Sponsored by:

Turbo bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:30 AM
rudy1024
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Rudy, you wouldn't happen to be a tad bit biased would you?
Lol... And I work so hard to keep my emotions off my sleeve... Failed again, huh???

Rudy
Old 04-27-2010, 11:34 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Yup, emotion containment fail

Be proud of your car and be proud of your emotions! As long as you don't go Ben Choi on anybody , be honest.....that's what makes this place great.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:54 AM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Rudy,

Your mods are tasteful and flow well. The OP didn't realize that the light bar off a C4S wouldn't fit on his narrow body car. This is the 4th post of him asking if parts from another series car will fit.

For sale:

99 Porsche 911 xxxxxx miles. no accidents, no paint work. nice options

For sale:

99 Porsche 911 was a c2 but now has Mk2 headlights/fenders/turbo bumpers, rocker panels off a mazda 3, c4s tailights(they don't work) 22 inch wheels
A real looker!!!

Which one would you buy?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

In my years of Porsche ownership and any cars for that matter when I see a mod like an updated front end or on an older car a Slantnose conversion I usually assume it was hit and that why the owner went ahead and did that. Usually it's the reason.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:22 PM
GolfTango3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
In my years of Porsche ownership and any cars for that matter when I see a mod like an updated front end or on an older car a Slantnose conversion I usually assume it was hit and that why the owner went ahead and did that. Usually it's the reason.
After I switch my front end to TL, I am going to keep the original bumper in storage for the next owner of the car. Does that counteract that issue?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbybailey
After I switch my front end to TL, I am going to keep the original bumper in storage for the next owner of the car. Does that counteract that issue?
absolutely, and there is a big difference between just a bumper swap and headlight and fenders/bumper...etc as we were discussing.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:03 PM
emdog
Instructor

That's what I was trying to figure out here, if it would be a huge process or if it was simple, I figured it would be simple because the 2002 all had the update, the only reason I was asking is because a friend was going to sell me one for $100 so I was going to buy it and wait and find the headlights for cheap if they came along, ect.. To tell you the truth I like the mk1 style the same as I like the mk2 style if not more, but I do like the black urethane lip. I have a fetish for black urethane side skirts, lips,etc... I like to buy things for my car as much as the next guy, I just like the things I buy to be subtle looking. As I have said on other posts, I would have bought a wide body if I had known that the urethane parts only fit those, but I didn't know at the time, and I'm not going to sell my car just to get a wide, besides I love my car. My plan is to keep it for a while longer and then give it to my girlfriend, she loves the crap out of that car too. Then I'll either get a turbo 996 or a 997 4s....or maybe a miata, that's always a tough choice.

Lv I always search before I post, but I have been using my iPad and it won't work to search or do some other things, I don't know why...
Old 04-27-2010, 01:17 PM
emdog
Instructor

Jim sorry I'm not as knowledgeable on models and years of 996 porsches as you are, Thats why i am on here, so i don't make the same mistakes that other people on here have obviously made, with extra parts sitting in their garage. Hopefully you understand that and are just regularly a dick and not just being mean because you have a Mazda and are butt hurt about my other post.

I think the things that I want on my car are simple looking upgrades that are not unreasonable to have thought that they would have been upgrade options that would have fit my car....just like the million other car brands that just use simple lip, skirt add ons thst make their higher end models look different.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:18 PM
FLY996
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bumper sold
Old 04-27-2010, 04:35 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Personally, I don't see the draw to changing a car to a model year it is not.
... though, in all fairness, it is a time-honoured Porsche tradition.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:44 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceP
... though, in all fairness, it is a time-honoured Porsche tradition.
Does the Boxster with the CGT body kit count?
Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2010, 08:35 PM
rudy1024
Pro

Originally Posted by soverystout
Rudy,

Your mods are tasteful and flow well. The OP didn't realize that the light bar off a C4S wouldn't fit on his narrow body car. This is the 4th post of him asking if parts from another series car will fit.
Thanks Jim - I didn't mean to come off so strong... just wanted to post an opposing view. No malice assumed from your post and none intended from mine...

Best,
Rudy

Quick Reply: Turbo bumper