Sponsored by:

Goodbye fella's!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:33 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Goodbye fella's!

Well guys, it has been a fun ride. My C4 is officially sold. I received payment today and the transportation agency will pick up the car in a couple of days and take it to New York and then to British Columbia.

A few things I would like to share for those who care to read:

1. First and foremost - thank YOU to everyone on this board who helped me understand my car. The Carrera 4 had to be one of the funnest, coolest cars I have ever owned (I have owned 72 cars to date in the last 17 years). I have kept this car the longest (2 years and 4 months) and have truly been a pleasure having it. There are lots of very knowledgeable people on this board that have shared what they know and have also made me like the car even more.

Unfortunately, I am ready for a change. This was my 3rd car and 4th car at times, and last year I only put about 3,500 miles on it - she deserved better.

If I could leave with a little piece of advice for some, and please don't take this the wrong way (if you don't understand it, this is probably not aimed at you - but if you take it personal, then maybe you should think about it)...please don't be too quick to push people away from this great board. There are plenty of new people that join on a regular basis that may not share 100% the passion that some share for the P cars here...but that is not to say they are not true auto enthusiasts and that they don't appreciate the great cars Porsche produces. Let them learn about the car and let them realize that not just because you own a P, that makes you better than others. Personally, that is one thing that turned me off about the Porsche ownership. The attitude of certain people about "other" cars and the almost arrogant position of some... I have personally learned to appreciate ALL cars for what they are...cars. I am passionate about them but also respect other people's likes for other cars.

Again, that is just something to keep on the back of your minds.

Once again, thank you to everyone that shared their knowledge and that was eager to help with the smallest things. I tried to help as much as I could with my very limited knowledge about these cars.

I am not quite sure what is next...I traded in my 06 Z06 for an 08 this past weekend...
I am still driving my M3 as a daily driver...and am actually considering a 997TT now...but really don't know. There is an empty spot in the garage - who knows what it will be filled with - I will keep you guys updated.

Will come by from time to time to browse -

For any KC local owners...farewell party at my house for the Porsche...7pm on Friday...pm for details...

Old 04-28-2008, 11:38 PM
BrandX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope to see you back soon, Tail. I wonder where in BC it will end up? Maybe I'll see it around...
Old 04-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Just_rob
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your a better man than I, I couldn't have let that one go! Color it white, and there is my next car.. Hopefully you'll find something to replace it equally as nice!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:19 AM
TAILWAG
Racer

Originally Posted by BrandX
Hope to see you back soon, Tail. I wonder where in BC it will end up? Maybe I'll see it around...
Sorry...it is actually heading to Montreal, Quebec...
Old 04-29-2008, 12:25 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Beautiful looking car my friend. I hope that you'll return with a new 911 in the future. Until then stay in touch and who knows maybe you will show up with a new 998 down the road. Good luck.

Jay
Old 04-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

i agree with you on some of the flagrant and almost comedic manifestation/infiltration of porsche blinders in this forum. it's a mob in many ways. it's pure ignorance is what it is. it's bigotry. there i said it. blow da whistle.

and about the 997TT... quit talking, get it and show us how it's done.

i love all types of cars and you obviously have good taste with your picks. good luck.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:53 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

there is NOTHING better than a Porsche and death to all who think different!!! There can be only one!!! And THE ONE is and will FOREVER BE a PORSCHE 911...all other porsches suck!!!!

Please do not look to the left at my avitar!!! LOL

I have the same problem as you......P sitting in the garage not being used at ALL...Hate it....but just have no time and little baby (needs big truck) to get around town. I don't know what to do...already had 2 unsolicited offers....but it is not for sale right now.....I am waiting till my baby girl turn 1 yr in 2 months and hopefully she will like sitting in the back with the wind in her hair. We will see time will tell.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:22 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Great message, tailwag. Your words speak volumes. I hope everyone who's guilty of intimidating someone right off the board will listen. There are some terrific people on this forum who really stand out with their comments - they're the reason I stay.

My hope is that you'll get the urge to drive a Porsche again. It happened to me 3 yrs after I sold my 951 because it was sitting in the garage. Of course, the Corvette and the M were factors that I didn't have to consider. By the way, can't you continue to be a part of the forum? It would be a shame to lose a good contributor who has his head screwed on straight.

Have fun, whichever path you choose.

Bob
Old 04-29-2008, 08:12 AM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Personally, I don't understand why this forum needs to be agnostic to be legitimate. It's a Porsche forum, not a car enthusiasts' forum. And I haven't actually seen anyone here be arrogant about the assumed superiority of their 911. I've seen lots of people claim they're different, and lots of people accuse others of not "getting" it. That's not the same thing and, IMHO, it's a permissible bias when you're talking about a car that's had such a strange, epic history, such bizarre engineering, and such a tradition of irrational loyalty. To me, that's part of the pleasure of the car, and if it bothers someone then perhaps it's they who are insecure.

I love Porsches. It's not the same as having "blinders" on, and it doesn't imply I believe they are the best or even better than anything else. Porsches are what I came here to talk about; there are plenty of other sites on the 'net to talk about cars. If this site ever became some kind of let's-hold-hands-and-sing-Kumbaya forum where we all gush about every shiny new car that's fast on paper, I'd be the next guy out the door.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:23 AM
pat056
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TAILWAG
I get it and know what you're saying. It's hard to make your 1st post and have people intimidate you or in disagreeing, feel like you're being attacked as a person.
I hope you stay around as you are a voice of reason.
The car is absolutely beautiful!
You will be missed...
Pat
Old 04-29-2008, 12:10 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Tailwag... stop by once in awhile and say hi. GL with your new purchase. A 997TT would prob fit in the garages' empty space.... only one way to find out for sure!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by BruceP
Personally, I don't understand why this forum needs to be agnostic to be legitimate. It's a Porsche forum, not a car enthusiasts' forum. And I haven't actually seen anyone here be arrogant about the assumed superiority of their 911. I've seen lots of people claim they're different, and lots of people accuse others of not "getting" it. That's not the same thing and, IMHO, it's a permissible bias when you're talking about a car that's had such a strange, epic history, such bizarre engineering, and such a tradition of irrational loyalty. To me, that's part of the pleasure of the car, and if it bothers someone then perhaps it's they who are insecure.

I love Porsches. It's not the same as having "blinders" on, and it doesn't imply I believe they are the best or even better than anything else. Porsches are what I came here to talk about; there are plenty of other sites on the 'net to talk about cars. If this site ever became some kind of let's-hold-hands-and-sing-Kumbaya forum where we all gush about every shiny new car that's fast on paper, I'd be the next guy out the door.
It's not about being agnostic. It's about being open minded and candid about cars in general which I can be as I'm a fan of cars period. All types.

And you know exactly what I'm talking about, Bruce.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:38 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen!

Enjoy your new ride.

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
Well guys, it has been a fun ride. My C4 is officially sold. I received payment today and the transportation agency will pick up the car in a couple of days and take it to New York and then to British Columbia.

A few things I would like to share for those who care to read:

1. First and foremost - thank YOU to everyone on this board who helped me understand my car. The Carrera 4 had to be one of the funnest, coolest cars I have ever owned (I have owned 72 cars to date in the last 17 years). I have kept this car the longest (2 years and 4 months) and have truly been a pleasure having it. There are lots of very knowledgeable people on this board that have shared what they know and have also made me like the car even more.

Unfortunately, I am ready for a change. This was my 3rd car and 4th car at times, and last year I only put about 3,500 miles on it - she deserved better.

If I could leave with a little piece of advice for some, and please don't take this the wrong way (if you don't understand it, this is probably not aimed at you - but if you take it personal, then maybe you should think about it)...please don't be too quick to push people away from this great board. There are plenty of new people that join on a regular basis that may not share 100% the passion that some share for the P cars here...but that is not to say they are not true auto enthusiasts and that they don't appreciate the great cars Porsche produces. Let them learn about the car and let them realize that not just because you own a P, that makes you better than others. Personally, that is one thing that turned me off about the Porsche ownership. The attitude of certain people about "other" cars and the almost arrogant position of some... I have personally learned to appreciate ALL cars for what they are...cars. I am passionate about them but also respect other people's likes for other cars.

Again, that is just something to keep on the back of your minds.

Once again, thank you to everyone that shared their knowledge and that was eager to help with the smallest things. I tried to help as much as I could with my very limited knowledge about these cars.

I am not quite sure what is next...I traded in my 06 Z06 for an 08 this past weekend...
I am still driving my M3 as a daily driver...and am actually considering a 997TT now...but really don't know. There is an empty spot in the garage - who knows what it will be filled with - I will keep you guys updated.

Will come by from time to time to browse -

For any KC local owners...farewell party at my house for the Porsche...7pm on Friday...pm for details...

Old 04-29-2008, 12:38 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FS Carrera FS Aero

WRT that empty garage space, you may be interested in my car which I am trying to sell. I have posted FS and I also have an ad in Classified if you have an interest. $90K is the lowest it will go.

email bella@wbrinsurance.com and your C4 was a beauty!
Attached Images   

Last edited by bella1; 04-29-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:10 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceP

Great comments, Bruce!! ..and so long TW. Don't be a stranger!!

Just as Bruce said, this is a 911 forum, what do you expect? While I can appreciate other cars, the majority of us are most passionate with the 911 owning experience, heritage and all the other amazing stuff that goes along with that.

I can appreciate most cars, just like I can appreciate most women. However, a Porsche is special to me, that's why I've owned 4. Just as is a special girl that I may be in like, or even in love with. Sure, there may be better ones out there, however; as with my 911 Turbo, she stands out above the rest. That's what it's all about!!

So, call me Porsche-centric, that's a label I can surely live with!!

Quick Reply: Goodbye fella's!