Sponsored by:

Cost for Hershey swap meet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:45 AM
SSST
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ951
Im not going because of the shirt... and because its thousands of miles away lol
I think the sarcasm in my previous post flew over everyone's head. LOL.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:05 PM
911mike99
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
Originally Posted by 911mike99
I was at the meet this morning. Said about 996 missing on the shirt. The tall old grey hair guy at the stand was a total smart azz about it. Because of him I left!
Are you serious Mike? If so, I'm glad I chose to boycott the event.

In attending CPA activities in the past I always felt that it was an "air-cooled" club and that they begrudgingly tolerated the water cooled crowd. This whole incident(shirt and Pozner letters) only confirms my prior suspicions.

Not another fcking dime from me CPA. I only regret that I gave you too many of my dollars in the past.
Yes I'm serious. The guy also got rude with a elderly lady when she ask to use the porta potty next to the stand. He told her NO! In a cocky loud tone. Not sure if he is the president of the Porsche club. But I'll never join it with a goofy cocky member like him!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:46 PM
dotframe
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My only experience with PCA members here in Texas has been at the track and everyone is super cool and there are lots of water cooled cars there. I guess it depends on the region.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:37 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 222 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by dotframe
My only experience with PCA members here in Texas has been at the track and everyone is super cool and there are lots of water cooled cars there. I guess it depends on the region.
+1 to what dotframe said. The Maverick region in Tx has tons of great people and a a wide variety of air and water pumpers. We all seem to get along. Maybe its because we all drink heavily.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:50 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,451 Likes on 2,715 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
Are you serious Mike? If so, I'm glad I chose to boycott the event.

In attending CPA activities in the past I always felt that it was an "air-cooled" club and that they begrudgingly tolerated the water cooled crowd. This whole incident(shirt and Pozner letters) only confirms my prior suspicions.

Not another fcking dime from me CPA. I only regret that I gave you too many of my dollars in the past.
i'm going to tell you one more time. move away from that nuclear reactor damn it!! and glad your saving your pennies for the shrink!!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:15 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
i'm going to tell you one more time. move away from that nuclear reactor damn it!! and glad your saving your pennies for the shrink!!
VERY CLASSY
Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 AM
DaveSpeed
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was new to going to PCA events till last year and only went to a couple but I found the events to be inviting. And more 996, 997 & boxsters than air cooled cars. I think HSM appeals to the air cooled cars more. But I'm not looking for any parts right now.

I do find it hard to get mad over a tee shirt.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

The past three national surveys have shown that PCA members own more of the late model cars than the older ones. Go to any PCA DE and you'll see more 996, 997, Boxsters, Caymans, etc than the aircooled Porsches. I was at the swap meet and I saw a good mix of late model and older Porsches. Where else might you see dueling Carrera GT's??

The model car doesn't determine who you are, you're actions do. The swap meet was a PERFECT example of what makes PCA great. PCA members volunteering, having a great time with old friends and making new ones, talking Porsche, bench racing, etc.

I've yet to have anyone question my ability to lead the club because I drive an air-cooled Porsche. Trust me, if my check book allowed it, I'd also have a 996 or 997 GT3 in my already crowded garage.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Turkertwo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience with PCA and other car clubs is that there is the "Preservationist" crowd and the "Let's actually drive the cars and have fun" crowd. I can understand preserving an older Porsche, but it's not for me. These are cars - not art objects. Ferry and his boys meant them to be driven hard and often, on a track or an open road. We must do what the Professor intended, and it sounds like most of us on the 996 site get that.

Quick Reply: Cost for Hershey swap meet?