996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

ONE CLASS ONLY FOR 2019!! M96 Engine Rebuild School Details & Enrollment

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 06:36 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,282 Likes on 899 Posts
Default ONE CLASS ONLY FOR 2019!! M96 Engine Rebuild School Details & Enrollment

The 2019 Online and Hands-On Training Schedule, just been released at www.theknowledgegruppe.com. The ONLY M96 “102” Hands- On Engine Rebuild School of 2019 is coming up 2/21-24/ 2019.

This is the same material that we instruct in PRO level classes. Class is instructed by Jake Raby and Tony Callas and is perfect for anyone planning on tackling their own do it yourself engine rebuild and sets you up for success.

Enthusiasts often bring a fresh prospective, allowing professionals to see the rebuild process from the enthusiast’s point of view, making for a better experience for all attendees.

Anyone wishing to attend the Hands-On class must first attend the 4 hour “101” Online Class to be held on January 10, 2019. This will get every attendee up to speed and let us focus on keeping the “102” Hands-On Class as hands on as possible. Even if you don’t want to attend the hands on class, the “101” Online Class has valuable information for any owner of Porsche model with the M96 or M97 engine. The 101 Online class is available as a recording as well, so those who may miss the content due to obligations can review the entire class at their convenience in the days following the Online class being held.

Here are a couple of recent Rennlist threads that were started by members that attended prior enthusiast level classes. See their reviews and tons of photos here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...***-102-a.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...2-class-2.html

Here is a bit about the two stage curriculum offered by the “101” and “102” classes:

All attendees will first complete one online "101" class sessions. These are preparatory classes for those attending the Hands- On class, and they are required. This allows us to cover more material in the hands- on class, and spend more time in the shop, than the classroom. In the online class, Jake Raby and Tony Callas provide the basic information necessary to understand the shortcomings of Porsche’s most misunderstood engine. The team of Raby and Callas bring their unique experiences to the class, with Callas instructing the external points of the engine, and Raby focusing on the internals. In this class you’ll be able to attend from the comfort of your own home, while you receive 8 hours of instruction on the topics of:

- Meet the M96/97- Engine configuration layout and subsystems illustrated

- Basic M96/97 Engine Management, fuel trim, system resets and etc.

- Cooling system design and function

- Oil System design and function explained

- Cracked Cylinder Heads, causes and effects

- All about scheduled service

- Engine Failure Illustrated - the truth about on- track failures

- G force oil starvation and other myths are busted!

For more details, or to sign up for the pre-requisite "101" Online Class, click here:
http://www.theknowledgegruppe.com/in...1-online-copy/

For details on the “102” Hands- On Class, click here:
http://www.theknowledgegruppe.com/in...-102-hands-on/

THE HANDS ON CLASS MUST BE FILLED WITH AT LEAST 10 ATTENDEES by February 1, 2019 to be held!
Don't buy your airfare until after February 1, 2019!

Old 01-03-2019, 09:43 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Hi, Jake, Thank you for offering these classes. I'm one of the guys that will be attending the hands on class in addition to the online class. Not sure if you've seen my new thread tonight, but I think my car wants to be apart of the class too because I went to drive it this afternoon and it was riding rough and then displayed a blinking CEL and "Drive to Workshop". Any advice how to proceed with this problem? I know I need to get a durametric, but I do have access to a cheapo scan tool. Would that work on these cars for this kind of problem. I didn't drive the car far and it has been sitting up since Thanksgiving. Maybe bad gas? Or the damp weather? Thank you for your time and efforts. And, I'm looking for to be in your class. Honored!
Old 01-04-2019, 02:17 AM
AnthonyGS
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

I will be in the online class. Work / 10 yr anniversary trip will likely push me to 2020 for hands on. I may also do high perf online. Now thst I have two M96s, it’s time to learn more.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:24 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AnthonyGS
I will be in the online class. Work / 10 yr anniversary trip will likely push me to 2020 for hands on. I may also do high perf online. Now thst I have two M96s, it’s time to learn more.
We will see you in the online class :-)
Old 01-08-2019, 01:03 AM
moburki
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Jake, I registered for the hands on class, but I'm unable to register for the prerequisite online class (full?). Any sympathy for a tardy planner?
I'm excited to learn from the people that know this engine best.
Thanks in advance,
Mo
Old 01-08-2019, 01:10 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by moburki
Jake, I registered for the hands on class, but I'm unable to register for the prerequisite online class (full?). Any sympathy for a tardy planner?
I'm excited to learn from the people that know this engine best.
Thanks in advance,
Mo
The online class is sold out!
We can share the recording of the class with you, which will work for the pre- requisite, you’ll have to sign up for that with Rebecca at the normal price. The system will only allow 24 live attendees, and its booked.. :-)

We are now at 7 for the hands on class to happen. Two more and l’ll give it the green light.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:15 AM
moburki
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations

The online class is sold out!
We can share the recording of the class with you, which will work for the pre- requisite, you’ll have to sign up for that with Rebecca at the normal price. The system will only allow 24 live attendees, and its booked.. :-)

We are now at 7 for the hands on class to happen. Two more and l’ll give it the green light.
If anybody backs out, please let me know.
Thanks, and I will do the recording accordingly.
Hopefully see you soon!
Mo
Old 01-08-2019, 01:18 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by moburki
If anybody backs out, please let me know.
Thanks, and I will do the recording accordingly.
Hopefully see you soon!
Mo
Backing out isn’t an option..
Old 01-10-2019, 01:06 PM
moburki
Rennlist Member

Bump. Let's make this happen gang! If you're on the fence, DO IT! We need you
Old 01-10-2019, 01:52 PM
details
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I would absolutely love to attend the hands-on class. However, having just tortured my budget this past October just to buy the car there's no way I can swing it. Too soon.

I'm really hoping that this (if it happens) isn't the last of the 996 hands-on classes.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:32 PM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,389 Likes on 1,266 Posts

Well, I went from a “maybe” to a “forget about it” back to a “maybe.”
Checking airlines and hotel costs to get a total cost.
Speaking of hotels, what is the recommended hotel?
I hope to know for sure whether I can make it before too long.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TexSquirrel
Well, I went from a “maybe” to a “forget about it” back to a “maybe.”
Checking airlines and hotel costs to get a total cost.
Speaking of hotels, what is the recommended hotel?
I hope to know for sure whether I can make it before too long.
Due to the location of the facility, there’s only two hotels that we allow. Anything else goofs up the flow, and our shuttle plans, etc. Look up the Holiday Inn Express, or Hampton Inn, in Covington Georgia. These hotels are 100 yeards apart, and the best places to stay.

We’ve had one more sign up today, that puts us two away from the minimum. Tonight is the nline class, so maybe after that two more people will sign up. The online class is filled to capacity, and now we have 6 people signed up for the video version of it as well. Never seen this much interest in the online class, we typically have 1/2 this attendence.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:22 PM
danielcooper9
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Just registered for hands on class. Not sure if you were talking about be registering today or someone else but I think I'm #9.?
Old 01-10-2019, 03:26 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by danielcooper9
Just registered for hands on class. Not sure if you were talking about be registering today or someone else but I think I'm #9.?
Thanks, you were #8
I will have the class if we have to with just one more sign up. I would prefer 2, making it 10.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:25 PM
AnthonyGS
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

The online class was really good. If you guys are sitting on the fence thinking about it, it is worth the admission fee. You get more than you pay for and you will definitely learn some things. I have a lot of general car experience, but learned a ton related to my 996 and 986 specifically. I'm looking forward to the hands on. I've already acknowledged the fact that at some point, I will very likely rebuild one or both of my engines. Selling either car doesn't appeal to me very much. I plan on getting a lift next year so both can be in the garage and the wife can still have a spot too.

Quick Reply: ONE CLASS ONLY FOR 2019!! M96 Engine Rebuild School Details & Enrollment