Sponsored by:

Windshield washers not working...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 01:20 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 781 Posts

Good idea... haven't checked yet. I'll do that tomorrow morning.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:17 AM
relinuca
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Windshield Washer stuff

(Ref. '99 Cabrio)

The windshield/head light washer system is pretty straightforward. Pull LF wheel and remove fender liner and you're 90% there. Removing the tank is a DIY task and will facilitate checking things out. Two separate pumps and a plug-in fluid level gauge mean several places for electrical connection issues, leaking gaskets, and cracked hoses. But, fortunately, there's no rocket science here to figure out.

Two hours tops, even if you're a newbie.

relinuca
Old 04-29-2020, 08:58 PM
Michael Kulberg
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hear ww motor, no water at windshield or lights.

Reopening this thread in hopes someone has words of wisdom. I just acquired this 04 996 cab with 18k miles. When I try to run the windshield washer I hear a noise(assume ww pump) but get no fluid anywhere. Tank is full. I checked to see if fluid was escaping elsewhere but see nothing anywhere. Tubing behind battery seems to be intact. Before I go removing the wheel, would I not get fluid on the ground if the tubing came loose?
Old 04-29-2020, 09:55 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 781 Posts

My original issue ended up being the windshield washer motor. I replaced it and the switch.
The following users liked this post:
Michael Kulberg (04-30-2020)
Old 05-01-2020, 11:56 AM
relinuca
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The fluid reservoir has two pumps...one for headlights and one for windshield. The reservoir with pumps is removable. But to do so,you must remove the left front wheel and tire and then the fender's inner liner...awkward but very "doable" for an amateur. I suspect that the windshield pump has a fault of some kind. Be sure you block the rear wheels and place a large block or jack under the front suspension for safety reasons.

relinuca
Old 05-01-2020, 12:28 PM
Michael Kulberg
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks very much for your writeup. Ill definitely consider taking this on to see if I can diagnose the issue.
Old 10-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Rekooh77
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

This part was my problem with this issue. It’s called a T-shaped check valve and it’s $13 on Pelican. My Porsche mechanic buddy says they break all the time. https://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin...command=review

Old 11-03-2023, 09:39 AM
irontmp
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Yes... the fluid reservoir is full. My headlight washers work fine. If I activate the windshield washers, the wipers come on, I no longer get any fluid sprayed on the windshield. Every now and then, it will spray for a second or two, then stop. I'm wondering if the pump motor is bad - I'll have to investigate further.

Does anybody else have experience with an issue like this Apartments for rent in Lebanon? How hard is it to change the pump motor?

Thanks.
Wipers sweep but not windshield washer fluid comes out. Is their a fuse that I can't find?
Old 11-03-2023, 11:02 AM
wdb
Rennlist Member

Received 1,115 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by Rekooh77

This part was my problem with this issue. It’s called a T-shaped check valve and it’s $13 on Pelican. My Porsche mechanic buddy says they break all the time. https://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin...command=review
That confounded thing just gave up the ghost on my 2002 targa. I am going to use a tie wrap temporarily until I get around to replacing the cowl piece.

Quick Reply: Windshield washers not working...