics. The top one is way too much money for what it is even if it does have a new engine. The lower one is much more interesting, is it a Turbo?

Michael, thanks and all is well with me now, physically that is, mentally, that never changes of course.

No update on the next car, but with the current housing price declines, we have had to re-think about our priorities as to where our money is to go, so I think it will be a lot longer than anticipated before I am sitting in another toy. In the meantime I am working on the Mustang to get it running, and then eventually sell it.

Again, thank you to everyone for there messages and input. This has been quite an expereience for me, one that I have not experienced before, and one I do not want to experience again.

Quick Reply: Goodbye 1999 C2 Speed Yellow Aero