Sponsored by:

Wedge Mount Adapter for Rear View Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 05:38 PM
KoB
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wedge Mount Adapter for Rear View Mirror

If you've ever thought about replacing your rear view mirror with a wedge mount mirror, there's a pretty good deal on eBay for the adapter you'll need:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-rear-view...M/121689633282

This fits over the VW/Porsche "button" mount on the 996 and adapts it to the "wedge" style mount that is much more common. I have been using this adapter for the past couple years and it is solid. It was somewhat of a pain to install, but once I got it in place properly it fit like a glove.

My rear view mirror is a Gentex 453 out of (I think) a Hyundai. It is auto dimming and has both Homelink and a compass. There are many threads on Rennlist, including mine, about the installation. IIRC, the various parts (mirror, wiring harness, adapter, and wire cover) cost about $125 all in and I bought everything off eBay.

I have no affiliation with this eBay seller ... just thought I'd pass this on, as this is by far the best price I've seen on these adapters; they used to run about 40 bucks. With this lower price on the adapter, the parts ought to be in the $100 range -- not bad if you're looking to add auto dim, Homelink, etc.

Quick Reply: Wedge Mount Adapter for Rear View Mirror