Turbo brakes and Porsche Cup front swaybars

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 05:44 PM
2001996c4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo brakes and Porsche Cup front swaybars

Need some input.

My 2001 c4 was new to me about a year ago. Was reading a post about upgraded brakes and rotors, it got me wondering. My car came with an expensive upgrade I didnt pay for first hand. The car has factory Porsche turbo brakes, big new calipers and rotors, the bill was just under $6,000. The brakes are mine so that's that, just looking for input regarding the type of improvements I might be enjoying over stock. The author of the 996 complete companion says no need to modify 996 brakes in any way... What do you all think? I'll tell you the car stops like nothing else, so I won't be giving them up, I've just never drove a dead stock 996 so have no point of comparison.

On another topic, the same car has what I was told to be Porsche Cup front sway bars, the first day I drove it the seller said they are a little noisy at very slow speeds but that's because there are no bushings on these upgraded parts. Car handles very well, again no point of comparison for me as I've not driven a stocker. Any input?
Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Turbo brakes and Porsche Cup front swaybars